Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:51 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Most Disturbing Movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Most Disturbing Movie?  (Read 15424 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »

I'd have to say AUDITION (1999) is disturbing on many levels.  Horrific and also disgusting, frightening, saddening.  A very powerful film, but not for the weak-kneed or lily-livered. 

That being said, I personally found the original LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (1972) intensely disturbing, not more so than AUDITION, but in a kind of personal way.  It's exploitative and unforgiving... unforgivable.  There's few movies I truly despise, but that's one of them.  I recognize it is an important film.  I just hate it. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »

Cannibal Holocaust -- No contest!!

VERY bad acting, and some of the scenes are weak, but the fact that they use REAL footage of animal cruelty, the behaviour of the main characters, and the final death and rape scenes, as well as some scenes of sexual torture, just make this disturbing.

I actually felt dirty after watching it!!

I agree.  Films with actual violence, especially when the violence was actually committed specifically FOR the film, is more disturbing to me than anything fictional I'm likely to see.  I don't know how to rate Cannibal Holocaust for this reason.  I think parts of the film border on brilliant, other parts are amateurish, and other parts are abominable.  It's a film I'm not sure whether to give like an 8 or 9 to, or a 1, out of 10.

I've actually avoided seeing Men Behind the Sun because of the real nature of parts of the film. 
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 04:09:47 AM »

Uwe Boll's Darfur aka Attack On Darfur: Very disturbing, very brutal and will stay with you for days.  Bluesad

Jans Rautenbach's Jannie Totsiens [Johnny Farewell]: the most disturbing film I have ever seen in my life. Frightening, horrific, eerie and funny. Yes, funny. Disturbing indeed but with a generous helping of humor.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pacman000
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 11:03:31 AM »

Pokemon: the Movie 3  BounceGiggle

No seriously. I saw most of it on TV, found it confusing/weird. I bought it on video, hoping to that the movie would be more clear/less weird.  Nope.
AlienatorDonut
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »

Pink Flamingos (John Waters)
sleepy
New Visitor

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 01:41:13 AM »

Not on the level, because I've seen it more than once, but Tourist Trap disturbed the crap out of me.  The whole idea of the mannequins coming to life...  Ugh.

Lars Von Trier's Anti-Christ horrified and disturbed me on many levels.  The death of hope, the giving in to hate.  The beautiful and distorted shots of the wilderness, the acorns raining on the rooftops.  So much wrong.  I went with my girlfriend to see the movie, and got in a really dumb argument.  We were really angry, and sat apart from each other, and then the movie started.   We both had nightmares that night.

I saw the last half of Funny Games.  That was enough for me.

The OG version of the Vanishing does make for some queasy viewing as well.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 12:05:59 PM »

Lars Von Trier's Anti-Christ horrified and disturbed me on many levels.  The death of hope, the giving in to hate. 

Yep, that was one I was coming in to mention.  MELONCHOLIA is pretty disturbing too, though not as graphic.  Von Trier's stuff in general is just messed up.

Cronenberg's DEAD RINGERS.  Again, not overly graphic, just this long spiral of despair.

DEAR ZACHARY.  Just makes you miserable.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »

Happiness

Interesting pick and one which I agree with. That film is very disturbing on many levels.

I have to add the original Last House on the Left. The film I'm adding to the creepiest serial killer films list - Albert Fish: In Sin He Found Salvation (2007)...

And what is especially disturbing to me is how many critics gave a favorable review to this film, especially as there is so little character development. The characters being much the same at the end of the film, as they are at the beginning of the film (I wanted to slap the heck out of 'em at the beginning of the film, and I still wanted to slap the heck out of 'em at the end of the film) and as my drama professor in college said: "This makes for a bad film."

If you want a film on a similiar topic, then watch "L.I.E.," which stands for Long Island Expressway. Someways as disturbing as "Happiness," but, in other ways, a more realistic look at the topic.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »

LAND OF THE LOST
 Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout
How anyone could take a whimsical, innocent kid's show and use it for toilet paper is beyond me.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 06:47:59 AM »

I strongly second A Serbian Film. Maybe the most obvious choice as far as disturbing goes, but it desreves it. I mentioned this before, but the film was so incredibly well made (cinematography, soundtrack, etc.) that the really sick parts hit you ten times as hard. But in a weird way, it wasn't the really over the top disgusting stuff that got to me, it was the more subtle parts that unnerved me very deeply. For instance, the scene where Milos is in that little girl's granmothers house and she's offering her granddaughter to him. Something about the way she looks and delivers her lines......I mean s**t!  Buggedout
Edit: I forgot about the short film Cutting Moments. Pretty messed up.

I have been  wanting to see this film due to people talking about the other parts of the film that are not just about the gore and disturbing behaviour, But the gore and disturbing behaviour make me frightened to even glance at that film!

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 12:42:22 AM »

I have a feeling I may have gotten a Lucio Fulci movie confused with this one. from what i have read SALO - 120 DAYS OF SODOM(1975) Directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini was so bad that it is not a movie i will ever even bother watching.

"Pasolini was murdered by being run over several times with his own car, dying on 2 November 1975 on the beach at Ostia, near Rome. Pasolini was buried in Casarsa, in his beloved Friuli.Giuseppe Pelosi, a seventeen-year-old hustler, was arrested and confessed to murdering Pasolini. Thirty years later, on 7 May 2005, he retracted his confession, which he said was made under the threat of violence to his family. He claimed that three people "with a southern accent" had committed the murder, insulting Pasolini as a "dirty communist".
Other evidence uncovered in 2005 pointed to Pasolini's having been murdered by an extortionist. Testimony by Pasolini's friend Sergio Citti indicated that some of the rolls of film from Salò had been stolen, and that Pasolini had been going to meet with the thieves after a visit to Stockholm, November 2, 1975.Despite the Roman police's reopening of the murder case following Pelosi's statement of May 2005, the judges charged with investigating it determined the new elements insufficient for them to continue the inquiry."
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »

TOUCH OF DEATH(1988) - Lucio Fulci . sick movie. i mean really sick
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 08:00:38 PM »

Eraserhead.  Nothing overly specific...I just sit there for five minutes after I watch it.
Requiem For A Dream- It's so close to true about addicts...delving into robbery, prostituting yourself, getting infected in your arm and choosing to still shoot up said arm until it's amputated, then wanting to go back and attempt it again. Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
mostolto
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »

just watched the Extended Version of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (2009). i thought this movie was bad when i watched the cut edition on TV, but honestly almost got sick watching this movie today..so much worse..the young girl..about 20y..and the 4 gang..more like 3..and the young boy..disgusting movie..but also a masterpiece..
feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 02:51:30 PM »

No morbid curiosity, no, I want to sleep tonight....but sleep is overrated.

Aftermath (1994) Its been a while since I've seen this, but from what I can remember its about a mortician that (ugh) does the unspeakable to a female corpse. Good luck stomaching this one, Your mileage may vary.

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Most Disturbing Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.