Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:22:26 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL (2011) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL (2011)  (Read 12773 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »

I just watched this one and LOVED IT.   great idea, great cast, great set-up.  The whole things is just awesome. 

One extra on the DVD you really need to watch is the College Kids point of view.  They cut about half the stuff out of the movie to just show how the kids are seeing Tucker and Dale and turning it into more of a regualr horror movie.  It doesn't exactly stand on it's own, but it's a fun idea. 

I also think the half face look in this movie was better than the much more expensive one they used for Two-Face in the Dark Knight.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:18 PM »

Hoping to (finally) catch this one over the weekend. The RedBox machine around the corner from me has it, but it had already been rented by someone else when I stopped there last night.

...which p*ssed me off, cuz I was renting the new "Twilight" flick for my wife at the time and would've loved to have had "Tucker and Dale" to watch afterwards as an antidote!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »

I loved this one to death (pun intended) when I saw it too...

One interesting thing - I was listening to an episode of the Doug Loves Movies podcast, and Leonard Malting was a guest.  He was asked to name a movie that he highly recommends, but perhaps no one has heard of (this was before the movie had really become popular or well known - I definitely hadn't seen it).  He said that he enjoys this movie so much that he has shown it for the last two years as the final movie in the film course that he teaches (not sure where).  Coming from someone like him, who has proclaimed many times not to be a fan of these types of movies, that's pretty high praise.

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 05:43:01 AM »

One off my favorite parts was when Alison was helping dig the hole for the out house they were building. And her friends thinking they were gonna rescue her, were horrifed at this! saying "He is making her dig her own grave" xD

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »

EVERY damn time I go to RedBox to rent this movie it's always "Out of Stock." I swear I'm gonna start camping out near the RedBox machine waiting for someone to return a copy!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »

Best comment I've seen on this movie -

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 07:08:40 AM »

Picked this up on your recommendation, and you did not disappoint.  The film is a fun twist on the killer rednecks theme.  Laughed so hard at a few spots that I cried.  When Tucker cuts into the bee hive while using his chainsaw on the old log, then runs around screaming and waving the chainsaw in the air I was crying.  Also when the unfortunate accident with the woodchipper happens - man that was funny and wrong, and Tucker's sudden "Are you OK?" really made my gut hurt.  Probably my favorite part of the movie.

The second half of the movie slows down a lot, but there are still a few good laughs that are mostly due to one-liners.  Dale yelling at the college kids that if they hurt his dog "I'll get really, really mad!" is a lot funnier than it should be.  The two guys playing Tucker and Dale do a good job of delivering their lines, so that's probably why.

If you check out the trailer, just be warned that it gives away a lot of the really funny parts, but you lose part of the effect since they're not embedded in the rest of the film.

I've shown this to a few other people now, including a friend's wife who normally would roll her eyes at any sort of b-movie, and all of them have enjoyed it. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »

Glad you liked it, Andrew!
I have half a mind to watch it again with my wife.  I think she would like it!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 02:02:52 AM »

Finally watched this yesterday with my sis. We couldn't stop laughing! Enjoyed this very much. Too bad I had to wait for the Blu-ray to drop in price but it was worth it.
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »

Very surprising and quite funny
Jim H

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 01:13:25 PM »

Picked this up on your recommendation, and you did not disappoint.  The film is a fun twist on the killer rednecks theme.  Laughed so hard at a few spots that I cried.  When Tucker cuts into the bee hive while using his chainsaw on the old log, then runs around screaming and waving the chainsaw in the air I was crying.  Also when the unfortunate accident with the woodchipper happens - man that was funny and wrong, and Tucker's sudden "Are you OK?" really made my gut hurt.  Probably my favorite part of the movie.

The second half of the movie slows down a lot, but there are still a few good laughs that are mostly due to one-liners.  Dale yelling at the college kids that if they hurt his dog "I'll get really, really mad!" is a lot funnier than it should be.  The two guys playing Tucker and Dale do a good job of delivering their lines, so that's probably why.

If you check out the trailer, just be warned that it gives away a lot of the really funny parts, but you lose part of the effect since they're not embedded in the rest of the film.

I've shown this to a few other people now, including a friend's wife who normally would roll her eyes at any sort of b-movie, and all of them have enjoyed it. 

Yeah, the trailer spoils more bits of the film than practically every other trailer I've ever seen.  I think it has like 8 or 9 of the biggest laughs in the film, and showcases every death but like 2 or 3.  Skip the trailer and just see the film straight out.   Thumbup
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »

I watched this with my wife tonight, and she cackled several times at the crazy dialog.  My daughter watched some of it, too.  It definitely held up well for me the second time around.  One of the best horror/comedy movies of the past decade!

Archivist

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 02:10:28 AM »

The trailer ended up in the recommended videos in my YouTube page for some strange and completely unfathomable reason...   TeddyR

Now I have to see this movie, and watch it with friends who know the cliches and love a good spoof.  This looks very, very cool.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.