Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:58:58 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Barbie and Ken « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Barbie and Ken  (Read 5157 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 07:00:53 AM »

don't worry they're all ugly after the chainsaw stops whirring  TeddyR

this is my brother's friend. she was in a horror film called Dead Wood. she's attractive but not in a in a typical hollywood-esque bland way (imo)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm330534912/nm2667309

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:42 AM »

WTF happened to horror movies where people looked like regular folks and not Barbie and Ken? Everybody in new horror films are so good looking! DONT LOOK IN THE BASEMENT was classic,because they were ugly-like me! Why? Everyone is a f**king fashion model! Young hip kids. I hate young hip kids! ARGGGH!

Yeah I hate young punks too

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »

I think though it' only just a guess, that having pretty boy and pretty girl types in horror movies kind of makes you root for the monsters..who here hasn't seen a group of spoiled little rich prissy preps acting like they own the ground they walk on in each one of these movies? And thusly, who here hasn't said, "man I hope they get theirs"? The short of it is that the dumber they are, the more you want to see them get it. Just a thought..
That's a good explanation for lazy writers, but if you're actually rooting for the villain to kill somebody it kinda loses the whole "horror" feel. 

Lazy writers?  I guess so, to a point. But the fact remains that in many of the F:13 movies, the kids were mostly the stupid, out of control party types, with only a few actually rising up to show that they actually had brains.

In The Burning, it was nothing but dumb-assed idiot kids that treaded the same usual lines-drugs alcohol, and party.  I could think of a million other movies, but these are some of the ones I remember the best.

There too, more deaths meant more work for Tom Savini back in the day, and more cash-in at the box office with each sequel, lol  BounceGiggle
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Barbie and Ken « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.