Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:20:30 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movie Battle #4: Hell of the Living Dead (1980) vs. Nightmare City (1980) « previous next »
Poll
Question: vote
Hell of the Living Dead (1980) - 3 (33.3%)
Nightmare City (1980) - 6 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bad Movie Battle #4: Hell of the Living Dead (1980) vs. Nightmare City (1980)  (Read 3955 times)
claws
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:34:32 AM »

vs

Spaghetti Splatter Battle: the Living Dead in the jungle or the Running Dead in the City?
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:22:27 AM »

Nightmare City all the way. Nuttiest zombie movie I've seen. I really didn't like Hell Of The Living Dead.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
major jay

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:05:48 AM »

HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD is a fun flick, but it can't hold a candle to NIGHTMARE CITY.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:06 AM »

I can't really vote cuz I've never seen Hell of the Living Dead, but I love, Love, LOVE Nightmare City!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »

I can't really vote cuz I've never seen Hell of the Living Dead, but I love, Love, LOVE Nightmare City!
what I was about to say...

wouldn't be right to vote without having seen both...although I did vote on the other one based on 'hottest female star', without having seen either  TeddyR

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 07:52:17 AM »

s**t smeared face zombies  running fast and drinking blood! NIGHTMARE CITY baby!  hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 01:09:58 AM »

I just watched Nightmare city.  I think the film was average.  There wasn't strong characters so when the carnage happens I could really care less who lived or died.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »

I just watched Nightmare city.  I think the film was average.  There wasn't strong characters so when the carnage happens I could really care less who lived or died.
Oh well, maybe you're looking too deeply into it? The cheese and fake gore and complete unexplained randomness was the appeal for me.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 05:32:45 AM »

Oh well, maybe you're looking too deeply into it? The cheese and fake gore and complete unexplained randomness was the appeal for me.

What he said!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 02:16:25 AM »

What he said!

don't get me wrong.  A zombie attack coming with a plane with no warning is a good idea.  But you need a main character to care about.  If it is just some random unshaved guy from the 70s, the movie won't pull you in.  I think the movie would have been alot better with a strong lead.

major jay

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »

But you need a main character to care about.  If it is just some random unshaved guy from the 70s, the movie won't pull you in.  I think the movie would have been alot better with a strong lead.
PLEASE, Hugo Stiglitz gives an awesome bad acting performance.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 08:13:21 AM »

I can finally vote on this now since I saw "Hell of the Living Dead" last night on YouTube. It was mildly entertaining, but nowhere near as batsh*t insane as "Nightmare City." The constant stock footage interruptions got really annoying after a while.

In the battle of Eurotrash zombie cheez, "Nightmare City" wins hands down.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »

I can finally vote on this now since I saw "Hell of the Living Dead" last night on YouTube.
thanks for the heads up, might check this out later... movies on YT seem to get uploaded and pulled all the time. kicked myself for not watching a few movies when I found them, then they're deleted when I go back the next day

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 12:33:49 PM »

thanks for the heads up, might check this out later... movies on YT seem to get uploaded and pulled all the time. kicked myself for not watching a few movies when I found them, then they're deleted when I go back the next day

Yeah, you gotta get'em while they're hot! Same thing has happened to me a couple of times, I'll see a movie listed on YouTube and I'll say, "Oh cool, I wanna see that one, I'll have to check that out later," and when I get back to it later... poof. Haha. Hope that this one sticks around long enough for you to check it out!  TeddyR

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »

I'm about 1 hr in now, don't think this is going to top Nightmare City tbh. had a few laughs at the acting/dubbing/script though  Smile

the section with the tribe in the jungle is just beyond random?!  started to drag on a bit now... Nightmare City wins

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad Movie Battle #4: Hell of the Living Dead (1980) vs. Nightmare City (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.