Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:09:57 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your thoughts on Brutal Death Metal? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your thoughts on Brutal Death Metal?  (Read 13023 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 03:04:43 AM »

sounds like you're so un-elitist you've almost turned the full circle. I mean, openly dissing your local bands and trying to disrupt their shows, really? If you're not into the scene the best way to avoid elitists is probably to extract yourself from it and avoid!

I'd be a great metal elitist but I don't know enough band names (...yet  Twirling)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »

There's different ways to be really brutal though. Could one of these sex grind bands get up there and dance like George Michael? or just be blatantly retro like Trouble or St Vitus?
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »

I mean, openly dissing your local bands and trying to disrupt their shows, really? If you're not into the scene the best way to avoid elitists is probably to extract yourself from it and avoid!

Ha ha! Yeah, that is the screwy part about it. Why not avoid it you ask? Because it was fun p*ssing them off. I admit it was a moot point for the most part, that's why it eventually became boring though. Like I said I'm not as hateful towards them as I once was and if anything find them all the more funny. Metalocalypse helps too.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »

I like all metal music.  I grew up when Heavy Metal music was strong (80s and early 90s).  My brother went more heavy (Testament, Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, etc.) than I liked.  Lately I got into the Heavier Metal (Death, Industrial, Brutal).  I don't agree with all of the sub-generes.  I would recommend brutal metal to anyone at least for a listen.  I like the heavy drums and the vocals.  My favorite (not so brutal) very heavy metal band is Arch Enemy.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Please enjoy both videos.

Angela Gosso is hot and talented.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 01:57:06 AM »

I like pretty much all forms of metal (with the exception of maybe drone metal), even some bands that are borderline rock-metal, and even a few bands that are technically rock but are often mistaken for metal.  As far as brutal death goes, it's not my favorite, but I respect the hell out of it.  To make it in that subgenre, you really need to be a talented instrumental musician. 

I haven't read this whole topic yet, so maybe someone touched on this, but I absolutely despise* the pretentious asses you find on the Internet who are anal about how metal is categorized, who is or isn't metal, what bands are great and what are "mainstream crap..." spare me.  Not surprising, I also hate that attitude when it comes to horror movies ("True horror fans watch/wouldn't watch [insert horror movie, subgenre, or era here]...").

*maybe not the people themselves, but what they do anyway...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:59:47 AM by JoeTheDestroyer » Logged

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Archivist

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:50 PM »

I started out in the 80's with Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth, as well as the Dead Kennedys, and got into some of the heavier acts like Bolt Thrower, Pestilence and Napalm Death in the very early 90's.  Iron Maiden was the 'softest' metal band I listened to, and probably Europe and Alice Cooper the most commercial.  These days I find the brutal stuff just too tiring to listen to for anything beyond one song.

These days my favourite band is Nightwish, with Epica coming close second.  Power metal is my joy now.  Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, and the immortal Yngwie Malmsteen.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »

This is my jam, when it comes to metal anyway.

Small | Large
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »

Brutal Death Metal? I never got the name of the subgenre. Isn't Death Metal already brutal to begin with?

Most of the bands who play this style are decent but like what was mentioned before most of them are homogenous in their sound. Being a vocalist, I tend to be a tad critical on this area when listening to bands. Brutal Death Metal growls are neat, but for the most part it annoys the crap outta me because it sounds like they're just making noise into the mic. No attempt to pronounce the lyrics whatsoever! Drives me crazy as much as grind vocalists who make frog or pig noises into the mic. Bring back the Lee Dorrian style, damn it!

I agree with the whole elitist attitude that's been plaguing metalheads in general lately. Most these days are a bunch of close minded, stuck up snobs who can't accept anything that isn't "BrO0tal". I know this because I actually tried to promote my band on a metal forum. Because we don't play a particularly brutal style, these people felt the need to attack and condemn us. Sheesh.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »

Brutal Death Metal? I never got the name of the subgenre. Isn't Death Metal already brutal to begin with?
well, I think original death metal bands from the late 80s had hints of melody/guitar solos/distinguishable lyrics. the 'brutal' stuff has none of that. but I agree it's a minor distinction

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your thoughts on Brutal Death Metal? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.