Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:44:25 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Behind-the-Scenes Fun Facts « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Behind-the-Scenes Fun Facts  (Read 2389 times)
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 29, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »

Some of these I already knew about, but still pretty cool:
http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_519_30-mind-blowing-true-facts-about-famous-movie-scenes/?view=article

Lesson for today: don't mess with Joe Pesci or Christopher Lee. SOBs are hardcore. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »

Nice. And thanks.

And here are some more that people might find interesting.

#30 "Alien" is not the first time that little people were used in place of full grown people. In "Alien" it was children. In "Casablanca" it was midgets. In the scene where you see the crew working on the plane. Midgets were used.

#26 Not the first time that a boy has stepped in to replace a girl. In "Kick-Ass" Chloe Grace Moretz's stunt double was a 15-year-old boy named Greg Townley. He can be more easily spotted as Number 3 in the film "I Am Number 4."

#16 Geoffrey Rush had a great saying, when asked about his work in "Pirates of the Caribbean." He said: (and this is a paraphrase) "'Shine' made me an Oscar winner, but "Pirates of the Caribbean" made me famous, because it made me an audioanimatronic figure in the Disney theme parks."

#13 Michelle Pfeiffer was not the only one to have troubles with a tight costume. So did Jeri Ryan who played 7 of 9 in the TV series "Star Trek: Voyager." Her costume was so tight on the show, that whenever she had to go to the ladies' room, they had to stop shooting for the day till she got out of her costume and then back into it. She said she got around this problem by not imbibing any liquids tilll the shooting was over for the day.

Again thanks.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »

As long as we're talking fun facts...

Die Hard was based on a book.  The original book was actually a sequel to another book called The Detective, which was made into a movie starring Frank Sinatra in the 60s.  Sinatra's contract actually gave him the right to reprise the role in the sequel, so he was actually offered the lead role in Die Hard, even though he was in his 70s at the time. 

After Sinatra passed, the role was offered to Arnold Schwarzenegger, then Sylvester Stallone, then Burt Reynolds, then Richard Gere, then Harrison Ford, then Mel Gibson before Willis got it.

The screenplay for the movie was written as a sequel to Commando. 

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »

And this is what I was trying to remember from yesterday. Christopher Lee was not the only real-life James Bond, so was Patrick Macnee, which may be why he so hated the character, and not holding its creator, Ian Fleming, in much higher regard. Saying about him (and this is a paraphrase) "This was written by a man who spent the entire war behind a desk." Continuing, and though he does not directly say, he ever killed someone, he did say (again paraphrasing) "I know what it is like to kill a man, and what it is like is not like how it is written in the book."

His dislike of the character and its creator however did not prevent him from appearing in the James Bond film "A View to a Kill."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 04:10:31 AM »

Die Hard was based on a book.  The original book was actually a sequel to another book called The Detective, which was made into a movie starring Frank Sinatra in the 60s.  Sinatra's contract actually gave him the right to reprise the role in the sequel, so he was actually offered the lead role in Die Hard, even though he was in his 70s at the time.  

After Sinatra passed, the role was offered to Arnold Schwarzenegger, then Sylvester Stallone, then Burt Reynolds, then Richard Gere, then Harrison Ford, then Mel Gibson before Willis got it.

The book is called Nothing Lasts Forever written by Roderick Thorp. It is a really brutal book with some frightening killings, especially when Joe Leland (the John McClane character) kills a young female terrorist.  Buggedout
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:13:15 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 01:44:39 PM »

Die Hard was based on a book.  The original book was actually a sequel to another book called The Detective, which was made into a movie starring Frank Sinatra in the 60s.  Sinatra's contract actually gave him the right to reprise the role in the sequel, so he was actually offered the lead role in Die Hard, even though he was in his 70s at the time. 

Ah, interesting.  I knew it was based on a novel, but didn't realize it was technically a sequel. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 01:51:29 PM »

80's Stallone film Cobra has some great behind the scenes stuff. From imdb.

"When Sylvester Stallone was signed to play the lead in Beverly Hills Cop, he did a lot of work on the screenplay, turning it into an action extravaganza that the studio couldn't afford. He eventually left Beverly Hills Cop and channeled his ideas for that project into this movie."

"The Paula Gosling novel 'Fair Game' on which "Cobra" is based is also called 'A Running Duck'. When the movie came out Sylvester Stallone allegedly wanted the novel reissued with himself credited as the author. Ms. Gosling declined the offer."
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »

I like how Ted White, who played the murderous Jason in Friday The 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter, demonstrated some serious heart when a "victim" got hypothermia from being in a cold lake, and she started crying, and he threatened to quit the film if she was not treated fairly.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Behind-the-Scenes Fun Facts « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.