Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:41:34 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creepiest Serial Killer Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Creepiest Serial Killer Movie  (Read 17325 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »

HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER is a great film, and creepy. 

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
is just loathsome. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
jimpickens
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 02:17:09 AM »

I enjoyed "Rampage". Shocked that it was a Uwe Boll film. The whole scene in the hairdresser shop just makes me ill and depressed when it crosses my mind.

And, RC, my friend! "Last House On A Dead End Street"?!?! That thing is...disturbing. Like being so stoned that nothing makes sense as a whole and the individual moments of lucidity are frightening. I think it is about time to revisit that as I have avoided it since the first time I saw it over 25 years ago. I'll blame my nightmares on you, kind sir, for reminding me of it.   BounceGiggle
   My bad I was talking about the William Friedkin serial killer movie not the Uwe Boll movie.
Javakoala
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
is just loathsome. 

I understand your opinion on this film. And, in the great scheme of things, why make a film such as this?

Still, if someone is going to make a bit of vile transgressive cinema, they could do worse than this. And in another thread (my memory fails), I compared and contrasted this and its recent remake. They both present very clear mentalities, although I can't help but wonder how much of that was pure accident or if it was planned.

Because I can see an underlying theme or idea behind the vile acts I see in the film, I mentally accept the two versions of this film as a very dark area of cinema.

Having said that, I've told my fiancee that I will never suggest she watch either version. If she WANTS to see either, I will ask that she watch both and that we talk about them and the themes and ideas behind them. In fact, these are not films I would ever suggest to anyone as they are not films that entertain or even likeable. They are, at best, social commentaries on gender mentality.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
is just loathsome. 

I understand your opinion on this film. And, in the great scheme of things, why make a film such as this?

Still, if someone is going to make a bit of vile transgressive cinema, they could do worse than this. And in another thread (my memory fails), I compared and contrasted this and its recent remake. They both present very clear mentalities, although I can't help but wonder how much of that was pure accident or if it was planned.

Because I can see an underlying theme or idea behind the vile acts I see in the film, I mentally accept the two versions of this film as a very dark area of cinema.

Having said that, I've told my fiancee that I will never suggest she watch either version. If she WANTS to see either, I will ask that she watch both and that we talk about them and the themes and ideas behind them. In fact, these are not films I would ever suggest to anyone as they are not films that entertain or even likeable. They are, at best, social commentaries on gender mentality.

I agree. Haven't seen the remake...but I have rewatched the original ONCE-and still felt the same way. It was in NO WAY entertaing in any form for any reason. It's sick,hateful and sadistic.  Why was it made?
Not sure-but I can guess.

There is a segment of "respectable" society who want more than just 'horror" films-they wanna see the dark side-want to enter it-without getting hurt.
Bulls**t Satan cults,black Metal kids who think death is cool...because being a "rebel" is cool-what's more reblious than serial murder or Satan worship??
I know-because I was-and am to a extent-still alienated. I don't believe in Satan-I don't watch torture movies (as Hallows said-loathsome)-but I am not rebeling anymore-havent for years.

But kids are jaded-they need thrills.
Scary,isn't it?
And why do I get the impression that the originater of this thread is using aliases in the "What is this movie" thread and asking questions about killers with cameras?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »

I enjoyed "Rampage". Shocked that it was a Uwe Boll film. The whole scene in the hairdresser shop just makes me ill and depressed when it crosses my mind.

And, RC, my friend! "Last House On A Dead End Street"?!?! That thing is...disturbing. Like being so stoned that nothing makes sense as a whole and the individual moments of lucidity are frightening. I think it is about time to revisit that as I have avoided it since the first time I saw it over 25 years ago. I'll blame my nightmares on you, kind sir, for reminding me of it.   BounceGiggle
   My bad I was talking about the William Friedkin serial killer movie not the Uwe Boll movie.
I was wondering which one you were talking about, I like both films quite a bit but Friedkin is clearly the superior filmmaker.  I think it's a real shame that so many of Friedkin films don't have proper dvd/blu ray releases. Rampage was never even released on dvd and Sorcerer never got a proper wide screen dvd to the best of my knowledge. It's a real shame to have to watch such great films via crappy internet rips.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »

I also thought he was talking about the Uwe Bol movie RAMPAGE. that is basically a serial killer film too. well 'spree killer' to be specific

about I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE - just a poorly made film imo... the themes and subject matter doesn't really bother me. nothing wrong with wanting to make a sadistic/dark or even repellant film. it's the fact it was so badly handled/acted/scripted etc. (and not in a so-bad-it's-good way) that made it fail for me. the remake is hardly any better but is at least less annoying
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:03:31 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
voltron

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »

about I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE - just a poorly made film imo... the themes and subject matter doesn't really bother me. nothing wrong with wanting to make a sadistic/dark or even repellant film. it's the fact it was so badly handled/acted/scripted etc. (and not in a so-bad-it's-good way) that made it fail for me. the remake is hardly any better but is at least less annoying
I actually thought the original ISOYG was quite well done as far as an exploitative rape/revenge flick goes. But that's just me.   Smile

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

fair enough it's all opinions... out of interest how would you rate it compared to LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (original)? for me that's a way better example of that kind of theme. I found it more 'disturbing' and generally more entertaining/watchable...

I think the main thing that spoiled I SPIT... for me was the mentally retarded guy. he's the most excruciatingly annoying actor I've ever seen. the whole film seemed to collapse in on itself every time he spoke or was even on the screen. the main character is actually trying to put in a credible performance and he totally undermines it by just being so crap!!

*not because he's supposed to be mentally retarded of course, I'm talking about the actor.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:04:17 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
voltron

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 09:16:38 PM »

fair enough it's all opinions... out of interest how would you rate it compared to LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (original)? for me that's a way better example of that kind of theme. I found it more 'disturbing' and generally more entertaining/watchable...
I saw Last House On The Left when I was a kid. My dad rented it and shut it off about halfway through. I don't really remember too much about it, to be honest. Haven't gone out of my way to see it again. But I did see the remake not too long ago, which I thought was incredibly lame. So, I'm not really in any position to compare the two films at the moment.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2012, 02:50:14 AM »

Confessions of a Serial Killer is probably the one that springs to my mind first. It's the same Henry Lee Lucas story that Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer treads. Henry is undoubtedly the better movie, but Confessions really strips all the glamour away (and it is a bit sad that serial killers do have "glamour"), and focuses on a disturbing, homicidal nebbish.

There was a spate of direct-to-video serial killers in the late '90s, and Dahmer was probably the best of the bunch. It features an early performance by now superstar Jeremy Renner, and it did a pretty good job of eschewing the slasher ethic and focusing on the horrifying psychology of a serial killer. I actually remember the movie most for the powerhouse performance by would-be victim Artel Great. Doesn't seem he's done a whole lot since then.

I just watched a creepy little movie called Tony, which seemed like it would be a horror-comedy, but ended up being anything but. Not a great movie, but worth watching.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2012, 08:03:19 AM »

i switched the TV on to watch BUNDY:A LEGACY OF EVIL (2009) . TV signal dissapeared after 15mins, last screening of this movie..damn..this is a really creepy movie. Kane Hodder plays a very disturbed Ted Bundy..the opening scene is very terrifying. i would not have liked to be in that poor young girls shoes..Kane is without doubt my most respected movie SK this far..
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2012, 12:21:48 PM »

CHANGELING (2008) i found this to be a creepy movie. not something i would wish on any mum. "Based on real-life events, the film stars Angelina Jolie as a woman who is reunited with her missing son-only to realize he is an impostor." turns out the real son was abducted by an SK with a whole lot of other kids
ChaosTheory

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2012, 01:28:49 PM »

I actually thought the original ISOYG was quite well done as far as an exploitative rape/revenge flick goes. But that's just me.   Smile

No, I felt the same way.  It's extremely unpleasant but I thought it was a pretty effective revenge movie; at least it didn't make me feel insulted the way the original LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT did (haven't seen the remake of either, no desire to).

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »

The original Black Christmas is creepy and I have to agree that New York Ripper and the original Maniac is up there to.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Creepiest Serial Killer Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.