Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:16:37 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Mom..... oy...... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: My Mom..... oy......  (Read 15107 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 29, 2012, 04:57:55 AM »

As most of you here know, my Mom (Mom to all of you:that is a good way to address her) is one of those people who never seems to get older or slow down in the slightest. In fact, she has more energy than me and has just turned 79: plus she shares her birthday with George A. Romero, so she is down with us.  Wink

Now what do I find out? She's fallen in love with a guy that she's known for quite a while and he has, naturally enough, gone ga-ga over her as Dad did so many years ago. I was actually quite shocked and more than a little angry when I found out in a roundabout way about the relationship. A few tears were shed by both of us but I am starting to come around to the fact that there are almost no bad things that could come out of this, aside from the fact that she might move to be with him. Even that move will be positive as he lives in her home town and as long as this guy looks after her and treasures her as I do, then I am OK with it.  TeddyR

Any thoughts, guys?  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:06:02 AM »

Life is short and love is what makes it sweet.  Good on her for finding someone to love; good on you for being an understanding son. I hope it works out great for BOTH of you! Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 06:18:37 AM »

Life is short and love is what makes it sweet.  Good on her for finding someone to love; good on you for being an understanding son. I hope it works out great for BOTH of you! Cheers

Thanks Indy: I always try to live up to the line in the Chicory Tip song Son of My Father which goes "Never go astray and stay a nice loving son..".  Smile

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:01:04 AM »

I think it is wonderful.  She is a very lucky lady on all counts: to have found love twice in her lifetime and to have a son like Trevor. 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »

I think it is wonderful.  She is a very lucky lady on all counts: to have found love twice in her lifetime and to have a son like Trevor. 

Thanks, Newt: the only problem I have is her finding out about her love-life splashed out for all to see on line [*Trevor gets hit upside the head*]  Buggedout OWW... sorry, Mom: only joking.....  TeddyR

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »

We should all be so lucky to find love at all, let alone twice.  Love is the answer and it always will be. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »

I'm so happy for your Mom....love makes life far more enjoyable. And you're such a good son. I know it was a suprise but you are handling it with grace and compassion...way to go,ya sweet man.
(((HUGS!!!)))

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:03:58 AM »

We should all be so lucky to find love at all, let alone twice.  Love is the answer and it always will be. 

Thanks, AHD  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 02:08:33 AM »

I'm so happy for your Mom....love makes life far more enjoyable. And you're such a good son. I know it was a suprise but you are handling it with grace and compassion...way to go,ya sweet man.
(((HUGS!!!)))

Thanks, Tracy: it wasn't so much a surprise as a hell of a shock. Not because Mom was in a relationship but because I had to find out about it in a roundabout way and not straight from her. Our family is a forthright and straight ahead one and it would have been nice to hear it from her first.

Still, there are more pros than cons in this situation and I am ready to accept her relationship and the new guy in her life: he must just not harm her in any way at all as that will be the last thing he ever does.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:21 AM »

I say good on her, Trevor.

Life goes on, and if she is willing to find new love at this stage in the game, well hell yes.

I'll admit it must be awkward for you. You're like a father giving away his daughter at the alter, just inversed. But look at it this way; when you're 79 you should be so lucky to find a new star.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 03:15:07 AM »

I say good on her, Trevor. Life goes on, and if she is willing to find new love at this stage in the game, well hell yes.

Agreed: I also say that. He must just be good to her in every way otherwise.......

I'll admit it must be awkward for you. You're like a father giving away his daughter at the alter, just inversed. But look at it this way; when you're 79 you should be so lucky to find a new star.

It is awkward but here are the pros:

1. The guy loves her to bits.
2. He can look after her and give her company, love, affection more than I can.
3. He is a man of means so Mom will be financially OK for the rest of her life.
4. She still wants to be on my medical aid and still would welcome financial assistance from me: no probs there.
5. She was born in the area where he lives so she is going home.
6. Her sisters and family live in that area and her one sister lives across the street from this guy.

Cons:

1. I will only see her once or twice a year as the city is far from here as opposed to a few miles usually, so it wil be quite a wrench, but I will get used to it. Eventually.

All I can say is [expletive deleted] it: I am going to miss her when she leaves.  Bluesad

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »

I wish your mom and her new love all the best my friend and remember that your many online siblings are here to help you through this time of change in your life.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Paquita

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »

Have you met this man and given him "the talk" yet?

Really!  I think it's great!  I'm sure you'll be in contact with her often and you can plan and look forward to your visits to make them extra fun and exciting! 
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »

I wish your mom and her new love all the best my friend and remember that your many online siblings are here to help you through this time of change in your life.

Awwww *HUG*, trek!  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 02:15:10 AM »

Have you met this man and given him "the talk" yet?

No, but he will be coming up in October and I will meet him then. Mom has told him that should he hurt her in any way at all that her son would sort him out and I'm sure that has given him pause. I will tell him myself that he must know he has entered into a relationship with a feminist who takes no nonsense from any man, let alone me and that should he try anything with her that is in any way wrong, he will have me to answer to.

Really!  I think it's great!  I'm sure you'll be in contact with her often and you can plan and look forward to your visits to make them extra fun and exciting! 

Thanks, Paquita.  Smile

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Mom..... oy...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.