Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:03:32 AM
713404 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Need help naming a after school special « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help naming a after school special  (Read 9308 times)
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« on: October 09, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »

in the film this teenager wake up in the near future and it was all polluted. the fish in the local lake was all dead and the the government/local police was relocating people by force. the teen was driving around on a 4 wheel ATV i believe. anybody remember this film?
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:01:09 PM »

btw the the actor in this was the kid who played in growing pains as the best friend to kirk Cameron's character.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »

Could you be thinking of TESTAMENT? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086429/
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »

nah...but i still might check this out. i think the special was just 30 mins.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:50:28 AM »

By Kirk Cameron's best friend in "Growing Pains" I believe you must mean Andrew Koenig.  Here is his IMDb profile:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462809/

Unfortunately, I didn't see any credits that match your description.

There is an episode of "Galactica 1980" that is close to your description.  That is the "Super Scouts" episode.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 05:58:58 PM »

Unfortunately, I didn't see any credits that match your description.

yeah i looked at his credits but it doesn't list it. but i know for sure it was him...or maybe it's the guy that was Doogie howser's friend Vinnie? but nothing in his credits either. though it might be him cause i remember the character having a think new york accent. the former didn't have the accent i believe.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »

I know exactly what you are talking about but I don't know the title, either.  I've been trying to find it for years.  I thought it had Frances Sternhagen in it as the aged, future version of the hero's girlfriend but I don't see anything in her credits that matches.

One thing I clearly remember is the hero gets caught by the cops/military and taken to a briefing with other captured people.  He learns that he will only be allowed to shower once every 10 days.

It ends with him waking up from his dream/going back to his own time.  He sees a leaky faucet and turns it off because he wants to do what he can to prevent the hellish future he saw.

Sound familiar?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:40:20 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »

I know exactly what you are talking about but I don't know the title, either.  I've been trying to find it for years.  I thought it had Frances Sternhagen in it as the aged, future version of the hero's girlfriend but I don't see anything in her credits that matches.

One thing I clearly remember is the hero gets caught by the cops/military and taken to a briefing with other captured people.  He learns that he will only be allowed to shower once every 10 days.

It ends with him waking up from his dream/going back to his own time.  He sees a leaky faucet and turns it off because he wants to do what he can to prevent the hellish future he saw.

Sound familiar?

yeah that's it, we're clearly on the same page. but damn i want that name lol
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »

bump.......
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 01:10:29 PM »

Another bump of DOOM!
Skull
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

The ABC Afterschool Special is an American television anthology series that aired on ABC from October 14, 1972 to July 1, 1997, usually in the late afternoon on week days. Most episodes were dramatically presented situations, often controversial, of interest to children and teenagers. Several episodes were either in animated form or presented as documentaries. Topics included illiteracy, substance abuse and teenage pregnancy.

I've looked at the list of every ABC Afterschool Special and nothing seemed to match. Or even close to 'Apocalyptic'

The story your talking about seemed something like:

Are You Afraid of the Dark? (1991) or Eerie, Indiana (1991/92)

On the other hand, most 'after school specials' were often spliced with The Afternoon Movie and The 4:30 Movie. So it's quite possible that you saw a movie and you thought you saw an after school special.

I think this research would require how old you were when you saw it and where.  I hope this helped.
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 01:36:35 PM »

Someone on imdb said it was called "Race Against Tomorrow"
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:23:58 PM »

Sounds right. http://ww.w.schoolmediaassociates.com/store/titledetail.cfm?MerchID=59619
Blackdragon6
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »

Yup, that's it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Need help naming a after school special « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.