Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:14:38 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Proof « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Proof  (Read 7294 times)
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »

Got this the other day and have to say it's pretty damn entertaining. It's pretty much a redo of the first, but David Campbell and Ted Prior are a blast to watch go at it. Kinda like watching a couple of cartoon characters. there's some great one liners and a great, hilarious ending. Thumbup
Hey JayJay, give us a review if you end up getting this.

major jay

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 06:45:15 AM »

Wow, who'd a thunk DEADLY PREY is watched by Special Forces members for motivation? Buggedout
http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=183010#.UoymhNKThIF

Hollywood, CA - For years, a certain Special Forces platoon, has watched the 1987 action film Deadly Prey to get pumped up prior to deploying on missions throughout the Middle East and Afghanistan.

This Deadly Prey viewing tradition has been handed down from platoon member to platoon member over the years, or as they put it:  “Never before or since has an action movie covered the sheer tenacity of a war fighter willing to do whatever it takes to right the wrong that has been done to him. This movie has served as great inspiration and enjoyment for American armed forces to take into the field of battle.”

Since the release of Deadly Prey, a relationship developed between Mike Danton (Ted Prior) and members of this Special Forces platoon.  In fact, largely due to the urging of the platoon (quite possibly, the movie’s most enthusiastic fan base); David A. Prior (writer and director), Ted Prior (as Mike Danton), David Campbell (as Hogan) and Fritz Matthews (as Thorton), reunited to produce the movie’s sequel, Deadliest Prey, which was just released in November, 2013.

Deadliest Prey begins 28 years after Deadly Prey as Colonel Hogan gets released from prison.  He has one thought in mind, to finish what he started. He immediately kidnaps Mike Danton and the deadly chase is on—this time streamed live via the Internet.

When notified that the sequel was about to be released, the Special Forces platoon wrote “We are all excited to see the follow up to Deadly Prey and the desire of the original characters to partake in a movie over 25 years later shows their dedication to their craft. We could have used a sequel to Deadly Prey years ago, but the excitement and anxiousness of the sequel are almost too much to take.”

Ted is not the only member of the family to have a relationship with our military.  The movie’s writer and director, David A. Prior has been an active volunteer at the American Legion for the past 15 years.  You can find him most Saturdays at the Theodore, Alabama American Legion Post.

In honor of our servicemen and women who serve our country, $1 from each Deadliest Prey DVD purchase will be donated to the Wounded Warriors Project which provides programs and services to severely injured service members to help with their transition back to civilian life.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:00:21 AM by major jay » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 07:04:40 AM »

Wow, who'd a thunk DEADLY PREY is watched to motivate Special Forces members? Buggedout
http://bharatpress.com/2013/11/20/special-forces-sound-off-on-deadliest-prey/

Hollywood, CA – For years, a certain Special Forces platoon, has watched the 1987 action film Deadly Prey to get pumped up prior to deploying on missions throughout the Middle East and Afghanistan.

This Deadly Prey viewing tradition has been handed down from platoon member to platoon member over the years, or as they place it:  “Never before or since has an action movie roofed the sheer tenacity of a war fighter keen to do whatever it takes to right the incorrect that has been done to him. This movie has served as fantastic inspiration and enjoyment for American armed forces to take into the field of battle.”

Since the relief of Deadly Prey, a relationship urban between Mike Danton (Ted Prior) and members of this Special Forces platoon.  In fact, fundamentally due to the urging of the platoon (practically possibly, the movie’s most enthusiastic fan base); David A. Prior (writer and director), Ted Prior (as Mike Danton), David Campbell (as Hogan) and Fritz Matthews (as Thorton), reunited to produce the movie’s sequel, Deadliest Prey, which was just unrestricted in November, 2013.

Deadliest Prey starts 28 years after Deadly Prey as Colonel Hogan gets unrestricted from prison.  He has one thought in mind, to end what he started. He immediately kidnaps Mike Danton and the deadly chase is on—this time streamed live via the Internet.

When told that the sequel was about to be unrestricted, the Special Forces platoon wrote “We are all excited to see the follow up to Deadly Prey and the desire of the original characters to consume in a movie over 25 years later shows their dedication to their craft. We could have used a sequel to Deadly Prey years ago, but the excitement and anxiousness of the sequel are nearly too much to take.”

Ted is not the only member of the family to have a relationship with our military.  The movie’s writer and director, David A. Prior has been an active volunteer at the American Legion for the past 15 years.  You can find him most Saturdays at the Theodore, Alabama American Legion Post.

In honor of our servicemen and women who supply our country, $ 1 from each Deadliest Prey DVD buy will be donated to the Wounded Warriors Project which provides programs and services to severely injured service members to help with their transition back to civilian life.

I'm left wondering what 'unrestricted' means.  Question Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
major jay

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 07:13:52 AM »

I'm left wondering what 'unrestricted' means.  Question Wink

Yeah me too. I changed the link. Now it makes more sense. 

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 07:19:09 AM »

I'm left wondering what 'unrestricted' means.  Question Wink

Yeah me too. I changed the link. Now it makes more sense.  

I UNRESTRICTED understand UNRESTRICTED completely UNRESTRICTED now.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 06:23:06 PM »

Got this the other day and have to say it's pretty damn entertaining. It's pretty much a redo of the first, but David Campbell and Ted Prior are a blast to watch go at it. Kinda like watching a couple of cartoon characters. there's some great one liners and a great, hilarious ending. Thumbup
Hey JayJay, give us a review if you end up getting this.

You know, I had kind of forgotten about this (for shame!) and I just realized that I never received my copy.  I pre-ordered it and paid for it, but I just don't seem to have gotten it.  I'll get it figured out then I'll DEFINITELY be doing a review!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Proof « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.