Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:16:02 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And so I'm Back... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: And so I'm Back...  (Read 2922 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:05 AM »

Okay, I recovered fully from the shock of another finding out about Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer's next film, so I have returned to this site.  How have you all been?  I'm been doing quite well, despite being down in the dumps for two weeks.  I've seen plenty of movies over the summer (Favorite is the 3-way tie between Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, and ParaNorman) so I haven't been skipping out on my regular movie viewing.  I've been reading more comics as well, now diving into Ed Brubaker's Captain America and Gotham Central run.

Not much else to say, but I'm back.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »

Welcome back.  We had a movie night recently and the kids all enjoyed seeing "The Avengers" again.  It's a fun film.  I still haven't seen the most recent Batman yet, but am looking forward to the DVD.

Down in the dumps because of?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »

Ed Brubaker's Cap stuff is the best comic reading I have ever done.  Good choice.   Ijust caughtthe Avengers (finally) at the second run movie pub, good show.  Try and find the Ultimate Marvel "The Ultimates Volume I and II" for a very similar (if less nice) universe.  Then get Volume III and throw it as far as you can and never ever read it. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:22:57 AM »

Welcome back, IG  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »

Death.  My mind has been thinking a lot about death recently.  All these shootings and a very real like dream recently really has thrown me off for a while.

Ed Brubaker's Cap stuff is the best comic reading I have ever done.  Good choice.   Ijust caughtthe Avengers (finally) at the second run movie pub, good show.  Try and find the Ultimate Marvel "The Ultimates Volume I and II" for a very similar (if less nice) universe.  Then get Volume III and throw it as far as you can and never ever read it. 
-Ed

I have been trying to find The Ultimates, mostly because I loved what Millar did with Ultimate X-Men, but I never find all the volumes in my local library.  Very disappointing.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 07:23:30 PM »

Death.  My mind has been thinking a lot about death recently.  All these shootings and a very real like dream recently really has thrown me off for a while.

That is a difficult thing to ponder.  By shootings, do you mean the ones on the news?  With over 300 million Americans and over 7 billion humans total, I have to assume it is common if you take us as a whole.  However, the newscasters know that death, especially when it involves extreme violence or casualties, gets people's attention.  By the same mark, countless good deeds go unnoticed and unreported.

Heard recently that a Gunnery Sergeant I recently served with passed away, apparently a motorcycle accident.  Then last week one of Katie's classmates (we went to the same school - she was a grade behind me) passed away.  None of these people were really close friends of ours, but still I wish they hadn't had to pass.

I do understand at least a little of what you mean by feeling down in the dumps.  Life is hard and sometimes sad.   Family, friends, and even just friendly strangers help me when I run into the sad parts.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And so I'm Back... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.