Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:58:55 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Scared lady, alone in clifftop house on a stormy night. Phone call from dead son « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scared lady, alone in clifftop house on a stormy night. Phone call from dead son  (Read 4307 times)
benny69
New Visitor

« on: September 25, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »

Only very sketchy memories of this one. I think I saw it as part of a TV double bill on BBC back in the early 80s.

I think during the film, the lady's son had been killed and she runs away to a house on a cliff overlooking the sea. Its a dark and stormy night, the phone rings and the voice at the other end repeats everything she says.

She asks "why are you repeating everything I say?" and the voice replies "..repeating everything I say..."

I think the dead child appears at the window shortly later (similar to Salems Lot), but I might just have muddled my movies.

This may have been one of a number of short stories within the film but can't really remember.

"Repeating everything I say" has haunted me for 30 odd years. So any ideas what the movies was would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Benny.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »

While what you describe is not an exact match, this is very much like the original Twlight Zone episode "Night Call" only I don't remember the phrase "repeating everything I say" though she does have stilted conversations with the entity on the other end of the line.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
benny69
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for having a go, but I'm sure its not that. This was a youngish woman (possibly blond I think). The phone call was just a single short (though memorable to me at least) excerpt in the story and not the main theme. The rest of the film I don't remember (which probably tells us something!)

As I say I'm thinking that this may have been an anthology of short stories from late 70s/early 80s but I can't find one to match. US not British.
benny69
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:44:54 PM »

Actually talking it through has helped inspire me to look further.

Has anyone got the 1977 TV movie Dead of Night? If so can they check if the story Bobby has the telephone call in it?

If it is the right movie then thanks Andrew for mentioning Night Call as there is a link to this film in that Richard Mathewson was script writer.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »

Actually talking it through has helped inspire me to look further.

Has anyone got the 1977 TV movie Dead of Night? If so can they check if the story Bobby has the telephone call in it?

If it is the right movie then thanks Andrew for mentioning Night Call as there is a link to this film in that Richard Mathewson was script writer.

I think that you found your film.  Here is a part of it on YouTube (check about 5 minutes in):

Small | Large

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
benny69
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 03:11:36 AM »

Thanks Andrew,

You can put that down as solved.  Smile

Now I've seen the IMDB review, I also remember the titles of the other 2 stories but wouldn't have linked them together as the same film. Will definitley give this film another watch.

p.s I meant Richard Matheson of course - trouble with "auto-corrupt" spell checker feature...

MovieKing1
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »

The name of the movie is "When Michael Calls" It was an ABC movie of the week that aired on February 5th 1972.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Scared lady, alone in clifftop house on a stormy night. Phone call from dead son « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.