Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:07:22 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DUMBEST MOVIE SEEN IN 2012 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DUMBEST MOVIE SEEN IN 2012  (Read 17440 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: December 20, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »

Thanks to the folks at Mill Creek and Echo Bridge, I've got lots of candidates for this. After much deliberation (riiiiight!), the winner is....

BLOODSUCKING BABES FROM BURBANK!

Small | Large

The words "gratuitious", "asinine", and "ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH" can't begin to describe this cinematic tampon, which I truly hope was intended as a spoof. This film was meant to inform those tourists who believe that PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE was the worst film ever made.

What swirled down YOUR video-drain this year?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 01:53:00 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »

good question - I saw some REAL stinkers this year!

Probably DOCUMENTING THE GREY MAN is the one that comes to mind first, although I am sure
I watched worst movies this year.  That was just the most recent.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:42:52 PM »

I declare Battleship is the dumbest of 2012, and then right after it are Oogie Loves and Branded.  I'll hear nothing else of it!   TongueOut

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:52:49 PM »

It's a tie between BATTLESHIP and FRIENDS WITH KIDS. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »

For me it's a toss up between two particularly odious SyFy Channel movies --

"Witchslayer Gretl" with Shannen Doherty
Small | Large

and "The 12 Disasters of Christmas" starring.... ehh... nobody I recognized.
(no trailer available on YouTube... trust me, you're not missing anything)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:52:26 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:05:34 PM »

If you know it's on SyFy, and it's an original movie, then you know it's a ripoff of a better movie. Obviously, "Witchslayer Gretl" (and I love how they spell Gretl in the tile) is a ripoff of "Hansel and Gretel Witchhunters," which is set for release to theaters on January 25, 2013. And that I am looking forward to seeing. "Witchslayer Gretl" not so much.
LithiumHead
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »

It wasn't made in 2012 but it was seen. It was horrible and a waste of my time.
Poultrygeist: Chicken of the Dead.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »

If you know it's on SyFy, and it's an original movie, then you know it's a ripoff of a better movie. Obviously, "Witchslayer Gretl" (and I love how they spell Gretl in the tile) is a ripoff of "Hansel and Gretel Witchhunters," which is set for release to theaters on January 25, 2013. And that I am looking forward to seeing. "Witchslayer Gretl" not so much.

The funny thing is, the SyFy Channel "Gretl" movie aired almost a year ago. You'd think if someone is going to go to the trouble of Mockbuster-ing a big budget movie like that, they'd time its release so that it came out a little closer to that of the "real deal."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »

You have my deepest sympathies. That is on a small list of movies that I couldn't finish and ended up ejecting.

Every movie I saw that was released this year I loved and will not nominate them for dumbest movie. But, I saw a few movies this year that I thought were completely idiotic with the biggest being The Adjustment Bureau (2011). It wasn't the worst movie I saw this year, nor the one that made me the angriest, but I thought it was the dumbest.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »

From 2012, I'll have to go with SILENT HILL: REVELATION.

Among any movie I saw this year I'll have to go with THE BRIDE OF FRANK. It was meant to be dumb and bad taste-funny, but it was just dumb and obnoxious.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 01:41:28 PM »

You have my deepest sympathies. That is on a small list of movies that I couldn't finish and ended up ejecting.
I actually own this piece of crap for some reason. I couldn't make it past 20 minutes. I hazily remember musical numbers....

Dumbest 2012 Release-Lockout but it actually kind of revels in it so that's not too bad. Every other 2012 release I though was good to great so not much to pick from.
Dumbest movies seen in 2012-Reindeer Games, Rocky 5, Mission to Mars, I could go on but these 3 were especially dumbtastic.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 02:02:33 PM »

Possibly RUMPLESTILTSKIN, but let me consult my list before I give my final answer.

UPDATE:  Nope.  The dumbest was THE SUMMER OF THE MASSACRE.  Here are the comments I posted after I watched it:

One of the most boring bad movies I've seen in awhile.  It's a poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed, poorly edited, shot-on-video feature with bad sound.  A guy called Hammerhead, who wears a rubber scare-mask and tattered clothes, chases college students endlessly through the forest.  When he catches them, he bashes them with a hammer (mostly offscreen and it's obvious that he's just hitting the ground with his hammer).  In one scene, a female victim tries to fend him off by using a severed arm as a club.  In another scene, a woman spreads sun-tan lotion on herself, then lies down in the shade.  This gets a 0.5 out of 5 stars from me.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:52:15 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »

Would you count a Rifftrax movie on the list? Because if so, it would be Manos.

yeah no.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »

BLOODSUCKING BABES FROM BURBANK?  

I wonder if that title is a homage (eh hem) to A POLISH VAMPIRE IN BURBANK.  That was a fun movie...er, well, for "Up All Night," the Gilbert Godfried period, iirc.

MISSION TO MARS!

Wow.  One of the worst, most agonizing movies I have ever seen.  It's bad in a way Ed Wood could only dream about, only in part due to taking itself WAY too seriously and thinking it actually had something important (or merely interesting) to say.  I sympathize with anyone watching this.

My least favorite viewings of 2012 (hard to call them dumbest), produced/released any year, at least from my Netflix selections:

YOUNG ADULT (2011)

Cherlize Theron as an arrested adolescent middle aged home wrecker.

PROJECT NIM (2011)

Woman dreams of bestiality with chimp (or true love, who knows), group of hippies think they are doing science.

ARCTIC TALE (2007)

Absolutely the worst "documentary" I have ever seen.  A nauseating false story manufactured by careful editing of stock footage.

Edit:  Had to add...

FELICITY: AN AMERICAN GIRL ADVENTURE (2005)

Stephenie Meyer has nothing on the writers of this crap.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:56:56 PM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 07:43:43 AM »

Prometheus. I have never been more excited for and so let down by a movie. I even took the liberty of creating a new genre for it: StupiFi. Why did the entire crew transform into camp-counsillors-in-space? Bluesad

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DUMBEST MOVIE SEEN IN 2012 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.