Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:57 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  military squad in the forest, there's a werewolf, but it's NOT Dog Soldiers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: military squad in the forest, there's a werewolf, but it's NOT Dog Soldiers  (Read 5662 times)
JTempest
New Visitor

« on: November 01, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »

I think this came out sometime in the early 90s.  I remember a scene with a bunch of soldiers getting lined up and executed, but a couple of them survive and escape somehow.  One is injured.  They get chased through the woods.  The injured guy ends up getting shot later I think.  Also, one of the guys who was in their unit turns into a werewolf.  At the end, there is a Predator-like showdown at a cabin, and I think there's a woman at this point too.  The werewolf sees a tripwire connected to an explosive, and he salutes to the hero, and then chops the wire with his claw to set off the explosive and kill himself (like he's realizing he became a monster).

I'm sure this movie is NOT Dog Soldiers, but all my google searching comes up with is Dog Soldiers results.  Any help is appreciated!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 08:36:51 AM »

I found some films that are similar to your description, but none of them seem to match perfectly.

War Wolves (2009)

Last Stand (2005)

Lycanthrope (1999)

Could this perhaps be from a horror series, such as "Monsters" or "Tales from the Crypt"?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JTempest
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »

There's a small chance that it's Lycanthrope, but definitely not any of the others you mentioned.  Problem is, there are ZERO images/videos of Lycanthrope online to verify!  I see one used VHS for $40 on amazon, but that's it.

I vividly remember the scene where the werewolf salutes, and then lowers his hand to chop the tripwire and set off the explosive.  Grr this is driving me crazy!
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »

I really wish I could be of more help here-because I remember seeing the movie your talking about, but I can't remember its title either. Although, maybe I can help narrow the search. If it is the same movie I'm thinking of, the monster isn't exactly a werewolf-it just sort of looked like one. The commander was infected by some sort of chemical (super solder) serum that turned him into the creature.  There's a scene where his senses start getting hypersensitive to the point he hears a spider spinning its web.  Yes, there's a woman in the cabin and her younger brother is with her.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
JTempest
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 04:02:32 PM »

Yes you're right - he wasn't exactly a werewolf, but similar to one...and now that you reminded me, I definitely remember the woman and her brother at the cabin.  Ok I will try doing google research for "creature" and related terms instead of "werewolf" and see if I can find it.  Thanks!
JTempest
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:21:03 PM »

SOLVED!

Mutant Species - 1995

Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  military squad in the forest, there's a werewolf, but it's NOT Dog Soldiers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.