Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:43:03 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The films most deserving of a DVD/Blu-Ray/Streaming release! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The films most deserving of a DVD/Blu-Ray/Streaming release!  (Read 8726 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 07, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »

We've had this thread before, but it's been awhile.  Some in the past couple of years have finally made it - like Monster Squad and Night of the Creeps.

But, I just checked and found out Cast a Deadly Spell STILL has yet to get a better release than it's LaserDisc release back in 1991!  That's the biggest one without a DVD/Blu-Ray or high quality stream available I can think of off the top of my head.  Another biggie for me is Radioactive Dreams, which Albert Pyun claims is coming (along with a Blu-Ray of his Captain America). 

What's your favorite no-DVD/Bluray available film? 
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »

Friedkin's Rampage, and a proper version of Sorcerer
Michael Mann's The Keep

will add more if I think of them
voltron

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 01:04:58 AM »

Hospital Massacre (aka X-Ray)

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 04:49:46 AM »

Hospital Massacre (aka X-Ray)
haha, exactly what I came in to post

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:33:24 AM »

The original WILLARD and BEN.

I'd also liked to see a boxed set of the DOBERMAN movies from the 1970s.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:48:45 AM »

I was very surprised to find that Fantastic Voyage and the 1953 War of the Worlds are not yet available on Blu-Ray. Mind you, the added resolution might make wires more visible in both of them, and the original films might need restoration after all this time. Still, they both deserve it. I would love to see Fantastic Voyage projected in high definition.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »

I was very surprised to find that Fantastic Voyage and the 1953 War of the Worlds are not yet available on Blu-Ray. Mind you, the added resolution might make wires more visible in both of them, and the original films might need restoration after all this time. Still, they both deserve it. I would love to see Fantastic Voyage projected in high definition.

I have both of these on DVD.  I don't think I'd upgrade to Blu-Ray for awhile unless they were priced under $10.  I recently picked up a nice Blu-Ray copy of that timeless cheese-fest DEATH WISH II for $7.99.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jim H

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »

War of the Worlds has ridiculously visible wires in my DVD.  I gather that, as it was originally projected, the three-strip technicolor would render them invisible.  Seems like they should do something about that if they make a blu-ray!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

War of the Worlds has ridiculously visible wires in my DVD.  I gather that, as it was originally projected, the three-strip technicolor would render them invisible.  Seems like they should do something about that if they make a blu-ray!

I've got it on DVD, and I know what you mean. The ship models looked great, but they were also large and heavy, requiring more conspicuous wires which would look like hell in high definition if not touched up. I'm guessing the extra effort required has a lot to do with it not being on Blu-Ray yet. Fantastic Voyage might well have a similar problem. Neither is a movie you'd want to release on Blu-Ray looking anything less than spectacular.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »

KWAIDAN needs a Blu-ray, Criterion has been rumored to be issuing one for years but nothing ever happens.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »

I rather liked the Ernest Borgnine flick VENGEANCE IS MINE (1974).  No DVD release of any sort, just a crappy VHS with artwork that has nothing to do with the film (dontcha hate that?).

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 07:45:07 AM »

I'd love to see The Keep on Blu ray.  Very artistic movie that would really benefit from the hi-def treatment.

Heroes of Telemark is another one.  It's sort of got a DVD release but I guess the video quality is absolutely terrible.  I'm stuck with my DVD-R that I recorded from the VHS tape that I recorded from TV.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ChaosTheory

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »

I'd love to see DANGER: DIABOLIK get the blu-ray treatment.  I notice that some of Bava's other stuff (BLACK SUNDAY & BAY OF BLOOD) have recently gotten BR transfers so maybe it's in the works....

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:35 AM »

Now, I say!

Also, Gleaming the Cube, Eraserhead, and Twilight of the Dogs all need re-releases! Now!
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »

I second Willard and Ben, and while I probably wouldn't buy a release myself (I'm okay with the VHS copy I got, but I know I'm in the minority), would love to see this get a release in the U.S.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVz4kfFHxVU

And how about Mr Boogedy (another one I have a copy of, but for those who can't use a VHS tape nowadays)?

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The films most deserving of a DVD/Blu-Ray/Streaming release! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.