Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:28:02 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  2013 Oscar Nominations « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 2013 Oscar Nominations  (Read 21467 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:33 AM »

Ok so DKR is just a stupid comic book movie, there's nothing wrong with that but that's not the kind of movie that the Oscar's needs to recognize. The Dark Knight was arguably a smart comic book movie and that didn't need recognition either. Also the script for DKR was atrocious and the idea of that getting a nomination is pure insanity.

Yeah, because everything you don't like is instantly stupid  Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup
I told you there's nothing wrong with liking it, lots of 12 years old's did as well. Unfortunately they do not make up the Academy otherwise DKR and The Avengers would totally sweep dude!

Well whatever you think should win I'm deeming incredibly stupid. How does that feel jackass?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 10:30:06 AM »

Easy lads, no need to get worked up about it. People like (and hate) different movies and it's no big deal.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »

People like (and hate) different movies and it's no big deal.

Agree.

Since 2000, I've seen only four Best Picture winners, and NONE of them in the year they were released.

The Academy does not choose "Best Picture" in some transcendental sense...it's their opinion according to their criteria. Means nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 11:26:33 AM »

Ok so DKR is just a stupid comic book movie, there's nothing wrong with that but that's not the kind of movie that the Oscar's needs to recognize. The Dark Knight was arguably a smart comic book movie and that didn't need recognition either. Also the script for DKR was atrocious and the idea of that getting a nomination is pure insanity.

Yeah, because everything you don't like is instantly stupid  Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup Lookingup
I told you there's nothing wrong with liking it, lots of 12 years old's did as well. Unfortunately they do not make up the Academy otherwise DKR and The Avengers would totally sweep dude!

Well whatever you think should win I'm deeming incredibly stupid. How does that feel jackass?
If you actually think that's an acceptable or even halfway intelligent response then it doesn't surprise me that you think DKR deserves an oscar. You're response to DKR being childish is to name call? Wow I guess you made my point for me.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 11:52:36 AM »

If you actually think that's an acceptable or even halfway intelligent response then it doesn't surprise me that you think DKR deserves an oscar. You're response to DKR being childish is to name call? Wow I guess you made my point for me.

The rest of us don't want to hear you two exchange personal insults. Please stop and get back on topic or you may get the thread locked. PMs are available for personal bickering.

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:47 PM »

Come on Paperman for Best Animated Short!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »

This is why Jessica Chastain shouldn't win for ZDT
Small | Large
ChaosTheory

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:48:20 PM »

Cripes, I knew I shouldn't have asked. 

Ah Oscar season, this is like my Superbowl!

I'm not surprised McConaughey didn't get nominated for KILLER JOE, but it's still not right.

I'm not surprised by it either, or of Cabin in the Woods [wasn't it released in 2011 meaning it missed out on last year's noms?] but its still a shame.  I imagine the highlights reel for Killer Joe wouldn't have been eligible to air since all his good work is mind-bending batcrap crazy in that film.

Yep, that one was pretty much an impossible sell.  But it really is a shame.

I'm gunning for Roger Deakins as cinematographer on Skyfall.  That film was crazy beautiful.

I'm betting LIFE OF PI is going to pick up all the tech/visual awards, as it was gorgeous and Ang Lee is an "oscar-friendly" artist.  (I'd like to see PROMETHEUS win for visual effects but the movie itself was awfully devisive so that probably won't happen.  And the Academy just seems to hate Roger Deakins and I really don't get why.)

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 06:42:41 AM »

I am stoked that a film that I assisted on (if only marginally) was nominated for Best Documentary Feature.

Give it up for Underpants: The Final Thread!   Buggedout Buggedout

Ermm... I meant Searching For SugarmanCheers Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 10:00:06 AM »

I am stoked that a film that I assisted on (if only marginally) was nominated for Best Documentary Feature.

Give it up for Underpants: The Final Thread!   Buggedout Buggedout

Ermm... I meant Searching For SugarmanCheers Cheers

How did you assist on SUGARMAN, Trev?

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »

How did you assist on SUGARMAN, Trev?

In March 2009, I took a call from the film's director regarding possible footage in the archives, including footage of Rodriguez on his 1998 tour and the usual stuff that foreign filmmakers seem to want. I advised on where he could get the tour footage (there is a documentary called Dead Men Don't Tour which deals with this tour) and the usual stuff footage: a few calls and emails later, my work on the film was done. I remember this well as it was the last enquiry we received before we had to move out.

As I said, marginally, but I'm proud of the film and the very tiny hand I had in it, as I am in most productions I assist on.  Smile
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:16:56 AM by TREVOR » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »

Of course, the Academy Awards have yet to be awarded, but if you look at the nominations vs. the Golden Globe winners, I think we'll find that the Golden Globes are the better indicator of the "best" of 2012.

Well, that muddied the waters. Instead of awarding the best animated film to "Frankenweenie" or "Wreck-It-Ralph," as some film societies have done, the Golden Globe was given to "Brave." Now all three films are up for an Academy Award for Best Animated Film. It may be that "Brave" got the award over the two, because the Golden Globes are for the most part voted on by the foreign press, and "Brave" may be one of those American films that work better overseas than here at home.

It is also proof, that while Disney/Pixar have gotten such much needed competition over the past few years, they still dominate the field of animation with three of the five films nominated.

That is not to say that one of the three will win, for when there is more than one nomination in the same award category from the same film or studio, the multiple nominations will split the vote, and the unexpected, such as "Paranorman" will win.

And "Paperman" is also a product from Disney/Pixar, and unlike animated films, it has been a long time since one of their animated shorts was a nominee.

Of course, we shall see what we shall see the evening of the Academy Award broadcast on ABC.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »

Crossing my fingers that Life of Pi will win the Best Picture of the Year, though I really doubt that it will- historic films tend to win that.

yeah no.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »

Another snub that I noticed (at least, in my opinion) was John Hawkes for Best Actor in The Sessions.  They nominated Helen Hunt, but Hawkes is excellent...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 07:32:15 PM »

Saw Silver Linings Playbook today, and now understand why it got so many nominations. The trailers made this look like a run of the mill rom com, and on a surface level it kind of is but the writing/acting/directing brings it to the level of one of the finest films of 2012. So good to see De Niro doing some great work, but the entire cast is pretty fantastic. Never would have expected Bradley Cooper to deliver one of the performances of the year as other work of his has not really struck me as anything special. Jennifer Lawrence is also excellent and deserves the Oscar over Chastain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  2013 Oscar Nominations « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.