Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:35:33 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The best video game cheats/hints/passwords/codes/tricks of all time! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The best video game cheats/hints/passwords/codes/tricks of all time!  (Read 5595 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« on: January 31, 2013, 12:27:16 AM »

One I found really helpful:
RYGAR (NES)

Here you need a turbo controller.
Stand near a bottomless pit.  Hold A and B on turbo setting.  Your guy will flicker as he's rapidly flinging his weapon and trying to jump at the same time.  Now walk off the cliff.  You'll very slowly float down through the bottom of the screen and reappear at the top!  You can easily get around certain areas with this cheat, or get stuck in certain glitched areas.  Just don't let enemies hit you on the way down during the trick, or let go of the turbo buttons, or you'll die.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »

The only one that I've ever found on my own was while playing Plants vs Zombies: I was playing with the keys on my PC and all of a sudden, the zombies grew mustaches.  TeddyR

I must have typed in mustache and there you go.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:23:40 AM »

Yep, that's exactly what you do: type in mustache or moustache.

Another trick:
This is on the great Bases Loaded for the NES:
I pick the best offensive club, Jersey.  I then pick I believe Rose.  I pitch the same each time: press the button to wind up, then as his leg is up, press down/right.  Strike every time!  You have to change to another pitcher that has the same exact stance on the mound at 5 2/3 innings, and to another for the 9th.  But a no-hitter is guaranteed!
Also, an easy way to steal home from 3rd: Steal during a pitch.  If it's a strike/ball move back to 3rd after the umpire makes the call and IMMEDIATELY as the catcher throws it to 3rd, run to home.  You should run past the catcher and get the score.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:08:30 AM »

Fun with CHeats:

From GTA San Andreas

Spawn a goddamn tank!
PS2: Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L1, L2, R1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle
PC: aiwprton

Flying cars:
PS2: Square, Down, L2, Up, L1, Circle, Up, X, Left, Up, Down, L1, R1, L1, Right, Left, L1, Left
PC: ripazha / chittychittybangbang

Cars drive on water:
PS2: Right, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Square, R1, R2

From GTA Vice City:

Spawn a goddamn tank!
PS2: Circle, Circle, L1, Circle, Circle, Circle, L1, L2, R1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle

From GTA III:

Spawn a goddamn tank!

GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas had the same code.  TongueOut

yeah no.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »

This isn't really a cheat and it isn't very clever, but I remember it well.  Years ago, I had an early version of Madden Football (I think it may have been for a Nintendo system around the mid 1990s).  There was one play that would gain a lot of yardage almost every time you used it.  I believe it was a screen pass to a wide receiver.  It seemed like there was hardly ever a defender in the area and the receiver would catch the pass and run 40 or 50 yards before being tackled.  When I discovered this, it was fun for awhile because I'd keep scoring.  Every once in awhile (probably less than 10% of the time) the guy would drop the pass or only get a 3 or 4 yard gain out of it.  After awhile, I set a house rule that it was illegal to use that play more than once in each half of the game.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »

This isn't really a cheat and it isn't very clever, but I remember it well.  Years ago, I had an early version of Madden Football (I think it may have been for a Nintendo system around the mid 1990s).  There was one play that would gain a lot of yardage almost every time you used it.  I believe it was a screen pass to a wide receiver.  It seemed like there was hardly ever a defender in the area and the receiver would catch the pass and run 40 or 50 yards before being tackled.  When I discovered this, it was fun for awhile because I'd keep scoring.  Every once in awhile (probably less than 10% of the time) the guy would drop the pass or only get a 3 or 4 yard gain out of it.  After awhile, I set a house rule that it was illegal to use that play more than once in each half of the game.

Seems like I remember something similar from the old Atari 2600 football, but it would have been early-mid 1980's, not 90's.  There was one play that "just worked," even with the defenders set to be able to outrun the offense.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
retrorussell

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:49:09 PM »

I had the first few Maddens for the Genesis.  With a turbo controller and pressing down you can kick the ball and miraculously recieve an onside kick!  Cheaters DO prosper!

Not a trick, but you had to love the killer ambulances from '92.  The local hospital must be really hard up for patients.

Another trick: Kid Niki for the NES.. fairly unremarkable, unless you look for the secret levels!  Got a video for all the areas and how to find them.
Small | Large

retrorussell

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 08:40:38 PM »

I can't have this thread without the Konami code!
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A and Start.

On 2-player simultaneous games you can perform the code and press Select just before Start to give BOTH players the code benefits.

Pacman000
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »

I found this useful:
Small | Large
dean

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:04 PM »

In terms of glitches that my brother and I found growing up, especially with sports games:

Gameboy tennis: If you're serving, toss the ball up and deliberately miss the ball, then walk under it, making it hit you in the head.  It will award you the point.

One of the early fifa games on PS2: if you're on the wing and cross it into the box and do a scissor kick it will ALWAYS go in.

We had to ban each other from doing those plays when we played against each other otherwise physical violence will no doubt ensue.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
retrorussell

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 12:24:08 AM »

The "Turtle 1up trick" in Super Mario Bros. is a great way to increase lives.
Small | Large

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 04:48:09 AM »

Gameboy tennis: If you're serving, toss the ball up and deliberately miss the ball, then walk under it, making it hit you in the head.  It will award you the point.

I wonder what John McEnroe would say about that?  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Bushma

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 05:27:48 AM »

While Playing Type

IDDQD - God Mode
IDKFA - All Weapons, Full Ammo, and All Keys
IDCLIP - Walk through walls

Works with Doom 2 as well.

Press "MIL" at the same time to get all weapons, full ammo and keys

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
retrorussell

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »

Some great Double Dragon NES tricks:
The Chinese guys with mop haircuts can be a pain until you knock one down.  Then stand on his feet and just wail on the punch button as they get up.  They'll never break away!
Sometimes if you fell an enemy carrying a weapon, you can pick it back up as they flash (dead) for the 4th time and the weapon will stay with you (and often change into something else).  Use this on the first Chinese guy (boss) at the end of level 2.  Or you can avoid him entirely by climbing the structure until he appears, then climb back down the ladders.  You'll automatcially advance to the next level!
Also on level 2, near the beginning, cross over the pit, beat the bat-carrying hooligan, and wander by the pipes past the fence.  Back off when one of the guys (the one with the dynamite) approach towards your end of the pipes, go back up the fence and walk back towards the first fence.  Now return to the pipes.  Where the dynamite guy was, he has disappeared but you can attack where he was for points!

VenomX73

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 02:25:08 PM »

I can't have this thread without the Konami code!
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A and Start.

The 1 and only! LEGENDARY.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The best video game cheats/hints/passwords/codes/tricks of all time! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.