Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:46:12 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sterotypes based off your location! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sterotypes based off your location!  (Read 10461 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:22 AM »

There are true and false sterotypes based off everything. Cause every sterotype comes from some truth but people aswell as forgetting that, People forget that does not mean sterotypes are all set in stone fact!

It does not just seem to stop with your country it goes on to what part you are from! And then in that area you generalize what part people are from are like! Truthfully after living in the same place my whole life I know what part off the area someone comes from after meeting them for a moment. If not it is cause they moved a lot. And that is why when I can not tell I can tell they have moved a lot. And when I get on the internet all that complex sub-culture within and culture, with lingo and bizzar sterotypes are funny Australians use go out the window to ... "So ! Do you all really fight crocodiles!" >_< We have other sterotypes like we are drunks, Racists, rough people, are all 'fighting round the world' or really nice like Hugh Jackman. I will answer what sterotypes are true! But please tell me your thoughts and stories on this subject!

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:26:08 AM »

I'm from Minnesota in the USA and some people think that everybody here talks like they just got off the boat from Norway.  It just makes me say Uff da!  That is so not true!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:13:09 AM »

South African stereotypes are legion and most of them make me go a little  Hatred.

1. All South Africans are racist: not this one. My niece would agree with me.
2. Wild animals run loose in our streets. If you're unfortunate enough to be in the Pretoria city centre at night, you will meet some wild people but no four legged ones.
3. All South Africans are farmers etc. Nothing wrong with being a farmer (my uncle is one) but that is a generalization.
4. SA's are not friendly, honest and helpful people: not true. Meet me or just talk to me and find out how wrong this is.
5. All SA men are bronzed, muscular surfer types. I hate being in too much sun, I am terrified of deep water and the only muscle I have is in my head.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:22:55 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:14 AM »

In Ohio, nice folks with redneck ways.
Explains why one local writer said the Ohio state motto should be 'OHIO: You have a relative in West Virginia.'
I like to do accents, to liven up tghe old conversation. I do best with Brit, Scots and Irish, with some Russian thrown in where it fits.
If the Ohio accent were a color, it would be Beige.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 01:44:35 PM »

Oh,golly! There are so many stereotypes of fellow Texans. We all are gun-totin' fanatics...we have a beer in one hand and a scratch off ticket in the other... we are racists....we are all rednecks...we have a horse and a Chevy Subdivision.....we have spurs that jingle jangle jingle. The one that gets me so much is that we are all rich....in our dreams! TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:52:41 PM »

The one that gets me so much is that we are all rich....in our dreams! TeddyR

Well you all own oil wells, don't you?  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 01:56:10 PM »

LOL....I wish!  BounceGiggle

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 02:12:08 PM »

In Ohio, nice folks with redneck ways.
Explains why one local writer said the Ohio state motto should be 'OHIO: You have a relative in West Virginia.'
I like to do accents, to liven up tghe old conversation. I do best with Brit, Scots and Irish, with some Russian thrown in where it fits.
If the Ohio accent were a color, it would be Beige.

I'm originally from Ohio, so I'd agree, except that I'm a NorthCoaster, which means we do nothing but drink beer, smoke pot,  and fish for walleye. Oh, and root for loser teams like the Cleveland Idiots, the Clowns, and the Cadavers.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »

I'm from New Orleans, and were do I begin?
-Black people are poor and illiterate (false)
-White people are super rich (false)
-Everyone is drunk (false, I myself, am sober TongueOut)
-We like to party (true!!!!!!! TeddyR)
-We are friendly (very much true. Smile)

yeah no.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »

New Jersey stereotypes:

*Everyone is in the Mob (false)

*Toxic waste dumps are hidden in everyone's backyards (well, that one might be sorta true...)

*We all worship Bruce Springsteen and/or Bon Jovi

*You are required by law to spend every summer weekend of your youth "down the shore" (Ummm... nope)

*The TV show "Jersey Shore" is an accurate portrayal of Jersey life (NO NO NO NO!!)

If I think of any more I'll add them later...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:23:33 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »

Tracy nailed most of the Texas stereotypes. I remember when I joined the Navy in 1982, my Filipino Company Commander kept saying "The only thing that comes from Texas are steers and queers! Which are you??"  (My response: "Mooo, SIR!!!")

Then I was stationed in Japan.  Whenever the Japanese found out I was from Texas, they would usually say:
"Cowboy!! Bang bang!'
Occasionally, one would ask: "So who shot J.R.?"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 01:18:26 AM »

Well I live in Canada, Toronto specifically. So their are separate stereotypes for both.

Toronto
We think we're better than the rest of Canada. This is actually false we KNOW we are better than the rest of Canada.

Canada
We all love hockey. I don't care about it and neither do most of my friends.
We say Eh all the time. I have never heard any Canadian say this.
We're the best country in the world on every considerable criteria. Not a stereotype just pure fact!
Canadians are nice. While we are not generally unkind or mean I think we tend to be a bit stand offish and not that comfortable with random public interaction.
Drink Tim Hortons all the time. This is sadly mostly true, thankfully I live in Toronto and don't have to resort to drinking such terrible swill!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:26:03 AM by fulci420 » Logged
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 02:49:31 AM »

Tracy nailed most of the Texas stereotypes. I remember when I joined the Navy in 1982, my Filipino Company Commander kept saying "The only thing that comes from Texas are steers and queers! Which are you??"  (My response: "Mooo, SIR!!!")

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Occasionally, one would ask: "So who shot J.R.?"

Me do that.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »

LOL....I wish!  BounceGiggle

BounceGiggle Obviously whoever figured it out, Mined all known Oil Dry! Greed makes other people poor xD

Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 08:12:20 AM »

South African stereotypes are legion and most of them make me go a little  Hatred.

1. All South Africans are racist: not this one. My niece would agree with me.
2. Wild animals run loose in our streets. If you're unfortunate enough to be in the Pretoria city centre at night, you will meet some wild people but no four legged ones.
3. All South Africans are farmers etc. Nothing wrong with being a farmer (my uncle is one) but that is a generalization.
4. SA's are not friendly, honest and helpful people: not true. Meet me or just talk to me and find out how wrong this is.
5. All SA men are bronzed, muscular surfer types. I hate being in too much sun, I am terrified of deep water and the only muscle I have is in my head.

Well Trevor! Let me tell you this if a kangaroo or whatever was just hopping around the city, We would call animal services to rescure it, and people would be taking instagram photos to show everyone. And then it would make the evening news! That is how uncommon wild life in the city would be!! Every south african person I have met are lovely. Very friendly and awesome to be around. I have only met the nice people from  SA so far thought I am sure there are some bad eggs in that bunch. But I am happy with who I have met so far.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Sterotypes based off your location! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.