Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:06:21 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "A Christmas Story 2" Trailer (yes, really!) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "A Christmas Story 2" Trailer (yes, really!)  (Read 4983 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 05, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »

THIS looks like it's gonna be a bad movie.

From the "Who the Hell asked for THIS?" file...

Here it is folks, just in time for the holidays... a 30 years too late, direct-to-video sequel to the holiday classic that didn't really need a sequel!!

Small | Large

Um.. wow, this looks godawful. Poor Daniel Stern. I hope he fires his agent soon.

The late Bob Clark (director of the original), Darren McGavin (the original "Old Man") and Jean Shepherd (author of the original story) are probably all doing 50,000 RPM's in their graves right now.

Ignore. Delete. Destroy.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
voltron

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:33 PM »

This is just sad. I'm leery of just watching the trailer....

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:42 PM »

Since it's an ad for the direct-to-DVD release, I guess the powers that be were no more impressed than we are.  I did look at the trailer.  This is my reaction: 
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 11:42:23 AM »

Since it's an ad for the direct-to-DVD release, I guess the powers that be were no more impressed than we are.  I did look at the trailer.  This is my reaction:  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anTMH-0hjGs

That was funny.  Anything to make a buck.  Most story writers have no moral scense anymore.

Here are my expressions:   Question Buggedout Bluesad Thumbdown Hatred

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »

This looks dreadful.  But I MUST see it . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »

There actually was a sequel already: 1994's MY SUMMER STORY aka IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY.

It starred Charles Grodin as The Old Man, Mary Steenburgen as the Mother, and two of the innumerable Culkin spawn as Ralphie and Randy.

Bob Clark directed and Jean Shepherd wrote the script and narrated.

As hard as it my be for you youngsters to believe, there was a period during the '90s where there was a law stating every movie had to contain at least one Culkin. Many films had two or more.

Small | Large

I haven't seen it but it's supposed to be pretty bad. I'm guessing there was just way too much Culkin for anybody's good.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:22:32 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »

I guess I'm the only person alive who hates A Christmas Story.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 09:41:33 PM »

Oh no... no, you're not.

- TGWD

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 10:58:44 PM »

You don't hate it, you're just sick of it.  It's easy to be sick of that thing.  I happen to really like it, though, along with the masses. 

There actually was a sequel already: 1994's MY SUMMER STORY aka IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY.
It starred Charles Grodin as The Old Man, Mary Steenburgen as the Mother, and two of the innumerable Culkin spawn as Ralphie and Randy.
As hard as it my be for you youngsters to believe, there was a period during the '90s where there was a law stating every movie had to contain at least one Culkin. Many films had two or more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKgEConbIqU
I haven't seen it but it's supposed to be pretty bad. I'm guessing there was just way too much Culkin for anybody's good.
Or maybe too much GRODIN...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 08:25:21 AM »

Um.. wow, this looks godawful. Poor Daniel Stern. I hope he fires his agent soon.

I'm pretty sure Daniel Stern hasn't had an agent for about 17 years...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKgEConbIqU

Depends on which Culkin.  Kieran's fairly talented.

There was also THE GREAT AMERICAN FOURTH OF JULY & OTHER DISASTERS  featuring Matt Dillon as Ralphie.  I remember liking it as a kid but never bothered to revisit it.

Small | Large

That trailer does look pretty awful.  Poor Daniel Stern. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »

You don't hate it, you're just sick of it.  It's easy to be sick of that thing.  I happen to really like it, though, along with the masses.  

Yes, yes I hate it. When I was in gradeschool every year, at least the ones I can still remember, I was forced into watching bits and pieces of it during multiple classes. Like sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I hate Ralphie, he's an unlikeable douche.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »

Thank goodness I never gave a rat's ass about the original. I don't hate it, I just don't care about it. The upcoming Thin Man remake, on the other hand...

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 01:19:09 PM »

I frowned the entire way through this awful trailer!  I almost couldn't make it through.  It's A Christmas Story reimagined as a low budget Hallmark movie.  I'm sure 80-year-olds will cherish it for its sense of values over solid filmmaking.  Lookingup

I like the original.  Maybe I've seen it a few too many times, what with TNT showing it for 24 hours on Christmas day, but I still genuinely enjoy the original.  It wasn't dirty, subversive, or over the top, but it sure as hell wasn't this bulls**t.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

Frankly I like the origional quite a lot, not least because the pre-adolescent me looked too much like Ralphie.  I watch it ONCE every year.
 But I will mainline snake venom before watching this thing.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "A Christmas Story 2" Trailer (yes, really!) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.