Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:02:32 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  good movies that other people like but you don't. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: good movies that other people like but you don't.  (Read 19400 times)
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »

Haha that would fill a book.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 05:58:53 AM »

Lots...but I'll stick with the horror/sci-fi genre-
.the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW-my loathing for this  so called "cult" film is boundless.
.I dont get the attraction for garbage like SAW,HOSTEL,or such drek.
.LORD OF THE RINGS series.
.STAR WARS series.
.INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE.
.the DAY OF THE DEAD remake-or most of the new zombie films in general.
.I AM LEGEND with Will Smith.
.the SPIDERMAN series...and the HULK series...and the BATMAN series-in fact-most superheros movies-with the exception of the IRON MAN films...I think I might like the new AVENGERS movie.DAREDEVIL,the SPIRIT (which is one of my favorite comic strips),GREEN LANTERN-ugh! All awful junk! The WATCHMEN was ok...
.HARRY POTTER movies-Egad!
.AVATAR was damn lame.
.Beyond ED WOOD and PEE WEE'S BIG ADVENTURE-not a big Tim Burton fan.
.WOLF-ya know-the lame Jack Nicholson wolfman movie....stupid !
. That Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. made me wanna shoot my TV.
. the MATRIX series.
.Most Jess Franco movies are incomprehensible.
.All the sequels to NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET,FRIDAY THE 13th (in fact-I didn't think the first FRIDAY the 13 movie was so great!) the HALLOWEEN sequels (except for #3),the SCREAM series-all the JEEPERS CREEPERS movies,all the WISHMASTER series,most anything that stars with "Wes Craven Presents-",the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE sequels  and remakes (except part 2 is silly fun).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 01:11:33 PM »

Here's another question; How about films you recognize as good or great, or you can see why they have a following, but they just don't personally appeal to you? They just leave you cold?
I honestly find Buster Keaton's "The General" difficult to sit through (and I LOVE Sherlock Jr and others, mind you).

Great example of that....my wife and sister-in-law love THE UNTOUCHABLES, DANCES WITH WOLVES, and LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, and I agree, they're great movies, but for me, they fall into the "I've seen it, let's move on" category. I might watch them every few years or so, if they happen to come on, but they own DVDs of them, so about every three months or so, HERE THEY COME.

For better or worse,my darling. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »

Thought Breakfast At Tiffany's was awful.
Many 80s kids thought Weird Science was great.  I really, really hated it.

Same here; I usually like Audrey Hepburn but didn't like BaT at all, owing I think to both the leads being so unsympathetic (and that bit with Mickey Rooney, I don't know what they were thinking!)  Never understood the love for Weird Science either, that movie's just mean-spirited and not funny at all.

I really hated TREE OF LIFE; I know it's popular here but for me it was pandering, superficial mess and I actually felt a little insulted by it.
AMERICAN BEAUTY - same reaction.
CABIN IN THE WOODS - I liked the premise but two hours of Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard going "LOOK HOW CLEVER WE ARE" - no thanks.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 01:42:42 PM »

Just about anything Coen Brothers did.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
tracy

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »

Thank you!

ChaosTheory

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »

Thank you!

(ok, the Coens are an acquired taste.)

Everything Fincher has done post-ZODIAC has been a pretty crushing disappointment to me.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:43:25 AM by ChaosTheory » Logged

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »

The Producers
anything Woody Allen
Burn After Reading

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
tracy

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »

Thank you!

(ok, the Coens are an acquired taste.)

Everything Fincher has done post-ZODIAC has been a pretty crushing disappointment to me.

Hey,sweetie....to each his/her own.  Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »

anything Woody Allen

I'm with Bob here-I detest Woody Allen films and avoid them like I would...uh...Woody Allen films.
He's whiney,annoying little f**k.
So am I...but I dont make movies.

Also...
.GONE WITH THE WIND-Pretty-And pretty dam boring.
.CITIZEN KANE-Yaaawn-I dont see the "innovative" in this film. Boring.
.The GODFATHER-Way too talky-kill somebody,already-this is a gangster movie! Wheres Robinson,Cagney and Bogart when ya need 'em?
.TITANIC-AHHHH!
.GREASE-Double AHHHH!AHHHH!
.Pixar films. Disney films.The new 3-D films give me a f**king headache.Romantic comedies. Ben Stiller. "Slacker" movies-Silent Bob and his shmuck buddy,movies based on old TV shows,movies revolving around guys "partying",anything with that guy from SNL who used to sit next to the copy machine-wtf is his name-Adam Sandlers buddy-OH! Adam Sandler films-and-DAM!-the Douche Bigelow guy...ah-whatever-I don't like him.
.Most anything with Slyvester Stallone-I hated ROCKY and the Rambo films. The only films he was good in-the LORDS of FLATBUSH and DEATHRACE 2000.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »

Never understood the love for Weird Science either, that movie's just mean-spirited and not funny at all.

One movie I really thought was mean-spirited and unfunny was Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  The guy's just a despicable, manipulative piece of crap.  Maybe it's because I had a car in high school and met quite a few little beggars like him.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »

Forgot about it, but since it was mentioned: Fincher's Zodiac. One of the very few serial killer movies that don't appeal to me.
I want my serial killer movies to be scary, or at least creepy. Zodiac was none of that to me.
It is a well made drama, I'll give it that. However, Fincher should have called it Graysmith or something.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »

Night of the Hunter
A Christmas Story
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Descendants
Arsenic and Old Lace

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 05:33:01 PM »

THE EXORCIST - every time I try and try and watch this I get so bored I end up switching off. THE OMEN knocks it out the park in every respect.

ERASERHEAD and BLUE VELVET - I love some of D. Lynch's movies, don't get the appeal of these 2 though.

SCARFACE - it may be iconic in some respects but I find it tedious and amateurish

ALIEN/S - these are considered epics, but the concept just doesn't intrigue/scare me, they're too emotional and draining. don't really buy sigourney weaver's character either. this'll make me sound like a dimwit but give me SPECIES over ALIEN anyday!

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION - again, slow. drama. draining. emotional. can't watch.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
SC-RM
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »

I'm not really the biggest fan of any of the rocky films. Don't get me wrong the first has a solid enough of a story but it stretches that story into really implausable sequals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  good movies that other people like but you don't. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.