The 6th November is a big day for my family in the USA

Started by Trevor, November 05, 2012, 04:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyGilmore

Can't be good either way.

As a Libertarian, welp, I got mine in.
"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.

Rev. Powell

Aargh! Liquor stores are closed in Kentucky while the polls are open!  :hatred:
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

LilCerberus

Quote from: HappyGilmore on November 06, 2012, 07:11:51 PM

Well, they're in third, which is better Constitutional party, & way better than the Green Party.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.

InformationGeek

Vote this morning folks and I was 58th voter in my district.  As I remember the ballot, there's only thing left the say, "What the hell is the Constitutional Party?"

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Leah

yeah no.

indianasmith

Actually, I am.  I am heartbroken for my country.  I truly believe this is the end of America as we know it, and what we will become in the next four years will SUCK! :hatred:
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Pilgermann

Quote from: Rev. Powell on November 06, 2012, 07:51:07 PM
Aargh! Liquor stores are closed in Kentucky while the polls are open!  :hatred:

You should've gone the night before like I did.   :cheers:

I'm pretty apathetic when it comes to politics, probably 'cause I'm so ignorant about them, haha!  I'm afraid I didn't cast my vote, and I'm not exactly proud of being in the non-voting crowd but I feel stupid voting if I feel uninformed.  Entirely my fault of course.  I'm not upset with the outcome, though.

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

AndyC

Quote from: InformationGeek on November 06, 2012, 09:07:51 PM
Vote this morning folks and I was 58th voter in my district.  As I remember the ballot, there's only thing left the say, "What the hell is the Constitutional Party?"

They believe all citizens should go for a walk every morning.
---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Criswell on November 06, 2012, 11:50:38 PM
Just in case no one noticed, Puerto Rico is now a state.

http://www.ceepur.org/REYDI_NocheDelEvento/index.html#en/default/OPCIONES_NO_TERRITORIALES_ISLA.xml

They're not a state yet, the Puerto Rican people just voted in a referendum that they were in favor of applying for statehood. I think that they will eventually be admitted as the 51st state, however.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

tracy

Quote from: indianasmith on November 06, 2012, 11:50:14 PM
Actually, I am.  I am heartbroken for my country.  I truly believe this is the end of America as we know it, and what we will become in the next four years will SUCK! :hatred:
I have to agree with Indy here.....I was very disappointed in the results and just don't know what will go on in this term. Yet,our vote doesn't elect the president so I suppose my griping doesn't really matter. Sigh! :thumbdown:
Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.

ChaosTheory

Quote from: HappyGilmore on November 06, 2012, 07:11:51 PM

Yeah, me too.

Quote from: AndyC on November 07, 2012, 05:33:09 AM
Quote from: InformationGeek on November 06, 2012, 09:07:51 PM
Vote this morning folks and I was 58th voter in my district.  As I remember the ballot, there's only thing left the say, "What the hell is the Constitutional Party?"

They believe all citizens should go for a walk every morning.

:bouncegiggle: I'd support that!
Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me

Jim H

Quote from: indianasmith on November 06, 2012, 11:50:14 PM

Honest question, what has changed in your life or those in your community in the past four years that makes you think the country is essentially wrecked?

In simple terms, I've not seen any giant changes that make me think the country is enormously changed in any meaningful way.  I don't see that changing in the next four. 

I remember liberals saying the same thing when Bush got re-elected, and I had the same thoughts then.

indianasmith

The out of control spending.  This President added more to the debt in four years than any President in U.S. history, and plans to pile on more debt in his next term.  Eventually, China cuts up our credit cards and collapse follows.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"