Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:04:15 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Watching Varan the Unbelievable « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Watching Varan the Unbelievable  (Read 1327 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 09, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »

It's interesting how a lot of Ifukube's classic music would show up again and become big themes for the more popular monsters. I mean a lot of great scores actually hailed from the less popular kaiju movies like Varan, the open score of this film would be expanded to become Rodan's theme.

I am surprised it is in black and white because I could have sworn I saw color pictures of Varan years and years ago in the early internet and I am quite sure they were not stills from Destroy All Monsters.

Poor Varan got removed from GMK.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:18:19 AM »

It's interesting how a lot of Ifukube's classic music would show up again and become big themes for the more popular monsters. I mean a lot of great scores actually hailed from the less popular kaiju movies like Varan, the open score of this film would be expanded to become Rodan's theme.

I am surprised it is in black and white because I could have sworn I saw color pictures of Varan years and years ago in the early internet and I am quite sure they were not stills from Destroy All Monsters.

Poor Varan got removed from GMK.

Fear not fellow Daikaiju fan, for Varan makes a brief but very cool entrance into the final scene of Destroy All Monsters as he lands on the sideof a mountain next to (if I'm right) Angilas and Gorosaurus.  He also takes off and flies away at the end too. And he's in color.  Smile

As it stood, I really liked Varan The Unbelievable, especially when they were on that island with the Japanese natives. The carved wooden masks and totems remind you very much of the Eskimo artwork, and the scens of Varan rising from the water and flying off were just too cool.  Easily, next to Anguirus, Varan is one of Toho's most under-appreciated monsters.

Be that as is, at least Anguirus made it into the 2 original X-Box fighting games (which I own and refuse to part with, as they are serious collectors' items.)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Watching Varan the Unbelievable « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.