Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:08:37 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Horror/Action Flick - Demons, witches, and stuff... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horror/Action Flick - Demons, witches, and stuff...  (Read 3728 times)
Animosity502
New Visitor

« on: December 28, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »

Last year I watched a movie on Netflix and can't remember the name of it.  I was a pretty good horror/action flick.

The movie took place in modern England or some place like that.  The premise was that a druid/witch cult were hunting a mother and her son.  There's a scene where the mother was about to get evicted from their apartment and she places a curse on the lady serving the notice and the lady wonders around lost.  The witch and warlocks battle with magic by killing birds.  The lady also paints celtic symbols all over their apartment in blood to keep them hidden from the celtic/druid/warlocks.

**Spoiler Alert**

By the end of them movie the son transforms into some demon/monster/grendel type creature and dies...

Its a great flick and think I want to watch it again but can't for the life of me remember the name of the movie.  Any help would be appreciated!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »

Sounds a lot like Outcast (2010)  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396219/

The review here: http://atemporarydistraction.com/2011/01/dvd-review-outcast-2010/  - describes it very much as you posted.
 "...contact with girls will unleash the beast that lurks within him...runes written in blood all over his walls...chase between magic-empowered hunter Cathal and Fergal’s mother Mary, who’s using her own Celtic mojo to keep her son hidden and protected. ... the Celtic mysticism plot is a repetitive series of gooey bird sacrifices..."

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Animosity502
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:30:40 PM »

That's it!  Thanks, you the man!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Horror/Action Flick - Demons, witches, and stuff... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.