Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:46:09 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite MANIAC COP movie? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which is your fave MC?
"Maniac Cop" (1988) - 2 (40%)
"Maniac Cop 2" (1990) - 3 (60%)
"Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence" (1993) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite MANIAC COP movie?  (Read 2668 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 07, 2013, 01:34:35 PM »

I just watched "Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence" last night for the first time in quite a few years and I'm reflecting back on how much I enjoyed all three of the films in the series...but which one is the best? Here's my take on the MC trilogy:

Small | Large

The original (1988) has a nice, sleazy low budget feel to it. It also stars Bruce Campbell, and of course he's always fun to watch, even when he's not in looney-tune "Ash" mode. Killer cop "Matt Cordell" is a suitably mean mo-fo, even if the make up job on him is kinda laughable when it's finally revealed in close up.

Small | Large

"Maniac Cop 2" (1990) benefits from a slightly higher budget so the makeup on "Matt Cordell" is a lot nastier/more realistic this time out. Campbell doesn't even survive the first reel, but Robert D'avi comes in to save the day as two fisted, all guns blazing Detective McKinney in his place. MC2 raises the bar in every way possible over the original. It's one of those rare sequels that improves on its predecessor.

Small | Large

"Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence" (1993) continues with the balls-out action and over the top carnage from "2," but the story is a bit of a mess this time out. Cordell is almost like a background character in his own movie. Apparently director William Lustig bailed on this one sometime in the middle of filming so another guy finished the movie, which may explain its meandering nature and several plot holes. Still a fun watch due to the massive amounts of gratutious violence. It may not be totally coherent, but it's never boring.

My vote is for "Maniac Cop 2," so what's your fave? In the immortal words of Matt Cordell, "FINISH IT!"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »

I agree! Part 2 is balls to the wall action! And Leo Rossi as the serial killer is over the top fun!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »

Leo Rossi as the serial killer is over the top fun!

I remember when I first saw "MC2" years 'n' years ago, the Leo Rossi character drove me crazy cuz I knew that I knew him from somewhere but couldn't place him. Of course there was no Internet back then and therefore no IMDb, so it was YEARS before I finally figured out that he'd played "Bud," the jack-off paramedic in "Halloween II."

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:20:41 AM »

This is like asking whether I'd rather have chicken pox or mumps.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »

There's another huge point in Maniac Cop 2's favor. 

The Maniac Cop rap. 

Small | Large

Set him on fire, I shoot him with an uzi
but he'll show up in your jacuzzi
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 03:25:35 PM »

Ouch!

There's another huge point in Maniac Cop 2's favor.

The Maniac Cop rap.  

Bwahahahahahaha!! Indeed, the Maniac Cop rap is awesome in its badness. ("You have the right to an undertakerrrrrr....")

The only end-credit rap song that even comes close to its majesty is the one at the end of "Waxwork 2: Lost in Time."  TeddyR

Small | Large

Sample lyric: "Lost in time, like a bug in a jar. No matter where you go, YO, there you are!" - sheer poetry. Smile
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:27:55 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 04:14:20 AM »

An interesting fact: when adults get the mumps their cheeks dont swell-their balls do!
When I went to the hospital for spinal meningitis a few years back-somehow I contracted the mumps while in the hospital-my ball sack blew up to the size of a softball-REALLY. From the f**king mumps! The MUMPS! Buggedout

Look it up. Its true.

Oh- I dont know what happens to adult women when the get the mumps...mebbe they grow big tits....I dunno! If so...I wanna mumps girl!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:20:21 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »

The original Maniac Cop is still my favorite. The 2nd one though is dumb guilty pleasure fun too. Is the 3rd film the one where actually kills somebody with an X-ray machine?

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:21:54 PM »

Is the 3rd film the one where actually kills somebody with an X-ray machine?

Yep, that's the one. And the X-Ray victim is played by none other than Robert Forster!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite MANIAC COP movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.