Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:09:33 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2  (Read 8049 times)
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« on: October 26, 2012, 01:22:06 AM »

What does everyone think about this one?

Right from the outset, it was clear that they were going in a more comedic outlandish direction and the first half of the film was actuelly quite entertaining in a campy kinda way, but I feel that too many scenes dragged on for way too long in the second half which really hurt the pacing. It was good to see a closer expectation of the family including more character development for Leather face but the script just lacked coherency and polish. You could tell that the re-writes made for a lot of improvisation along the way and with some tacking editing, it did end up hurting the overall experience. The cop character also got on my nerves with some of his crappy dialog and bad acting.

Pretty disappointing overall.
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:45:52 AM »

I was strangely pleased with it.  I think the original The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is one of the handful of horror films that are genuinely great films, it exists unto itself, but this one has an almost screwball approach to the same theme.  I know they were trying to go with an entirely different vibe, and in that sense they succeeded.  Not all of the humor works but by the end of it I was pleased by the fact that it was so funky.  Those later scenes in the underground lair are a thing of beauty when it comes to the set design.  Plus I could look at Caroline Williams' legs in that all day long.

JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 02:11:59 AM »

I didn't much care for it.  I'm all for humorous horror movies, but this one didn't work for me.  I dunno, maybe it's just that I don't find TCM's core concept very conducive to comedy.  Question

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:56:52 AM »

I love it.  It is hilarious and I laugh out loud every time I watch it.  I especially enjoy the over-the-top performances of Dennis Hopper as the cop, and Bill Mosely as Chop Top.  The comedy works, the horror works, and it's loaded with cheese.

Yes it's a very different movie from the first, but for me it is every bit as enjoyable to watch, perhaps even more so.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:41 AM »

Everyone was expecting a reprise of the fist-and-of course-cant be done
look at HALLOWEEN 2
I think it did a good job of not only parodying the first film-but being scary and fun on its own terms.
I like it.
And DOG WILL HUNT!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »

I've always been a huge fan of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I think that time has been very kind to it and the initial huge wave of disappointment it received upon its initial release in 1986 has given way to an appreciation and understanding of what they were up to with making it. Plus, it's one of the most quotable movies of all time too. This particular line is one that I use quite a bit actually!
Small | Large

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
voltron

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:48 PM »

I'm kinda on the fence with it. Like many movies I've seen when I was younger, I enjoyed it then, but I rewatched it on tv a few years back and didn't find it too enjoyable. But I do think it has it's place as a bad movie, and Chop Top was pretty cool in this one. I think the Leatherface movie was a lot better because it wasn't played strictly for laughs.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »

Overall, not a 'great' film.

But, Bill Mosely & Dennis Hopper make it a fun time.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »

It's a very uneven movie, both in its comedy and horror, yet ultimately satisfying.

Choptop almost ruins it, though that makes it a lot better when he gets gutted at the end.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
moregore
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 03:55:58 AM »

I've always been a huge fan of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. I think that time has been very kind to it and the initial huge wave of disappointment it received upon its initial release in 1986 has given way to an appreciation and understanding of what they were up to with making it. Plus, it's one of the most quotable movies of all time too. This particular line is one that I use quite a bit actually!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QZsxXEVcsE

Incoming mail!  BounceGiggle this movie cracks me up love it

✌Shop my Horror, Monsters and Halloween auctions!✌

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b
moregore
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 04:01:33 AM »

Small | Large

✌Shop my Horror, Monsters and Halloween auctions!✌

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »

Repetition Girl here has seen this one over 20x, worn out the tape and bought a replacement disc.  I alternately love and hate it.   Twirling

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »

I liked it a lot but did not like the direction it took.  This one took place at an amusement park???  The end was weird.  Mama was a huge woman and the family made a shrine for her.  I loved that the chainsaw that Mama had, worked.  It would be my luck that the gas was stale.  How old was the grandpa?  I could go on but won't.  It was a good move that did not follow the first one well (IMO) and left some questions unanswered.

I would give it  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle out of  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Torgo

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 06:48:39 PM »

I've always been a huge fan of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 and have been a staunch supporter of it throughout the years. It's one of the most quotable movies of all time and also features one of the truly great horror characters of all time in the form of Chop Top played by genre legend Bill Mosely. The fact that Primus sampled the "dog will hunt" line for their classic track "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver" is even more cool.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »

It's pretty bad.  And really, not in a good way IMO.  A couple good campy performances (and I laughed out loud when Leatherface uses the saw as a phallic instrument, and cums himself), but to follow a classic horror film with such jokey drek was inexcusable.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.