Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:33:54 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nothing can numb the pain I feel right now... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Nothing can numb the pain I feel right now...  (Read 19078 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 03, 2012, 01:05:13 AM »

I knew this day was coming so I tried to man up and prepare myself for it, but it didn't help at all.   Bluesad

Mom left my life on Saturday and while it is a new beginning for her (she's married, at home in the city she was born in, her future is secure, more pros than cons, etc) losing her to someone I don't know and losing the responsibility of looking after her financially and otherwise hurts.

Nothing can numb the pain, nothing.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »

Time may not heal the pain, but it will make it more bearable.  I'll be thinking of you today.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:46:22 AM »

Time may not heal the pain, but it will make it more bearable.  I'll be thinking of you today.

Thanks Brother Indy.

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

Fun? No. But if she's happy, I think you can deal with it. Stay strong, compadre.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »

Hang in there.  You have friends all around the world who are here to support you.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »

I'm sorry you're in pain, Trevor. I often don't handle changes well either. I have seen, though, that while closing a chapter in life can be agonizing, sometimes when you look back you see it opened up opportunities and experiences that would never have been possible if changes hadn't come. Good luck to you, and your mom also.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »

big up Trevington, you are the man

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »

I'm sorry you're hurting,Trev.....you're such a caring son. Just let time ease the pain and make sure you keep telling yourself how happy she is now. And how much she knows that you're strong enough to deal.
(((HUGS!!!)))

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »

I knew this day was coming so I tried to man up and prepare myself for it, but it didn't help at all.   Bluesad

Mom left my life on Saturday and while it is a new beginning for her (she's married, at home in the city she was born in, her future is secure, more pros than cons, etc) losing her to someone I don't know and losing the responsibility of looking after her financially and otherwise hurts.

Nothing can numb the pain, nothing.  Bluesad

I don't know what that would be like, Trevor. I guess if my mother had remarried after my father's death, and moved away, that would have certainly been something to deal with.

I didn't have to deal with that as the last decade or better of my mother's life was a battle with Parkinson's, dementia, and depression; and the latter to a degree on both parts. Those last years I rarely saw her smile, rarely saw her happy, and were certainly painful years for me dealing with her disease, seeing her mind go, and eventually watching her die suddenly one morning in which my efforts to save her failed.

The familiarity of your world may have changed, and you may not have the comfort of knowing you will be just around the corner for her, but if she's happy and has reason to smile, she's ahead of the game.

Take comfort in her new found happiness. It will take time to adjust, but when the years ahead are filled with potential and the chance at a life and happiness for someone....well, not everybody has that chance, and that's something to celebrate.

It may not seem like a celebration now, but your mother has an opportunity mine didn't. Years ago, and in your shoes, without having seen the future, I don't know how I would have reacted, but I would have probably felt along the same lines as you.

Having seen what did become of my mother and how her life degraded, and given the opportunity to go back and do things differently, well that's an opportunity that doesn't exist.

You and your do have an opportunity, a threshold in life that I never saw. That's not something to be sad about or feel guilty about, but to be embraced that you have it, and to know how special that is.

Call her on the phone, tell her you love her, laugh with her, and yes, be a shoulder to cry on and a second home where she's always welcome for as long as she wants.

As the years pass and you remember the moments of happiness in your mother's life, and she can share things with you, and tell you how her day has been going....these are special moments to be had, and hold onto. Smile

Hope I'm not being out of place....just wanted to share.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »

It'll be okay, man; you love her, and you want her to be happy. Just give yourself time to adjust.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
akiratubo

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »

Nothing can keep you down, man.  You're an African!  After awhile, knowing your Mother is happy and secure will bring you nothing but joy.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:01 AM »

Fun? No. But if she's happy, I think you can deal with it. Stay strong, compadre.

Thanks, Brother Flange.   Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:54 AM »

Hang in there.  You have friends all around the world who are here to support you.

Thanks Brother Burgo: if it wasn't for you guys and girls, well...

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 01:02:46 AM »

I'm sorry you're in pain, Trevor. I often don't handle changes well either. I have seen, though, that while closing a chapter in life can be agonizing, sometimes when you look back you see it opened up opportunities and experiences that would never have been possible if changes hadn't come. Good luck to you, and your mom also.

Thanks, ER. This is positive change for her and I am honestly happy for her but I am crushed.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 01:04:04 AM »

big up Trevington, you are the man

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nothing can numb the pain I feel right now... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.