Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:51:09 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Skeleton from the Waist Down « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skeleton from the Waist Down  (Read 2956 times)
substituteflesh
New Visitor

« on: September 14, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »

STRANGE that this would pop into my head after all these years. . . and now this mysterious movie is turning into something of an itch I cannot scratch. Hoping someone here would be of help w/ identifying it.
There was a horror film (in the vein of teen slasher films) I watched in the early 90s as a kid--  all I can remember is a man (maybe a teenage boy) falling victim to something supernatural, the lower half of his body, his legs, are eaten clean to the bones. He is then seen dragging himself on the ground, somehow still alive and trying to escape.
As of the rest of the movie. . .  I recall very little of it, mainly that the lead might be a girl, and another male victim was cut in half, right at the waist . . . I remember teenagers being killed off by something supernatural, although it's possible that I'm getting this confused w/ another film called the Outing.
Care to give it a go?
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »

THE OUTING might be my best guess.  I remember some graphic dismemberments in THE RELIC too but that's not really supernatural-related.
Check IMDB.com and change the search criteria to "keywords", and type in maybe "dismemberment" or "cut in half" and "supernatural" and wade through the films shown.
Good luck!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 08:01:51 AM »

This also happens in "Dead Alive" (1992) but I doubt it is your film, as the creatures that eat away his leg tissue are zombies and not something like ghosts.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:06:07 AM »

I remember Death Bed having a couple of scenes similar to that description. The bed was supernatural, and did eat by a sort of corrosive process that stripped flesh off first. There was a woman who got partially eaten from the waist down, and tried to escape by dragging herself away. Her legs weren't eaten to the bone though. However, another character did have his hands eaten to the bone, leaving him with skeleton hands. Maybe you mixed the two.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
substituteflesh
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »

Amazing. Did not expect to receive responses so quickly.

Thanks for the leads, guys-- Death Bed is a strong candidate, and I'm watching it now online as I write this. Hoping this will be it. The couple being chewed up alive only 10 mins in the film does seem to jog my memory a bit.

I can def rule out Dead Alive tho-- the movie's still very clear in my mind . . .  and it's far too good of a film.

I'll check out the rest of the titles when I get the chance, and I'll be back to report.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Skeleton from the Waist Down « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.