Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:07:23 AM
714312 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Psychedelic Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Psychedelic Movies  (Read 13342 times)
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 12:31:57 PM »

And this is from a much later epoch, but I get exactly the same feeling from the superb soundtrack of Manhunter.

I think you could mine some excellent quotes from all the movies I just listed.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 01:15:02 AM »

Hey gang, thanks for the contributions.  Plenty to trawl through!

Just to give more context as I've thought more about it: I'm basically compiling a list of psychedelic music to put together as a mix tape of sorts: mainly hippy type music, but am putting in a whole host of different songs of similar feeling as well.  In order to bridge the gap between some of the songs I was basically looking for quotes from movies of a psychedelic nature. Eg normally a DJ would mix in the next song and everything seems like one long seamless song, with the music I'm choosing, this isn't always possible, but to give a cleaner transition from one to the next I figure I can throw in movie quotes/soundtracks from the era to hide the transitions from song to song.

Some classic dialogue examples would be people talking about universes/general philosophical mumbo jumbo, or perhaps quotes that sound from the 60s/70s [ie the language is very 'groovy' or they're talking about something from that era.]  Whilst they don't have to specifically be from the era [same goes for the music], quotes from 60s/70s films are preferred as they seem a bit more authentic.

Whilst I'm less likely to use too many movie soundtracks [as opposed to songs that appeared in a movie] some of you have reminded me of a couple I own that I completely forgot about that I may have to listen to again and see whether they suit.

That being said, even though I don't need any visuals, with all the suggestions it does make me want to edit a psychedelic music video as a separate project... Damn you all...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »

Barbarella I always found to be quite psych/trippy. Does that count?

dean

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 02:52:30 AM »

Sure does crackers!  I actually am debating about using the "Angel Is Love" song or the Barbarella theme in the mix, but there's a few dialogue options I may throw in too, depending on what I can find that suits.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 05:42:32 AM »

Sure does crackers!  I actually am debating about using the "Angel Is Love" song or the Barbarella theme in the mix, but there's a few dialogue options I may throw in too, depending on what I can find that suits.

Yeah, there are tonnes of great samples in that flick.

Archivist

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 05:43:55 AM »

Not quite in the same era, but perhaps some of Pink Floyd's The Wall might be appropriate.

Another song/album closer to the true psychedelic era would be Number 9 by The Beatles, as well as any of their other acid-inspired songs (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds).

Droning Indian music like Ravi Shankar might also be cool.  Tripping people were always listening to that stuff in those days, or is that just how they were depicted in film?

You might like to watch the Social Seminar videos on archive.org and YouTube.  There are a few of them, with some very interesting profiles of drug takers in the 70's, and how they have a hard time with general society.  There would be some choice quotes in there.

Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 08:54:36 AM »

Sure does crackers!  I actually am debating about using the "Angel Is Love" song or the Barbarella theme in the mix, but there's a few dialogue options I may throw in too, depending on what I can find that suits.

Yeah, there are tonnes of great samples in that flick.

"Decrucify the angel or I'll melt your face!"

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »

Try these....

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 01:52:50 PM »

Anybody mention that Disney movie where they take a bunch of classical music & put it to trippy cartoons?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 12:22:42 AM »

Fantasia is what I meant.

Anybody mention that Disney movie where they take a bunch of classical music & put it to trippy cartoons?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Eye-gor Frankensteen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 10:59:52 PM »

The Who's Tommy
The Trip
Pink Floyd's the Wall
Easy Rider

Are the ones I can think of.

"Please don't interrupt me whilst I am soliloquizing." ~ Lionel Grisbane
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 07:46:49 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: I realize this may be a little late, but I just saw an episode of the TV series Mod Squad that would be perfect for your project. The episode is called "Survival House." Near the end of the episode, the guest star Sammy Davis Jr, attacks a pusher who sold drugs to his illegitimate daughter. The pushers thugs subdue him and try to give him a lethal does of heroin. Pete and Linc arrive and fight the pusher and his thugs. While this is going on, Sammy Davis Jr character watches the fight while under the influence. It is filmed in slow motion with red, yellow and blue lag-lines following the motion of the characters that are fighting. I believe the music switches to a draggy, fuzztone bass.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Gst0395
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »

I do recommend Roger Corman's "The Trip" (1967) very much. Has a good amount of psychedelic LSD hallucinations and groovy rock music throughout. It was a very controversial title over here in the UK because the BBFC refused to classify and put a ban of it back during it's original release. If I remember correctly, it wasn't released until it's 2002 DVD release. Interesting film overall, I plan on checking out "Psyche-Out" (1968) (also released by American International) as well. These hippie cult flicks are quite interesting.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Psychedelic Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.