Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:37 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Knee Surgery « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Knee Surgery  (Read 6594 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 19, 2012, 02:56:25 PM »

Had knee surgery this morning, so I should be around a lot more for the next week or two.  If I post anything stupid during the next few days, please understand that it's the Vicodin talking.

Being laid up will give me time to watch a few movies and write two or three reviews.  Woohoo!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:58:12 PM »

Had knee surgery this morning, so I should be around a lot more for the next week or two.  If I post anything stupid during the next few days, please understand that it's the Vicodin talking.

Being laid up will give me time to watch a few movies and write two or three reviews.  Woohoo!
You'll be up in no time old friend. I have had several, and you are in way better shape.  KEEP THE KIDS OFF IT!  Trust me on this, not enough vicodinin teh world will keep that from hurting.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »

Take it easy Andrew and hang out here more  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »

I've taken Vicodin several times for infected teeth. I hated it, because the first one would do wonders, but the second one, & every pill after that only made it worse.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »

I had wrist surgery about a year ago and was on vics.  Slept well but was in a daze a day or two after

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 11:02:36 PM »

I'm confident you'll heal well.   Thumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »

You'll do well,Andrew. Besides,you being here more often is a good thing. Smile

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »

Not that surgery is a good thing, but it's nice to have those times when you aren't expected to do anything but relax and kill time.

And when you're a little more mobile, you can limp around with your vicodin and make sarcastic remarks at people. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 12:24:08 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I haven't taken any Vicodin yet, though I'll admit there is some eye-watering pain at times.

I'm not supposed to do any mobility exercises yet and have to wait until my follow-up visit next week.  The mass was larger than expected and it had attached to the bone, so they had to scrap it off.  I've had the lump for almost 2 years; it finally grew so large (larger than a golf ball) that it was causing me issues due to being under the patella tendon.  They sent it off to pathology because the MRI and even removing it didn't give any clue as to what it was.  Probably some result of 21 years of hard use; I don't know many old Marines without knee problems.

In the medical field, it's never good to be unique.

Unfortunately I put some weight on it today during Andy's soccer game.  I'll tell that story in the other thread.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 12:27:46 PM »

Not that surgery is a good thing

For sure....I've known several people that have had it and it's no fun

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »

Not that surgery is a good thing

For sure....I've known several people that have had it and it's no fun

Had a fractured tibia and fibula myself, about 20 years ago. Slipped on a patch of ice. Required a plate, screws and pins, which are still in there. Very painful, a huge inconvenience, and that ankle hasn't been the same since. The one consolation was being able to basically take most of the winter off - from everything. Just staying indoors, reading, watching movies, sleeping, being waited on, collecting unemployment until I could go back to work. That part was sweet.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I haven't taken any Vicodin yet, though I'll admit there is some eye-watering pain at times.

I'm not supposed to do any mobility exercises yet and have to wait until my follow-up visit next week.  The mass was larger than expected and it had attached to the bone, so they had to scrap it off.  I've had the lump for almost 2 years; it finally grew so large (larger than a golf ball) that it was causing me issues due to being under the patella tendon.  They sent it off to pathology because the MRI and even removing it didn't give any clue as to what it was.  Probably some result of 21 years of hard use; I don't know many old Marines without knee problems.

In the medical field, it's never good to be unique.

Unfortunately I put some weight on it today during Andy's soccer game.  I'll tell that story in the other thread.
It's okay to be unique if you recover extra quick.  I know you're fine and will recover well. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »

Hang in there, you don't want to rush back from major surgury too quickly.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »

I have to say, this really, really sucks.  Not being able to bend your knee past 45 without pain is inconvenient as all heck.  I can get it to about 90, but that causes eye watering pain.  The doctor told me to stop doing that.  My stitches come out on Monday if all goes well.

And Katie keeps telling me to take the Vicodin, but I haven't needed to.  Yes, it hurts, but it's not unmanageable.  Besides, when she suggested I should turn the leftover pills in to a neighbor who is a pharmacist, I told her that I was saving them for our date nights.  That didn't go over too well. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »

When I had my last hernia surgery, my surgeon prescribed me 60 of the strongest Percocet to deal with the post-op pain.

I needed maybe 2.

I assume he prescribed the rest so I could sell them on the black market to raise funds to pay his bill.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Knee Surgery « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.