Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:29 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! or not « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! or not  (Read 5940 times)
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 12, 2013, 09:09:47 AM »

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/12/3979564/montana-tv-station-hacked-for-zombie-hoax-alert

If you happened to be watching the Steve Wilkos Show in Great Falls, Montana yesterday, you may have had your viewing interrupted by a strange emergency alert warning of a statewide zombie apocalypse. Fortunately for everyone, it was just a hoax.

As the Associated Press reports, it appears that Great Falls affiliate KRTV was hacked by a prankster intent on spreading mistruths about walking corpses. "The bodies of the dead are rising from their graves and are attacking the living," the station's emergency announcer said. "Do not attempt to approach or apprehend these bodies, as they are considered extremely dangerous." According to the Great Falls Tribune, at least four people called in to local police asking whether the alert was real.

Small | Large

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »

As the Associated Press reports, it appears that Great Falls affiliate KRTV was hacked by a prankster intent on spreading mistruths about walking corpses.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'd expect them to say.   Wink

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »

Only four? People sure are getting cynical. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Bushma

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »

More news on the Zombie front.  Canada says "No" to Zombies and "No" to Americans running from zombies!

http://now.msn.com/canadian-parliament-discusses-zombies-in-viral-video

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »

I wonder if society at large is critical enough of stuff like this to prevent a replay of "The War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.  A zombie outbreak is a natural modern progression.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »

Only four? People sure are getting cynical. TeddyR

You don't know Montana. I still have relations in Montana, and the dead have been arising from the graveyards for years in that state, especially during Oktoberfest. You can recognize them by their bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, and stumbling walk. Oh, wait! That's the drunks. Oh, never mind!
Bushma

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 08:05:31 PM »

I wonder if society at large is critical enough of stuff like this to prevent a replay of "The War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.  A zombie outbreak is a natural modern progression.
That's an interesting thought!  I don't think it could happen mainly for one reason. I don't think it could legally be done.  A hacker doing something like the emergency broadcast can be done for a short time but to get a War of the Worlds effect it would have to be on going and be carried by multiple sources.

If there was going to be a fake news she they'd have play disclaimers. I remember about 15 years ago there was a TV movie which had a War of the Worlds style only with a meteor or something like that. There were disclaimers every commercial break. Could be really interesting social study though.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »

Hahaha, reminds me of a few years ago, when someone figured out how to hack into those electronic highway signs and made them display messages like "DANGER, NAZI ZOMBIES AHEAD" and "RAPTORS NEXT 4 MILES"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »

Not so sure people would fall for it today, because keep in mind that in the 20's and 30's, people were way more gullible due to the influx of horror and science fiction that was being cranked out by dimestore novelists at the time, as well as the more "superstitious" time we lived in when people were more fearful of things they didn't understand.  The radio was a very powerful media tool as it was the major source of news at the time.

Today,  we live in a day and age when nothing is sacred, nor does anything surprise us anymore, and the media is everywhere and too predictable and too full of well, y'know  Wink

However, Bushma reminds of me of something many years back:

I remember about 15 years ago there was a TV movie which had a War of the Worlds style only with a meteor or something like that. There were disclaimers every commercial break. Could be really interesting social study though.

Does anyone remember the mid-70's broadcasts of Night of The Living Dead that were on ABC in the wee hours of the night? One time we were watching it, and there was a disclaimer playing on the screen during the newsroom broadcast that the dead were returning to life.  Makes me wonder how many people saw that and thought somethng was up?  BounceGiggle
ChaosTheory

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 05:05:02 PM »

If the zombies are going after the Steve Wilkos crowd, they're going to be awfully hungry.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 01:08:53 PM »

If the zombies are going after the Steve Wilkos crowd, they're going to be awfully hungry.

Yeah, especially if they're out for brains....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! or not « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.