Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:19:12 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart  (Read 22773 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »

Two such references to the aftermath are Red Mountain, such as the Dunmer fleeing Morrowind and the mention of Vivec and Balmora lying in ruin.

Also, there is a man in Dawnstar who collects Mythic Dawn artifacts, and this runs into Oblivion territiry, as they mention that the Oblivion crisis took place 250 years before Skyrim.

For me, I kind of like the talk of the aftermath.  I'm also enjoying Skyrim in the idea of the Empire on the brink of a possible collapse.  It gives a very real feeling to the overall story of Tamriel (well Nirn technically) that things change over time and not all things stay the same. 

Going back on Morrowind, one of the things that has always drawn me into the game is the variance in the people and cities in Morrowind.  It gives a feeling of being real.  Dunmer from one section aren't the same as those from another.  The Imperial structures and forts are very different in comparison to the native architecture.  Of course, there is also some game play mechanics that came standard I miss (Mark and Recall for instance). 

I enjoyed both Oblivion and Skyrim but Morrowind just seems the best out of those last three.  There is something that I can't let go of and Morriwnd is the one I long to play all the time.

Ah, the good old days.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 09:35:46 AM »

Two really old school games I still love are Lode Runner (possibly my favorite of all time) and Boulder Dash. I spent hours playing these on my Apple ][e.

In the arcade, Mappy caught my heart.

Small | Large

On the NES, the Zelda games hold my highest affection.

I also loved DOOM, mostly because I could enter God Mode and take out my frustrations by punching monsters to death.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »

Two such references to the aftermath are Red Mountain, such as the Dunmer fleeing Morrowind and the mention of Vivec and Balmora lying in ruin.

Also, there is a man in Dawnstar who collects Mythic Dawn artifacts, and this runs into Oblivion territiry, as they mention that the Oblivion crisis took place 250 years before Skyrim.

For me, I kind of like the talk of the aftermath.  I'm also enjoying Skyrim in the idea of the Empire on the brink of a possible collapse.  It gives a very real feeling to the overall story of Tamriel (well Nirn technically) that things change over time and not all things stay the same. 

Going back on Morrowind, one of the things that has always drawn me into the game is the variance in the people and cities in Morrowind.  It gives a feeling of being real.  Dunmer from one section aren't the same as those from another.  The Imperial structures and forts are very different in comparison to the native architecture.  Of course, there is also some game play mechanics that came standard I miss (Mark and Recall for instance). 

I enjoyed both Oblivion and Skyrim but Morrowind just seems the best out of those last three.  There is something that I can't let go of and Morriwnd is the one I long to play all the time.

Totally agree!
There was a big difference in architiecture of Imperial and native Dunmer buildings, and in some cases, the Dunmer architecture was so primitice it was almost next to the Flintstones in design. lol

I'd say that a full return to what's left of Morrowind, (with more monster types to suggest some sort of evolution) would be a good idea. Red Mountain can be an entire adventure in itself.
And I'd say too that a return to the Imperial city in Oblivion would be cool, as well as perhaps a return to some of the already crumbled Ayleid ruins.

These areas would present challeneges as well as maybe nice places for bandits to hide. Only thing with this time, there should be a "random re-population" of the areas once they are cleared, and not just the same old creatures\NPC'S. That made Oblivion a bit boring at times.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »

Combat for Atari 2600.   My older brother and I would spend hours playing ping pong tanks amongst the other games.   Keep all the modern day warfare games, this is where its at.  I feel this way about most Atari Games.

Doom, Hexen, Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, Wolfenstein, etc for the computer brings back fond memories of death matching my buddy over a modem connection.   That or just wasting time on my own blasting aliens, zombies and demons.

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.   I'd lose myself in those games for hours and still do to the point of the outside world shutting off.  

Mike Tyson's Punch Out or any Punch Out series to be honest.   I really think I've spent the most time playing these than any game series.

I'll add in several 90's arcade games like Mortal Kombat 2, Killer Instinct, Virtua Figther 2, Daytona USA, Cruisin' USA, etc.   Brings me back to a time when I had expendable income.   

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:18:23 AM by Mr. DS » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 05:04:12 AM »

Mike Tyson's Punch Out or any Punch Out series to be honest.   I really think I've spent the most time playing these than any game series.

One of the NES's resounding successes. Still a technical marvel in my book. This came out very early in the NES's lifespan, and it looked like nothing else on that system. I'm sure the simplified gameplay let them go crazy with the art, but it's still a highwater mark.

It's something I still feel good about. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out has become well known for its difficulty. To this day there are still people complaining about how damn hard the game is. Well guess what, losers? I beat the game when I was ten. Repeatedly. Suck it up and learn to play video games.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:05 AM »

[
GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.   I'd lose myself in those games for hours and still do to the point of the outside world shutting off.  

Finally got all three, finished 3 and SA, working on Vice City. 3 is better in terms of the character not whining (Carl doesn't really stand up to Sweet in SA) and just about everyone in Vice City is an a***ole.

yeah no.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »

One of the NES's resounding successes. Still a technical marvel in my book. This came out very early in the NES's lifespan, and it looked like nothing else on that system. I'm sure the simplified gameplay let them go crazy with the art, but it's still a highwater mark.

It's something I still feel good about. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out has become well known for its difficulty. To this day there are still people complaining about how damn hard the game is. Well guess what, losers? I beat the game when I was ten. Repeatedly. Suck it up and learn to play video games.

Indeed, the best way to learn these old games is like we did, thru repetition. Practice made perfect, in some cases anyhow.  And looking back on Mike Tyson's Punch Out, you're indeed right..didn't look like anyhting they put out up to that time. if I remember right, you had to wait until Mike winked at you and then let him have one in the kisser.  And I remember Mike congratulating you when you beat him too, saying how tough you were and all that.

One thing I never liked about any game with a password though..sometimes when you wrote it down, you mistook an "a" for an "@" or put down an "s" instead of a "5" and then all night you'd be going crazy trying to figure it out. Anyone here remember doing that?   Buggedout
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:49 PM »

Outstanding space shooter/maze game:

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »

I seem to remember Guardian Legend...didn't it have some little round ball-like guy named Randar in it?  I also remember fighting a dragon too. This off the top of my head, if I remember right  Question
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »

I seem to remember Guardian Legend...didn't it have some little round ball-like guy named Randar in it?  I also remember fighting a dragon too. This off the top of my head, if I remember right  Question

The ball guy was just called Blue Lander; there was also a Red Lander.  They sold you weapons and power-ups.  They were also icons for money ("chips") and energy meter boosters, I believe. 
There is a dragon-like boss in one of the flying stages.
Out of boredom I once made a drawing of the heroine walking a pet Blue Lander:

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Bushma

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »

Primal Rage.

YES!! I loved this game!  There was a BK on with this game that was on my way home from school and I used to go there everyday to play this game!  One of the fun things about this was on the beach level when after you got a combo the humans would run out and worship you. If you hit one in the air and the other player hit him back after a few times a volley ball net would appear and you could play volleyball using a human as a ball. Awesome game!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »

The ball guy was just called Blue Lander; there was also a Red Lander.  They sold you weapons and power-ups.  They were also icons for money ("chips") and energy meter boosters, I believe. 
There is a dragon-like boss in one of the flying stages.
Out of boredom I once made a drawing of the heroine walking a pet Blue Lander:

Man, that's a great drawing, retrorussell! Wish I could draw like that. I have tons of monster designs in my head that never quite made it to pen and paper. Imagination's a great thing  Cheers
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »

Maniac Mansion on C64.    I loved wasting time with that game.   Plus it was cool different characters were good for different things.  Benard the nerd was the best.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 08:11:07 AM »

Maniac Mansion on C64.    I loved wasting time with that game.   Plus it was cool different characters were good for different things.  Benard the nerd was the best.

I played this on my Apple ][e and loved it! Good memories...

More recently, and also from LucasArts, I loved the Monkey Island series.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 06:44:15 PM »

Well Mafia was my first M-rated Game, so I should include it. Smile

yeah no.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.