Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:58:31 PM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Disney now owns Star Wars!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Disney now owns Star Wars!!!  (Read 8312 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 06, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »

Never in my life did I think I would see the day Mickey Mouse is wielding a light saber.  And never did I think I'd see Goofy piloting the Millennium Falcon.  Never have I thought I'd see the day Donald Duck becomes a Sith!

But its happened months ago.  Disney shelled out a Billion Dollars to buy Lucas Arts.  Never did I think I'd see the late Walt Disney and George Lucas shaking hands.  This had to be the biggest purchase ever made in 2012.

But its happened.  And to top it all off, Disney plans a series of movies about the life of Yoda.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »

Welcome to... about 60 days ago. Where you been?

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »

Bushma

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:00:26 PM »

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »

This news is sooo last year! TongueOut
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:11:33 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 01:25:06 AM »

Welcome to... about 60 days ago. Where you been?

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 03:18:13 PM »

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »

Sorry, Wyre. You're too late. You have seen Donald as Darth Vader, but one can also buy merchandise with Mickey as Luke Skywalker, Minnie as Princess Leia, and Goofy as Darth Vader.

Actually, you're 26 years too late. Disney and Lucas have had a relationship ever since Lucas' Star Tours came to the Disney theme parks.

That was followed a decade later by the Star Wars Weekend, which was an on-and-off event till 2003, when it became an annual event.

Character appearances -- Character parade -- Come as your favorite character from Star Wars (What is your favorite, Wyre?) -- Guest lecturers -- Have your face scanned and then frozen into carbonite as a souvenir of the event.

That spawned the daily Jedi Training Academy, where one may get a chance to fight a lightsaber duel with Darth Vader. (No, not you Wyre. So, you can put your hand down now.)

Actually, at this time, Disney may be good for Star Wars.

There are of course, the upcoming films, which we'll get to later, but also . . .

For a long time, Lucas has wanted to do a TV series based on the Underground in Star Wars, but the cost of doing it has kept it grounded, but with CGI and Disney, that idea is getting some considerable re-consideration.

And just as "Cars" brought Carsland to Disney's California Adventure, there is some talk of converting part of the theme park into Star Warsland.

As for the films . . .

Your info is out of date and wrong, Wyre.

While they do want to do one stand-alone film with Yoda, at this time, the most likely to get a stand-alone film are Boba Fett and a young Han Solo.

And that is one stand-alone film. Not a series of films. Of course, if the first film is successful at the boxoffice, it may lead to a series of films.

Anymore questions?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »

He's b-b-a-a-c-c-k-k!

And not you Wyre, so you can sit down now.

It's all done, but the signature on the contract, but Harrison Ford looks likely to reprise his role of Han Solo in "Star Wars: Episode VII." I wonder if he'll get every actor's favorite scene: a good death scene. Ford has been pushing for some time to kill off his character of Han Solo. And with Ford most likely to come back, there is talk that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will be back, too.

And Frank Oz, has talked about coming back to voice Yoda. Though, Yoda will now most likely be not a puppet, but a CGI creation.
Bushma

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »

He's b-b-a-a-c-c-k-k!

And not you Wyre, so you can sit down now.

It's all done, but the signature on the contract, but Harrison Ford looks likely to reprise his role of Han Solo in "Star Wars: Episode VII." I wonder if he'll get every actor's favorite scene: a good death scene. Ford has been pushing for some time to kill off his character of Han Solo. And with Ford most likely to come back, there is talk that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will be back, too.

And Frank Oz, has talked about coming back to voice Yoda. Though, Yoda will now most likely be not a puppet, but a CGI creation.

Yes! Because having Harrison Ford come back as Indiana Jones was such an awesome idea, and it worked out so well! I can wait to see Han Solo roaming around the Melenium Falcon in a wheel chair, and a balding gray haired Chewie. Poor Skywalker got his his pilot license revoked because his vision is bad. It's ok though because he's teaching a new group of Jedi saying "When I was your age I had to blow up the first Deathstar and learn the force from a ghost."

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 09:07:31 PM »

I hope there's Jar Jar action soon.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Bushma

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 11:02:20 PM »

I hope there's Jar Jar action soon.

Um, no. The only way I want to see Jar Jar again is if Tina Turner puts him in a cage with Blaster.   

Two men enter. One man leaves.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »

I liked Jar Jar.

Granted, the only Star Wars films I'm familiar with are Episodes 1&2, and I hated both. I laughed at Jar Jar though.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Bushma

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »

I liked Jar Jar.

Granted, the only Star Wars films I'm familiar with are Episodes 1&2, and I hated both. I laughed at Jar Jar though.

You are no longer my son! 

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Disney now owns Star Wars!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.