Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:55 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Guess whats on Telle right now! Watchmen! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guess whats on Telle right now! Watchmen!  (Read 3018 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« on: January 24, 2013, 05:28:38 AM »

I know this movie has already been disscussed many times off this forum. But I just bring it up cause it is on TV right now, the movie just came past the funeral off the comedian, and flashbacks off the comedian being an idiot in his life time.

Anything memorable about this movie worth mentioning!

+Living_Dead_Girl+

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:07:19 AM »

I love Watchmen. Despite how stylistic it can be at times (Zac Snyder makes some great visuals but the slow mo can come off empty at times) the story on the while is much more detailed than other superhero fare (and by that I mean the green lanterns and fantastic fours of the world)

Rorschach is a great character and Jackie Earle Hayley nailed it.  I may also be causing Alan Moore great heartache as well by saying this but the changes they made to the ending worked a treat as well: it made the story arc feel a bit more complete.

Anyways, love it! Snyder is best when adapting others material as it gives him a bit more focus than when he makes his own content. Cough sucker punch cough.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »

I never saw the theatrical version, but I bought the DVD of the super-duper extended cut (I believe it runs somewhere between 5 and 6 hours).  I really enjoyed it.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 07:18:27 PM »

I love Watchmen. Despite how stylistic it can be at times (Zac Snyder makes some great visuals but the slow mo can come off empty at times) the story on the while is much more detailed than other superhero fare (and by that I mean the green lanterns and fantastic fours of the world)

Rorschach is a great character and Jackie Earle Hayley nailed it.  I may also be causing Alan Moore great heartache as well by saying this but the changes they made to the ending worked a treat as well: it made the story arc feel a bit more complete.

Anyways, love it! Snyder is best when adapting others material as it gives him a bit more focus than when he makes his own content. Cough sucker punch cough.

What you said about the creator being super stylistic and the story being there for empty. I feel it can make the movies come off as pretentious. Although I do prefer movies with good visuals. Because when movie makers neglect that visual aspect off film making I think they are throwing out a very crutial and important part off film making... Cause films cater to what you see, hear, feel inside, the visuals right there is not in most forums off story telling. So why not use to the stories advantage? He does make a lot off comic books come alive in his work, he now has a major geek/nerd following cause off this... that is a big following!

I never saw the theatrical version, but I bought the DVD of the super-duper extended cut (I believe it runs somewhere between 5 and 6 hours).  I really enjoyed it.

I do not like it when they cut out awesome scenes! then again they need to cater to marketing and cenima needs etc!

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
ChaosTheory

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »

WATCHMEN was problematic story-wise, but I still enjoyed it.  I thought Rorschach & Night Owl in particular were really well-cast and the extended cut definitely works better than the theatrical cut.

And say whatever you want about the rest of the movie, but those opening credits were brilliant.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
major jay

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:42:05 PM »

And say whatever you want about the rest of the movie, but those opening credits were brilliant.
The Kennedy assassination scene was a knockout.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:35:30 PM »

I love this film. Jackie Earle Haley is a favorite actor of mine. He was good in Watchmen, Bad News Bears (original), Nightmare on Elm Street remake, etc.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Archivist

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 02:08:59 AM »

"I'm not locked up in here with you, you're locked up in here with ME!"

Best line in the whole movie.  Sheer awesomeness.  That, and where the couple takes out the band of muggers, that is priceless.

What I found a bit perplexing, though, was how all the superheroes (minus one) were normal humans, yet capable of punching through masonry and wall tiling without hurting their hands.  Kind of like The Dark Knight Rises, which is supposed to be realistic, and yet has Bane punching holes in rendered columns with his bare hands.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Guess whats on Telle right now! Watchmen! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.