Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:59:06 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sterotypes based off your location! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sterotypes based off your location!  (Read 10621 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »

I'm from New Orleans, and were do I begin?
-Black people are poor and illiterate (false)
-White people are super rich (false)
-Everyone is drunk (false, I myself, am sober TongueOut)
-We like to party (true!!!!!!! TeddyR)
-We are friendly (very much true. Smile)

I want to Viset New Orleands because it looks like an interesting place with all the Voodoo, witchcraft superstitions and Paranormal elements. And check out your gothic nightclubs and other nightclubs. !!! hahaha Also Aussies have that always drunk sterotype aswell... Now define 'Always' and I will tell you TongueOut)

New Jersey stereotypes:

*Everyone is in the Mob (false)

*Toxic waste dumps are hidden in everyone's backyards (well, that one might be sorta true...)

*We all worship Bruce Springsteen and/or Bon Jovi

*You are required by law to spend every summer weekend of your youth "down the shore" (Ummm... nope)

*The TV show "Jersey Shore" is an accurate portrayal of Jersey life (NO NO NO NO!!)

If I think of any more I'll add them later...

I think the show 'Jersy shore' has ruined Jersy shores reputation aswell as the IQ levels off many.

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 09:46:22 AM »

Everyone seems to think the sea is everywhere in RI. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »

Hippies.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
ChaosTheory

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 03:46:11 PM »

Well, last fall it kind of was.  (Too soon?)

The biggest misconception about South Dakota, that I've dealt with, is a surprising number of people seem to think DANCES WITH WOLVES is a documentary.  No, people, the members of the Sioux Nation are not still living in teepees out on the windswept prairie.  There's electricity here and everything.  Lookingup

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »

The biggest misconception about South Dakota, that I've dealt with, is a surprising number of people seem to think DANCES WITH WOLVES is a documentary.  No, people, the members of the Sioux Nation are not still living in teepees out on the windswept prairie.  There's electricity here and everything.  Lookingup

Dances With Wolves was and always will be a BIG favorite of mine.  SO epic. 

I always love the ending, where Rodney Grant is on horseback amid the snowy mountains, raising the spear above his head, shouting Kevin Costner's name over and over was so great. 

What a magnificent image that was, the way it used to before the Horse Cultures of the Great Plains passed into history  Bluesad
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 09:41:12 PM »

I always love the ending, where Rodney Grant is on horseback amid the snowy mountains, raising the spear above his head, shouting Kevin Costner's name over and over was so great. 

What a magnificent image that was, the way it used to before the Horse Cultures of the Great Plains passed into history  Bluesad

Man america is one interesting place!

major jay

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »

The Pittsburgh area.
Actually this is a pretty accurate depiction.

k_FpsF3puwU

Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 01:47:25 AM »

This may sound strange but I seem to be attracted to the parts off america that are either A) Hillbilly, redneck prone areas E.G. The south, Where trailer parks apparently are... Or B) South or non-South I seem to like crime ridden areas and stuff... Like L.A. "Interesting" parts off NewYork. Or whatever... They just have charector. And I get the hunch they do not have white collar, clean cup, upper cut, snobby ignorent. Coperate american types... Who the world hates not the gangsters or hillbillies... Believe it or not. xD

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »

After giving this some thought, I have to admit that many of the stereotypes about Canadians in my area are fairly true.  Sorry about that.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »

I was trying to debunk several stereotypes about the city of Philadelphia.

I can't, really. We're an angry little town.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, it's just led to me fielding a lot of asinine statements from tourists. 

This may sound strange but I seem to be attracted to the parts off america that are either A) Hillbilly, redneck prone areas E.G. The south, Where trailer parks apparently are... Or B) South or non-South I seem to like crime ridden areas and stuff... Like L.A. "Interesting" parts off NewYork. Or whatever... They just have charector. And I get the hunch they do not have white collar, clean cup, upper cut, snobby ignorent. Coperate american types... Who the world hates not the gangsters or hillbillies... Believe it or not. xD

I'm not attracted to the redneck-prone areas (I get enough of that where I live now) but I admit I am fascinated by both 1970s New York and the Prohibition-era gangster cities like Chicago.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sterotypes based off your location! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.