Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:17:17 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Best of 2012 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Best of 2012  (Read 8279 times)
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 28, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »

Ok everyone so the year is almost over now it's time to look back at 2012 and pick out your favorite new releases of this year. I didn't go to the theater as much as I should this year but every time I did I mostly enjoyed the films I saw and can't say I saw a single stinker in the theaters this year.

1)Killer Joe- William Friedkin is among my favorite director's so it was incredible to see him back in full force with this amazing movie. Who would have thought that nearly 40 years after the Exorcist Friedkin would still be shocking the s**t out of audiences. Beyond that this film is terrifically funny with great performances and one of my favorite endings ever!

2)The Master- Paul Thomas Anderson returned this year with one of the most challenging and difficult films of his career. As I watched it I can't say I was conventionally entertained but afterwards I could not stop thinking about it. And the more I think about what Anderson did here the more I feel this is a modern masterpiece and one people will be talking about for a long time. Also the 70mm was terrific.

Other favorites were the excellent "Argo" and the unfairly maligned "Prometheus". "The Dark Night Rises" was a film that I had many problems with but seeing it in IMAX was truly an amazing film experience regardless. 

Still want to see Amour, Django Unchained, Cabin in the Woods, Jack Reacher and Zero Dark Thirty so I think this year may have more pleasant surprises ahead.

So what did everyone else like or hate this year?
Samson
New Visitor

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 05:45:57 PM »

The only movies from 2012 I saw this year were Django Unchained and Alien Dawn.

1. Django Unchained - Quentin Tarantino`s greatest masterpiece! Yes, better then Pulp Fiction. It is funnier, grittier more touching and heartfelt, and even more importantly, more daring. His magnum opus for sure. Can`t recommend it enough.

2. Alien Dawn - A movie so bad I can`t even remember the plot. This one isn`t fun or campy. It`s so bad it hurts, and it doesn`t hurt good.

In 2012 I got see more movies I have never seen then ever before, but almost all old (or atleast older) due to my increasing passion for bad movies.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 05:49:57 PM »

I have only seen 6 movies that were released this year and here they are, but first I feel compelled to say that I really enjoyed all 6 of them are they are favorites of mine and highly recommended. My favorite of the bunch is number one.

1 Dark Knight Rises
2 Avengers
3 Skyfall
4 Lincoln
5 Prometheus
6 The Raven

2012 was an awesome year for movies.  TeddyR

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 08:05:57 PM »

Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

They played it completely straight.

The Expendables 2

Awesome to see all those old farts kicking butt.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »

My favorite three for this year:
THE HOBBIT
LINCOLN
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - all three EXCELLENT!

And honorable mention to ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS. ZOMBIES, which was far, far better than it had any right to be.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »

Prometheus
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 01:09:58 AM »

1) Life of Pi
2) TDKR
3) Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
4) The Avengers
5) Wreck-It Ralph

yeah no.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »

Just got back from Django Unchained and I think it might very well now be my 1# of the year. Hilarious at points, shocking at others this is Tarantino working at the height of his powers. Just loved the whole thing my lone complaint would be that 10-20 minutes could have been trimmed but that's really a minor complaint with a film this entertaining. Far superior to Inglorious Bastards IMO.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:02:53 AM by fulci420 » Logged
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »

The Avengers: This is how you handle a comic book adaptation, Hollywood. I want my iron suit now and I will pay any price to get it.

Dark Knight Rises: A brief summary of my theater experience: "Holy ****. Holy ****... HOLY ****! Holy ****. Holy ****!"

Cloud Atlas: I really enjoyed the idea behind this movie and really want to read the book now, watching it was like working out a really good puzzle. I especially liked the look and feel of the archs set in Earth's future, top-notch stuff. TeddyR

The Hobbit: It always good to end the year on a high note and I couldn't have asked for better. The Great Goblin was so wonderfully ugly.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »

1. LES MISERABLES
2. LINCOLN
3. THE AVENGERS
4. SKYFALL

January 2, 2013 update:

1. LES MISERABLES
2. LINCOLN
3. DJANGO UNCHAINED (could also be titled, "Several Buckets of Blood.")
4. THE AVENGERS
5. SKYFALL

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:14:20 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 01:29:12 AM »

1. Django Unchained - Quentin Tarantino`s greatest masterpiece! Yes, better then Pulp Fiction. It is funnier, grittier more touching and heartfelt, and even more importantly, more daring. His magnum opus for sure. Can`t recommend it enough.

its more racist too.

ChaosTheory

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »

It's a toss-up between Django Unchained and Moonrise Kingdom.
The runners-up:
Coriolanus
Argo
Expendables 2
Prometheus
The Raid: Redemption
The Avengers

But I still need to see Killer Joe and The Master.

UPDATE 1/8/13:
1. MOONRISE KINGDOM
2. DJANGO UNCHAINED
3. KILLER JOE
4. CORIOLANUS
5. PARANORMAN
6. ARGO
7. THE GREY
8. EXPENDABLES 2
9. PROMETHEUS
10. THE RAID: REDEMPTION
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:03:52 PM by ChaosTheory » Logged

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 02:05:37 PM »

Absentia
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »

its more racist too.
explain your reasoning.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »

1. LES MISERABLES

Burgo, I'm curious: have you seen the play?  I really love the stage version and am on the fence about whether I want to see it put to film or not. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Best of 2012 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.