Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:02 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  North Korean propaganda « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: North Korean propaganda  (Read 23421 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2013, 02:08:42 AM »

I got propaganda for all of them.
Its called an ATOM BOMB.

Small | Large

We all just wanna kill each other? Fast-easy. Quit playing with our dicks-DO IT,p***yS!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:10:57 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »

The scariest are societies who go from civilization to regression. That's one of the themes of Discovery of Freedom: that the growth of government was not "progressive" it was a return to barbarism.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2013, 05:18:54 PM »

I find that to be the fundamental flaw of libertarianism.  Without government, you have anarchy, and anarchy has never yet proven to be a good thing.  I believe in LIMITED government, but I do believe in having rules and clear consequences for violating them.  I also believe in massively retaliating against those who murder our citizens for no good reason.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »

Her thesis wasn't all or nothing like that. It had to do with what was going on in the world at the time, which was individual , family, community etc  power being sublimated to governments. People felt that was the way civilization was headed. She was saying no, It was in free societies that human beings discovered how to harness their creative/ individual energies. What the communists are doing isn't new, it very very old. early pagan sort of peoples believed their leaders were Gods and that their lives were determined by fate.

This was post Great Depression when people were clamoring for collectivism. She wasn't an Emma Goldman type person
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 11:37:45 PM »

Well, I don't remember who produced this documentary on North Korea I watched. I think it was National Geographic.

This is the one.  I watched it on cable not too long ago.

Small | Large
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 07:33:47 AM »

I find that to be the fundamental flaw of libertarianism.  Without government, you have anarchy, and anarchy has never yet proven to be a good thing.  I believe in LIMITED government, but I do believe in having rules and clear consequences for violating them.  I also believe in massively retaliating against those who murder our citizens for no good reason.

Isn't the original premise of Anarchism (and subsequently Libertarianism) that the basic goodness of human nature will prevail and we will all be good to each other, given the chance (freedom)?  That we don't need to be constrained to behave acceptably by laws and their enforcement?  It's a pretty thought.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 07:46:37 AM »

It is a very pretty, whimsical, idealistic thought!
Unfortunately, it is at odds with 5,000 years of recorded human history.
With no consequences at all for their behavior, people tend to lose their veneer of
civilization pretty quickly and give vent to their savage, violent side. Not all people -
but enough of them to make life pretty awful for those who DO try to live nice, peaceful lives!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 09:23:04 AM »

With no consequences at all for their behavior, people tend to lose their veneer of
civilization pretty quickly and give vent to their savage, violent side. Not all people -
but enough of them to make life pretty awful for those who DO try to live nice, peaceful lives!

Isn't the simplest solution to then declare the difficult cases 'non-persons' (since they do not conform to the definitive decent human behaviour) and proceed to exterminate remove them as dangerous vermin?

Oh...wait a minute...that sounds familiar...

TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

I'm not sure there has ever been a "good" government, per se, just exercises in less evil forms of government, with some systems of government, and those who head it, going far off the deep end of the bad scale. Even our present-day American republic is bloated, clumsy, bureaucratic, corrupt, controlled by special interests, it panders to the masses and sees participation, both in elected office and in the electorate, by those who do society no favors by being there. It is, however, thus far, the best system humanity has devised. At least from what I can tell, and at least until we can evolve toward some sort of benign meritocracy, which I doubt we ever will.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »

I plan to dissolve the government and declare myself Emperor of the United States in the near future.  I would like all of you guys to serve on my ministry of culture.

Except RC.  I will make him Secretary of Parties. TeddyR

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »

I plan to dissolve the government and declare myself Emperor of the United States in the near future.  I would like all of you guys to serve on my ministry of culture.

Except RC.  I will make him Secretary of Parties. TeddyR

I will do my solemn best to get as f**ked up as a can of worms in the whatthef**kever of my country.  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »

I can see it now - I'll be meeting with my council of regents, deep in discussion about whether Kim Jong Un should be executed or simply required to clean all the boy's locker rooms in the USA with his tongue, and RC will break down the door with a keg under one arm and a girl under the other, screaming
"PAAAARRRRRRTTAAAYYYYY!!!"   Cheers hot Buggedout BounceGiggle Twirling
at the top of his lungs.

So, who's with me?

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »

I'm for getting back to mild taxation with a King on the other side of the ocean. They can station soldiers in my house if they want. I will teach mine to play bass will help w/ recording.
Bushma

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 02:24:58 PM »

Well, I don't remember who produced this documentary on North Korea I watched. I think it was National Geographic.

This is the one.  I watched it on cable not too long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLBywKrTf4

WOW!  That Doctor was amazing 1,000 surgeries in 10 days.  I'm very happen that the Glorious Leader brought him to the country to help his people.   Lookingup

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »

I'm for getting back to mild taxation with a King on the other side of the ocean. They can station soldiers in my house if they want. I will teach mine to play bass will help w/ recording.

What happens when the soldiers assault your teenage daughters? 
That was one of the issues that drove the people of Boston to the breaking point.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  North Korean propaganda « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.