Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:52:43 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  We are putting my cat Biggy down « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: We are putting my cat Biggy down  (Read 7910 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 07, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »

Trying to describe my cat: Imagine having a panther for a brother.

We've had him for 12 years which is like a third of my life. He is the king of the hood. A lot of people keep their cats indoor these days but he's an outdoor cat and hunts and starts fights and whatnot.

Here he is kicking my ass

Small | Large

Last night at about 4 am Biggy, whose actual name is Styles but I call him Biggy because he's really big, had a stroke. I didn't know cats could have strokes. All the sudden he was virtually paralyzed and blind. It was horrible. We brought him to the animal hospital but it was clear the stroke was major.

We went back there tonight and he wasn't much better. We stayed with him a while and I think he knew we were there but it doesn't seem like a recovery is possible.

He was so much a part of my life and so amazing. I miss him already.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:11:34 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »

Wow, man.  Sorry to hear this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »

I had my beloved "Babe" (not her name either, but it's what I called her) for 16 years.  She's gone a long time now, but I miss her. 
I know how you feel.  I have had a very special cat friend. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:42 AM »

rip  Bluesad  :lighter:

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 01:04:54 AM »

I lost my old buddy Nick a few years back, after having him for 15 years.  He was the sweetest cat I have ever owned.  (His full name was Nicholas Alexandrovich Romanov; I had just finished reading NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA when I got him).

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 06:29:07 AM »

I'm sorry, lester.  It sucks putting an animal companion down, and I can't even imagine having to do so for either of my current cats, Mona and Lisa.

Biggie reminds me of my cat, Blackie, who I had to put down two years ago due to diabetes complications.  Basically, his organs began shutting down, so we had no choice.  I think it hit my wife the worst, though.  She rescued him he was a kitten, a feral one that had been abandoned by his mother likely because she could sense that he had diabetes and she wouldn't be able to take care of him.  He only lived nine years, but the vet told us that that was nine years more than he would have otherwise had. 

It's funny that you called Biggie a panther, because that was what I called Blackie when my wife introduced him after we started dating.  "Holy crap, you didn't say you owned a panther!" 

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:23:41 AM »

So sorry to hear that Lester. We had to have our last cat put to sleep because she was really old and could barely move on her last few days because she had arthritis so bad. Saddest day of my life. You certainly have my sympathy my friend.

Your video reminds me so much of me and my current cat. He likes to chew on my neck which involves a whole lot of "ow ow OOOWWW!" from me.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:02 AM »

Thanks a lot guys. It will be lonely without him but we had great times together and I'm thankful for that.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 01:17:24 PM »

I'm really sorry,Les.....our furry family members mean so much to us.
(((HUGS!!!)))

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »

We put him down today. We want back to the hospital pretty sure we were going to go through with it but of course open to not doing so if he showed that he was improving and could enjoy some quality of life. He was pretty much the same as yesterday. His pupils were dilated and he couldn't walk. He seemed very uncomfortable. I sat with him for a long time and it was helpful to me but I don't know if he knew what was going on. I held him up to the window which is where he loves to sit and he had no reaction. The doctor gave him the injection and he is now in a better place. It's hard being here at home with all these memories. He was so big but he used to squeeze into this cat condo thing we have, one of those rug things they scratch and play on. Now it's just sitting here.

Rest In Peace my brother
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:16:43 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pacman000
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »

Bluesad Sorry for your loss.
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »

I had to have my cat put down a few years ago too. If somebody doesn't have a pet, or a pet they spend so much time with, they might not get what a pet means to someone or how they can be like a family member. A pet is someone who experiences our moments that we don't share with others. When we blow up, or cry, or just carry on ranting; our private moments we just don't share with others, but they are there and are privy to a part of us nobody else is.

As much as someone is lucky to have a pet which becomes part of their family, they are just as lucky to have someone who cares for them.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »

Sorry to hear about this.  My wife and I have 2 dogs.  They are both 12 years old.  We bought one and about a month later we bought the other.  They are definitely a major part of our family and it will be terrible when we need to say goodbye to them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
major jay

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 11:30:21 AM »

Sorry to hear about that.
I'll tip a 40 of Olde English to him.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 12:34:16 AM »

We put him down today. We want back to the hospital pretty sure we were going to go through with it but of course open to not doing so if he showed that he was improving and could enjoy some quality of life. He was pretty much the same as yesterday. His pupils were dilated and he couldn't walk. He seemed very uncomfortable. I sat with him for a long time and it was helpful to me but I don't know if he knew what was going on. I held him up to the window which is where he loves to sit and he had no reaction. The doctor gave him the injection and he is now in a better place. It's hard being here at home with all these memories. He was so big but he used to squeeze into this cat condo thing we have, one of those rug things they scratch and play on. Now it's just sitting here.

Rest In Peace my brother

Bluesad Bluesad

Aww: hugs to you. Lester and to Biggy too.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  We are putting my cat Biggy down « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.