Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:19:07 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nothing can numb the pain I feel right now... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Nothing can numb the pain I feel right now...  (Read 19085 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 01:04:54 AM »

I'm sorry you're hurting,Trev.....you're such a caring son. Just let time ease the pain and make sure you keep telling yourself how happy she is now. And how much she knows that you're strong enough to deal.
(((HUGS!!!)))

Hugs right back at you, SisterT  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 01:44:11 AM »

You know we love you, Trevor.  You'll be OK.  I'm sure it's one of those easier said than done situations, but given time I think you'll be fine, sir.  Best to you and to your mother!

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 01:47:22 AM »

I didn't have to deal with that as the last decade or better of my mother's life was a battle with Parkinson's, dementia, and depression; and the latter to a degree on both parts. Those last years I rarely saw her smile, rarely saw her happy, and were certainly painful years for me dealing with her disease, seeing her mind go, and eventually watching her die suddenly one morning in which my efforts to save her failed.

That is incredibly sad, Dr M: I had no idea that happened to you.  Bluesad I also still feel responsible for not being able to help Dad in 2008 ~ I got there two hours too late.

The familiarity of your world may have changed, and you may not have the comfort of knowing you will be just around the corner for her, but if she's happy and has reason to smile, she's ahead of the game. Take comfort in her new found happiness. It will take time to adjust, but when the years ahead are filled with potential and the chance at a life and happiness for someone....well, not everybody has that chance, and that's something to celebrate. It may not seem like a celebration now, but your mother has an opportunity mine didn't. Years ago, and in your shoes, without having seen the future, I don't know how I would have reacted, but I would have probably felt along the same lines as you. Having seen what did become of my mother and how her life degraded, and given the opportunity to go back and do things differently, well that's an opportunity that doesn't exist.

Thanks, I will try but it is so bloody hard.  Bluesad

You and your do have an opportunity, a threshold in life that I never saw. That's not something to be sad about or feel guilty about, but to be embraced that you have it, and to know how special that is. Call her on the phone, tell her you love her, laugh with her, and yes, be a shoulder to cry on and a second home where she's always welcome for as long as she wants. As the years pass and you remember the moments of happiness in your mother's life, and she can share things with you, and tell you how her day has been going....these are special moments to be had, and hold onto. Smile
Hope I'm not being out of place....just wanted to share.

All I can say to that is: thank you and *HUG* Smile

I must add that it took me three tries to read what you wrote: I succeeded the third time but I cried the first and the second time.  Bluesad

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 01:49:06 AM »

It'll be okay, man; you love her, and you want her to be happy. Just give yourself time to adjust.

Thanks, Brother Alan: I will have my rare beer on Christmas Day and New Year's Day and will think of you.  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »

Nothing can keep you down, man.  You're an African!

Thanks, Brother Akira: That is true: I don't know why I'm being such a wuss about it.

After awhile, knowing your Mother is happy and secure will bring you nothing but joy.

If all works out, I should be seeing her in February for her 80th so I hope all will be well.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:45:35 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 01:54:47 AM »

You know we love you, Trevor.  

Bluesad Bluesad Aww.... there go my waterworks again. *HUG*

You'll be OK.  I'm sure it's one of those easier said than done situations, but given time I think you'll be fine, sir.  Best to you and to your mother!

Thanks, Brother P.  Smile
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:45:58 AM by Trevor » Logged

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »

I feel for you brother Trev, but just be thankful you still have her,  I lost my Dad , in 1988 and My mom in 1994.

I would pick up the phone on the weekend and get ready to dial her up and then realize she wasn't there any more.

It will be tough for a while, but time will make eventually make it feel better.     

You have a lot to friends to fall back on when it gets really tough.     We love you man and you can lean on us any time. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »

You can take solice in knowing that your mom is happy, which will  ease the pain.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »

Relax and keep in contact with her as often as possible.  If she's happy with the new guy he must be a real peach!  Don't fret; hang out with us when you get low!  Or watch MIDNIGHT.. yeah, that'll make you feel better!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »

Your Mom is very fortunate to find love late in life; it's a rare thing.  Be happy for her.

We're thinking of you. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 12:16:39 AM »

We're thinking of you. 

But he's the only one thinking of you in your underpants. TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »

You have a lot to friends to fall back on when it gets really tough.     We love you man and you can lean on us any time. 

Bluesad Bluesad Awww..... thanks, BrotherTrek.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25:43 AM »

You can take solice in knowing that your mom is happy, which will  ease the pain.

Thanks, Brotherbob: she is happy but she asks me each day when we talk on the phone if I am OK, as if she senses something. She does know how I felt and feel about the situation and she knows that while I am genuinely happy for her, internally I feel as abandoned as I did when my birth parents abandoned me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:31:27 AM by Trevor » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »

Relax and keep in contact with her as often as possible.  If she's happy with the new guy he must be a real peach!  Don't fret; hang out with us when you get low!

I will do that, thanks, BrotherRussell.  Smile

Or watch MIDNIGHT.. yeah, that'll make you feel better!

OOOOOO [expletive deleted] NOOOOOOO: nothing could be worse than that.  Buggedout TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

Just FYI: www.kalahari.com has Midnightfor sale at SAR187.00 (that's about $19): should I buy it or not?

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 02:30:05 AM »

Your Mom is very fortunate to find love late in life; it's a rare thing.  Be happy for her.

We're thinking of you. 

Thanks, BrotherAHD.  Smile

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Nothing can numb the pain I feel right now... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.