Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:22:03 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FLIGHT (2012) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FLIGHT (2012)  (Read 3749 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: January 04, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »

I've always enjoyed Denzel Washington's film,and when Tina loaned me FLIGHT,I was hyped. I expected something good,but not great-well this is GREAT.
It concerns an airline pilot who saves a near fatal plane crash only to find out that it opens up a large can of worms-his substance abuse problem becomes an issue.
I can identify with the denial of a drug or alchohol problem very much. I know I have a problem, and recognize it.
Oh-the crash scene is a nail bitter! I never wanna get on a plane again.
This is a great movie that works on many levels,and I think Denzel should get an Oscar for this.
Regardless of my closeness of the subject matter-alchol abuse and lack of faith-which I also have an issue with (most drunks and druggies do)-it's a good movie,and Denzel does an excellent job....a great movie I highly recommend.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:19:16 AM »

I also enjoyed it.  Denzel will certainly get an Oscar nomination, but I think it will be tough for him to beat Daniel Day-Lewis. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:26:39 AM »

Daniel Day Lewis? For what film?
I need to see it,I reckon.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »

Daniel Day-Lewis is in LINCOLN (still in theaters, I think.)  He's probably a lock to win the Oscar unless Hugh Jackman gets caught up in a LES MIZ sweep.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »

Yeah, I saw this. This was a surprising good story,even the people of NOLA agreed: The theatre was packed! Buggedout

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »

Daniel Day-Lewis is in LINCOLN (still in theaters, I think.)  He's probably a lock to win the Oscar unless Hugh Jackman gets caught up in a LES MIZ sweep.

Being a Civil War freak,I need to see it.Lincoln is my favorite president. I need to see it.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »

RC - you will NOT be disappointed in LINCOLN.  It is my film of the year for 2012, even surpassing (as a lifelong Tolkein fan, this is very difficult for me!) THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY.  It inspired me to re-read Doris Kearnes Goodwin's TEAM OF RIVALS: THE POLITICAL GENIUS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, which is the best Lincoln book I have ever read.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 04:57:38 AM »

RC - you will NOT be disappointed in LINCOLN.  It is my film of the year for 2012, even surpassing (as a lifelong Tolkein fan, this is very difficult for me!) THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY.  It inspired me to re-read Doris Kearnes Goodwin's TEAM OF RIVALS: THE POLITICAL GENIUS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, which is the best Lincoln book I have ever read.
Im a major history buff-Im half way through William Shirer's THE RIS AND FALL OF THE THIRD REICH-dam-its huge-but so good! If you havent read it-being a history teacher,Ill bet you have-amazing.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 07:23:45 PM »

As already has been mentioned, the film is "Lincoln," and Daniel Day Lewis recently picked up a Golden Globe as Best Actor for his work in the film. Though, that was the only Golden Globe the film won, even though it was nominated for seven Golden Globes.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 05:50:30 PM »

As already has been mentioned, the film is "Lincoln," and Daniel Day Lewis recently picked up a Golden Globe as Best Actor for his work in the film. Though, that was the only Golden Globe the film won, even though it was nominated for seven Golden Globes.

I think it will win more at the Oscars.  I think Tommy Lee Jones will get one for Best Supporting Actor and it has a good shot in 3 or 4 other categories.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »

Discussing LINCOLN in a thread about FLIGHT?  Oh, I love forum dynamics.   BounceGiggle

I do want to see FLIGHT; it's one on my list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FLIGHT (2012) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.