Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:05:37 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Darth Vader to be ressurected for sequels « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Darth Vader to be ressurected for sequels  (Read 8488 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »

And you can see the next in the "Star Wars" saga in 2015, or you can wait till 2016, when it will be streamed live on Netflix.

While the Disney company has an agreement to show its new theatrical films on Starz, that agreement ends in 2015. Thereafter, all new theatrical films will be streamed on Netflix, and it would seem to make sense to start the agreement with a big one like the next "Star Wars" film. Actually, two big ones. "Avengers 2" is also suppose to be released in 2015.

And the rich get richer.

The deal with Netflix is suppose to be worth $300 million an year to Disney, and while new theatrical films won't be seen on Neflix till 2016, films released straight to DVD/Blu-ray will start being shown next year in 2013, as will any films in Disney's backcatalog of films.

Actually, one of those Hollywood business decisions that seems to make sense for everybody.

Disney, I presume, gets more money.

Netflix gets a huge backcatalog and future catalog of films to stream.

Starz gets the money it is now paying Disney to do, like alot of movie channels, original programming.

And if the original programming is shot in Hollywood, there will be more demand for people both before and behind the camera in Hollywood.

And while Dreamworks Animation and the Weinstein Bros. already stream their films on Netflix, Disney will be the first of the Big 6 to do it. The only question is what the other 5: Fox, Paramount, Sony/Columbia, Universal/NBC, and Warner--will do.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »

Netflix is losing a ton of customers on the bad decision they made to link their streaming service to Silverlight.

We lowly Linux users cannot watch Netflix streams...unless we shell out additional $$ for a separate box.

This makes not sense, because they DO stream ok to Android via Chrome, which is...wait for it...Linux.

Argh.

Several years of "campaigning" to Netflix by worldwide Linux users has resulted in absolutely 0 customer support on this issue.  There was a rumor last year that by mid 2012, they'd have a Linux client available.  This did not materialize, however.

So, on the occasions we do wish to stream a movie, we use Amazon Instant Video.

Unless Netflix gets in the 2010's, I, and a whole bunch of Linux users, won't be watching SW or anything else that essentially constitutes a funneling of money to Disney via Netflix. 

This is really funny, in an ironic sort of way, because Pixar is a big part of Disney's 'team' now, and the heavy lifting on Pixar's computer based animation, the rendering engines, and indeed Disney itself prior to The Merger, run Linux and have done so for nearly a decade.

I won't hold my breath, but I'd sure like to see this deal with Netflix have Disney "strong arm" Netflix into joining the rest of the streaming community in supporting the platform Disney itself uses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Darth Vader to be ressurected for sequels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.