Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:06:18 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Wreck-It Ralph « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wreck-It Ralph  (Read 8727 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: November 17, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »

Saw this movie with my homeboy Evan today. Thought it was better than Flight, Easily 4.5 out of 4 stars, since it went beyond what I thought was golden excellence.  Buggedout Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 07:43:28 PM »

I want to see this. I love Sarah Silverman.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »

I was going to post this at "recent theatrical viewings," but as the film has its own thread . . .?

Maybe Disney animation has finally come of age.

The action was there.

The backgrounds were there.
You can hardly get four more different backgrounds than "Fix-it-Felix, jr.," "Heroes' Duty,"
"Sugar Rush," and "Turbo."

The emotional impact was there.

The in-jokes were there.

Diet Cola, Laffy Taffy, Mentos, Nestle Quik, Oreos, Subway, Tootsie Pops, Winchell Donuts, and 7-Up.

Plus the animated "Alice in Wonderland" and "The Wizard of Oz."

The jokes were there.
"He only glazed me." Comparable to "They only winged me." from "Flash Gordon." Bad! King Candy! Bad! That's 20 licks for you.

The music was there.
From disco to classical.

The twist was there.
Actually, it was a double twist.

The villain was there.
Actually, till the villain was revealed, I thought it might be one of those films with no villains, excluding the bugs.

The voice talent was there.
Especially Jane Lynch as Sgt. Calhoun.

Maybe that was why it came off as something odd and offbeat, and much better than one would expect.

And despite what the film critic for the local weekly said, it was atypical of anything Disney animation has done before. Actually, I found it atypical of any animated film I've ever seen.

And taking a page from Pixar, there was a list of production babies born to the people working on the film during the filming.

Next time: a dinner and a movie. Dinner out on Thanksgiving, then most likely "Skyfall."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »

I'm anxious to see this one....the previews look cool and funny.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 04:05:39 AM »

I really liked it.

The only thing that I didn't really like is that the new video game environments were confined to only three made up new environments. We got a teasing of video games past and present, but they weren't really a part of the movie. I really liked it, though.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 06:56:42 AM »

I just wanna see it due to the fact apparently Sarah Silverman is in it , I have no clue what it is about! Just Sarathchandra Silverman ... That is all.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 02:05:17 AM »

I just wanna see it due to the fact apparently Sarah Silverman is in it , I have no clue what it is about! Just Sarathchandra Silverman ... That is all.

Yeah, she's annoying like she usually is.  Didn't like her character. 

Did enjoy the movie overall though - it's good visually, solid storyline, good voice work, good action scenes.  Liked the video game cameos, and the animation stuff is really good - liked how they incorporated different animation styles from 8-bit arcade games into 3D animation.

8/10 from.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »

I liked it. I was afraid it would be nothing but a series of in-jokes aimed at gen-xers, but it was actually quite well-plotted. Voice acting was good and I laughed several times. Light but entertaining. It didn't unseat PARANORMAN as my favorite animated film of the year, but it came close. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »

I could reeeeeally do without the the-protagonist-says-"I want this" exposition scene and the the-authority-figure-says-"This is what your place is" exposition scene  but the movie at least avoided the you-mean-you-lied-to-me scene (even if it had a close variant).

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »

National Board of Review, USA has already declared this the best animated film of 2012.

While the film critics of Boston, Los Angeles, and New York went with "Frankenweenie" as the best animated film of 2012.

And who knows what other film groups will pick as the best animated film of 2012.

Which makes next year's Academy Awards pick for the best animated film of 2012 an interesting race, as the race should be wide open, especially if more than 5 films are nominated for an Oscar.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Wreck-It Ralph « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.