Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:11:27 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Aliens: Colonial Marines « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 3756 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »

This game suckz ballz.  Well, it's not that bad but I feel as though I paid $49.99 to play a beta.  Textures take forever to load, framerate is spastic, animations are so jerky you'd think you were watching a claymation movie instead of a 2013 video game, and most of the areas look exactly the same.  You theoretically have a variety of weapons to choose from but in practice you just upgrade the pulse rifle a couple of times and never need anything else.  I used the shotgun and sniper rifle merely to stave off boredom a few times.  The game is also ridiculously easy.  I didn't die once on the default difficulty.  Not once.  I never even felt in danger of dying.  The aliens only seem able to move in a straight line so as long as you can sidestep or have enough distance you can pick them off with ease.  The human enemies don't do anything but walk straight forward while shooting.  There are some amusing glitches, like when an alien will be attacking a human enemy and they'll get stuck together, so you have an alien scurrying around with a human fused to his back firing his weapon wildly.

Multiplayer is all right.  In story mode, at least, if one person picks up armor or health, the other players share it.  No fighting over items!  I never noticed if players shared ammo because ammo is EVERYWHERE, so I never came close to running out.  The Aliens vs. Marines mode is BAD, if only because there is no story mode for the aliens, so you have marines leveled way up from playing story mode vs. level 1 or 2 aliens.

NOT worth full price.  If you are a fan of Aliens, pick it up once it drops way down or goes on sale.  If you are not a fan of Aliens, there is absolutely no reason to even think of playing this game.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
dean

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »

The only reason why I bought this was my love for Aliens and the fact that my friends could play it together for laughs.  Went around to a friends house on friday night, had some whiskey and played it.  We had a lot of fun but it is a terrible game.  The only reason we enjoyed it because we had good company, and much like a bad movie we riffed the hell out of it.  Disappointing for the price really, but I wasn't surprised in the slightest.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »

Little bit of an update.

I'm playing through again on easy difficulty, trying to get 100%, and the game is actually way harder.  I'm dying an average of once per stage.  The aliens are much, much faster (but their only tactic is still charging straight forward) and the human enemies now make use of cover and don't just walk toward you.  I'm not sure if the game got patched, or if it's somehow broken on normal difficulty, but it's a totally different experience, now.  It's still not $49.99 worth of fun, but I'd say it's at least worth $29.99.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Aliens: Colonial Marines « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.