Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:36:56 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just got back from a screening of Miami Connection « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just got back from a screening of Miami Connection  (Read 2763 times)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 29, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »

Just got back from a screening of this film at a local theater, and it had to of been the most fun I've ever had in a theater. There is just something about ninja bikers fighting a tae quan dou New wave band that makes a movie amazing.

Everyone needs to see this movie. That's all I can really say. And the songs, oh the songs.
Small | Large

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »

I believe I just may have been at the same screening you were at - it was amazing!  Alamo Drafthouse is doing a run of this movie in November I believe for anyone that has one near them.  You can bet that I'll be going back...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »

I believe I just may have been at the same screening you were at - it was amazing!  Alamo Drafthouse is doing a run of this movie in November I believe for anyone that has one near them.  You can bet that I'll be going back...

Actually, I just noticed the date on your post - my showing was on Tuesday the 25th, so I guess I wasn't at the same screening, but still a blast nonetheless...  The director and a bunch of the actors were there as well!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »

Yeah mine was a different one, no actors or director. But that didn't stop it from being amazing.

dafunck
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 05:28:50 AM »

First off, this is one of the most enjoyable and difficult to watch moves I have ever seen. The basic premise; A gang of motorcycle riding, drug dealing Ninjas are wreaking havoc in Miami with their "stupid cocaine". It's up to a multinational, Tae Kwon Do, synth-rock band to take it to the streets.

The acting if you can call it that is beyond cringe worthy (yet somehow still great) and the action scenes are appalling (yet somehow still great). I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen this gem, but it ranks up there with some of the best B-Movies I have ever seen; The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak, Gymkata, The Stuff & Blood Diner.
You'll laugh, vomit (The bit where the black dude starts bawling about his dad leaving him mum when he was a child) and cry (with more laughter).

10/10 for sheer awesomeness
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 06:37:41 AM »

You'll laugh, vomit

Buggedout BuggedoutTeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I just googled that: It. Looks. Horrible. And. Awful.

I want a copy.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:32:31 AM »

First off, this is one of the most enjoyable and difficult to watch moves I have ever seen. The basic premise; A gang of motorcycle riding, drug dealing Ninjas are wreaking havoc in Miami with their "stupid cocaine". It's up to a multinational, Tae Kwon Do, synth-rock band to take it to the streets.

If this synopsis doesn't make you want to see it, then nothing will!

You'll laugh, vomit

Buggedout Buggedout +  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I just googled that: It. Looks. Horrible. And. Awful.

I want a copy.  TeddyR

Just got released on blu-ray/DVD this past Tuesday...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:35:19 AM by JayJayM12 » Logged

major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 05:53:47 AM »

Agree with everything you guys have said.
I purchased the blu-ray (13.95 at Amazon) and watched it yesterday. It's eighties cheese at its finest.
The thing about it is it's so sincere about its message, and not done tongue in cheek at all. Loved it! Thumbup Thumbup
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:57:00 AM by major jay » Logged

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 02:50:34 AM »

Agree with everything you guys have said.
I purchased the blu-ray (13.95 at Amazon) and watched it yesterday. It's eighties cheese at its finest.
The thing about it is it's so sincere about its message, and not done tongue in cheek at all. Loved it! Thumbup Thumbup

Dang, I gotta get the Blu-Ray.

The Korean/Black guy has to be the best character in a movie ever.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just got back from a screening of Miami Connection « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.