Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:25:12 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Spirit of a boy controls a spaceship « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spirit of a boy controls a spaceship  (Read 3694 times)
ratatouille
New Visitor

« on: January 27, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »

I've been trying to come up with the name of this movie for years. Or maybe it was an episode of some sci-fi show? The plot involves a spaceship that is a luxury craft- like an intergalactic cruise ship. There's a computer that runs the ship and talks to passengers- like a nice version of HAL. It's revealed that the computer is actually the captive spirit of a person- I think maybe a young boy- who was duped into it. The rube was told they would be able to explore the galaxy in the name of science but instead this incarcerated human spirit is doomed to making sure everyone's coffee is kept warm on a cruise ship.
ratatouille
New Visitor

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 12:01:34 AM »

Also: it's late 70's/ early 80's.
darius
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:49:18 AM »

Not exactly the same but similar to Nightflyers (1987).  A young man is basically imprisoned on a passenger spaceship and controls the ship along with an evil computer.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »

Not exactly the same but similar to Nightflyers (1987).  A young man is basically imprisoned on a passenger spaceship and controls the ship along with an evil computer.

I immediately thought of "Nightflyers" as well. It has been years since I watched it, but I remember the movie having a horror/thriller feel.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ratatouille
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55:53 AM »

Nope, that's not it.  An excellent guess- I just watched the [terrible] movie Nightflyers and it definitely had some of the elements I described.  But my film had a poignant and bittersweet moment at the end when someone is essentially having a conversation with the boy/spaceship and the boy talks about how he wanted to explore the stars but he's trapped in this ship.  Nightflyers, on the other hand, ends in explosions.  I think my film was a bit slower paced than this one.  Not so actioney, more like a sci-fi drama.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »

Maybe the '80s Disney flick, Flight of the Navigator?

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 10:31:35 PM »

I'm willing to bet it's either a made-for-tv film or an episode of a sci fi series. I'd see if you can't dig up lists of sci fi movies of the week and maybe something will pop. Will keep looking...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Spirit of a boy controls a spaceship « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.