Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:35:19 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Three movies? Glowing ball aliens, puppet computer, and a demon/priest showdown. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Three movies? Glowing ball aliens, puppet computer, and a demon/priest showdown.  (Read 13152 times)
larsbars
New Visitor

« on: December 30, 2012, 12:20:17 PM »

Help me if you can, guys! I've got three that I've searched for but are probably not popular enough to show up on many lists.

The first I don't have much to go off of, but my reference is specific enough that if you've seen the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about right away. It's a 80's-ish movie where balls of light from what I think is a UFO come into a family's house while they're sleeping and rest over one of the main character's wife and kids. The glowing balls suck away at the life-force of the wife and kids and leave their bodies dessicated (dryed out/mummified). At the end of the movie the glowing balls come back and the man gets his wife and kids back. I think maybe he's aged and they haven't in the time they've been gone.

The second should be easy too, if you know it. There's a college-aged/teenage girl with a giant computer in her room with a small hand-puppet attached to it. I think the puppet's name is Georgie, or something. He's in something like a little professor's outfit and has a high pitched voice. The girl has some people over and the super-computer/puppet kills them/zombifies them with flying metal balls that he controls.

The one I've had the most trouble with is set in the late 70's/80's/early 90's??? and has what I think were several college-aged or older friends going out somewhere in the countryside (could be wrong about the location) and being attacked by zombies that are controlled by a demonic priest... or something like that. I'm really fuzzy on the specifics. I do remember the male lead's friend showing off by doing a bunch of karate kicks to a soda can, keeping it in the air (this comes in later when karate kicking the zombies). I also remember the male lead having some kind of supernatural power that manifests itself at the end of the film in a showdown after all of the friends (except for the love interest) have been killed/turned into zombies. His head becomes white, hairless, and also maybe earless? This one has been bugging me since I was 12!

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »

#1 is Strange Invaders

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
larsbars
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

Awesome, akiratubo! Thanks!
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »

No.2 is NIGHTMARE WEEKEND http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091631/
larsbars
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »

Thanks Rayo! You guys are on fire!
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »

Re: No. 3 you should check out FEAR NO EVIL (81) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082367/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 and see if it rings any bells.
larsbars
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »

Fear No Evil is a really good guess but I don't think it's the one I'm thinking of. That scene with kicking the can is the one thing I'm 100% on and I don't think Fear No Evil has that. I also feel like the movie I'm talking about looks cheaper and older...
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »

#3 is "Demon Wind."  The guy in the magician's outfit does spin-kicks against a soda can, if my memory serves.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
larsbars
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 09:12:39 PM »

Demon Wind! Thanks Andrew! Solved in less than a day. Thanks again so much guys.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Three movies? Glowing ball aliens, puppet computer, and a demon/priest showdown. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.