Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:13 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Searching For Name Of This Fantasy Creature Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Searching For Name Of This Fantasy Creature Movie  (Read 3372 times)
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 13, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »

this is a really difficult one, partly because i was about 5yrs old when i watched this movie,at an Italian club, back in the late 60's, early 70's, and can remember hardly anything about it. i know it was in color, probably made in the 50's or 60's. it may have been an Italian movie, or may have been dubbed into Italian. all i can remember is there were these Charlton Heston type Roman or Greek mythical gladiator type people, moving around on these steep cliffs and mountains, directly above the sea, there were caves, and there was climbing, going from a to b, and everyone was battling these large winged flying creatures, that would attack them on the cliffs. there were all different types of these creatures that appeared, one after the other, after various intervals. there may have been fantasy like sci-fi weapons involved in these battles, like lasers and lightning bolts etc. these creatures may have been sent by an evil person, or may have been a morph incarnation of this person, i cant really remember. it was like a good vs evil mythological movie. i can remember that the flight and attack animation, was pretty dody, a bit like plastic models, that were being suspended and animated in a very jerky fashion. i would be very surprised if anyone could name this movie, as have been searching for this for over 30yrs
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »

Wrong board... But but I'll chime in it feels sort of argonaut-y

Small | Large

Or maybe some peplum kncokff.  A Hercules film mayhaps. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »

apologies, should i repost in another section?
i think peplum, yes. sword & sandle, first time i have heard this name. definetly had a coastal theme, filmed entirely on cliffs overlooking the ocean, no roman arenas or land battles, but there are so many of these titles. will require some hard work to find this. anyone know whether there are any movie packs available of these movies?
Pacman000
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »

Awhile back Millcreek made a multipack called "Clash of the Olympians."

I don't have it, so I don't know if it contains your film, but it would be a place to start.

It does sound interesting; if you find it could you let us know the title?
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »

sure will, will also ask my relatives in Italy whether they know of anything simular over there, although we are pretty clueless amateur movie buffs. am pretty sure that there will be some American movie buffs out there, with a much better knowledge of these movies (see sword & sandle - wikipedia). we are battling a bit with our items dissapearing in the post, right now. can remember that one of these creatures may have been a kind of lion, morph with wings. am keen on finding this movie although am not sure at this stage whether it was dubbed into English or Italian.thank you
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »

Maybe one of the Italian 1960s Goliath films.

In GOLIATH AND THE DRAGON (1960, Italian peplum) Goliath battles giant bats (these might be the winged creatures), Cerebus, and a centaur. In GOLIATH AND THE GIANTS he fights cave men that are kind of like monsters.

The lasers bit reminds me of the Italian HERCULES film from the early 80s which features lots of monsters and many, many ridiculous lasers.
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:07:15 AM »

thank you.it was very coastal, there may have been an Atlantis subplot.
does anyone have the movie : Hercules and the Conquest of Atlantis (1961) ,
the cliffs on the screenshots look very familiar, but cant seem to find any of flying creatures, in this movie. unfortunately am stuck with limited data, and no youtube access, at this stage, so no videos to watch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Searching For Name Of This Fantasy Creature Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.