Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:06:48 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Is there ANYONE out there that can put my mind to rest on this movie title « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Is there ANYONE out there that can put my mind to rest on this movie title  (Read 16251 times)
DarkenedAuras
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 13, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »

Ok I have been searching for years for this movie, I've asked Yahoo Answers as well as Ask a Horror Movie Question sites and not one person has been able to help me find this and it's really driving me nuts  Bluesad

I'm gonna try to give all the details I can possibly remember as well as what has been suggested on the other sites that I KNOW are wrong.

I rented this movie when it was still in the New Release section of the video store.  In June or July of 2009 (I believe, it may have been 2008 but I don't think so.)

It mostly took place in the woods (late Autumn I assume as I recall dead leaves blanketed the ground.)

I believe the cast consisted of: The main guy, his girlfriend, one of his "buddies", his buddies girlfriend and a lesbian who also liked his buddies girlfriend.

They were on a roadtrip to a "cool" camp spot and either ran out of gas or popped a tire and just decided to go into the woods and setup camp there.

One by one they are killed and at the end cops find the main boy and the scene blacks out...
It comes back in a mental hospital where a nurse is telling the policeman that the boy suffered from multiple personalities and was off his meds.  The cop shares the news that the main boys clothes & blood were the only things found out there (no other bodies, no one else's blood, nothing...the wounds on the boy were self inflicted.)  The nurse tells that he was "killing off his alter egos" as we get a flashback.

The flashback as we see it in the beginning: They're driving and the main boys girlfriend says something, he looks over at her, says something, then laughing, turns back to watch the road.

The flashback as a flashback at the end: They're driving and the main BOY says says something (as his girlfriend), he looks over and laughs (this time it shows no one in the car but him.)

I'd say it obscure (I don't think there were any big name actors or actresses in it.)

I think the main boy had short dirty blonde hair and a somewhat strange short name (it may have been a foreign movie though I watched it in English)

I'm pretty sure the title is either 1 or 2 words and plays on the plot...I remember when I rented it I was thinking "what's up with this name?" then when it was over I was like "OMG that's why it's called ______"

Movies that have been suggested that I KNOW it is not: 

Perfect Getaway
Identity
Shrooms  Question(have no clue why someone thought it maybe this ???)
High Tension (I love this movie and gotta say the plot comes close but it is not right)
Wrong Turn (again I don't know why this has been suggested but I can safely say it's not Wrong Turn (or any of it's sequels)

if there's any guesses or questions please reply, I'm desperate to find this again.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »

Some of  it sounds like Room 33 only it's a young girl with seeming multiple personalities...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
DarkenedAuras
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 04:05:16 AM »

I checked out the youtube trailer for Room 33 (that's not it.  I know for a fact the main person with the alter egos was a boy who look to be in his late teens or early 20's)

but thanks a lot for the suggestion, I've never seen Room 33 and it looks awesome :D
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 06:17:53 AM »

This movie sounds familiar, and I am pretty sure I have seen it, but I can't recall the title.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
DarkenedAuras
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 06:59:50 AM »

Well please let me know if you ever come across it again, I've looked through thousands of Amazon titles and everything I can think of...to no avail. 
DarkenedAuras
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 11:54:28 PM »

I think I'm starting to recall what the box of the DVD looked like...

it either greenish brown leaves everywhere with the title in blotchy "blood" red letters

or

it had legs of a man on a roads with woods on each each side...
Bacon
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »

One movie comes to mind is Shelter
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »

Going out on a limb with this WAG, because it does not really fit, but...

BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2

has some elements as you describe.  Some, anyway, and since you are not getting many other hits, thought I'd throw it out there.

The time frame is off.  But, if the only think pinning down the time is that it was in New Releases, it could be older.  Our local Blockbuster, for example, often keeps older movies in New Releases or brings them back to those shelves.

In any case, it's is what popped into my mind as I first read your description a few days ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »

Into the Woods (Video 2006)
DarkenedAuras
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »

I don't believe it is that either I'm still looking and drives me a little more crazy each day  Question
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »

Small | Large

Kolobos. Shot in the dark, but it fits your plot description almost exactly save for a woman in the lead instead of a man. And they are on their way to a house for a reality show rather than a camping trip.
DarkenedAuras
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »

sorry it's not Kolobos either but I would like to send a massive thanks to you as I used to have Kolobos on VHS (I think) and lost it in a move, also forgot the name of that one XD.

gonna go find this on Amazon before I forget again  Thumbup
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »

The plot did remind me of Identity (2003), and the review for the movie Skyggen makes reference to the movie being kind of a mix of The Hitcher and Identity, but I have not seen Skyggen, just giving it as a potential suggestion for your mystery film: Skyggen

316zombie
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »

totally wild guess here,because i haven't seen it in several years,but maybe campfire tales?
DarkenedAuras
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 12:40:07 AM »

Love the Campfire Tales (both versions) but sadly that's not it either :(
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Is there ANYONE out there that can put my mind to rest on this movie title « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.