Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:47:01 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone seen the movie Voyage of the Rock Aliens? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone seen the movie Voyage of the Rock Aliens?  (Read 1965 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 14, 2005, 06:57:10 PM »

I know this is often said ad nauseum, and I'm sorry to say it myself, but I'm really surprised this movie hasn't been reviewed on here.  Maybe because I'm one of the only people stupid enough to watch it.

At any rate, this movie was insanely bad.  It's considered to be a "rock 'n roll musical" starring Pia Zadora that came out in the 80s.  I believe that says it all right there.

Specifically, one of the musical numbers called "Nature of the Best" has to be seen to be believed.  Some tool crawls along in leopard skin on some rocks and lip-syncs to a bad 80s song while a leopard or tiger (I forget which) roams around in the background.  I was in a drooling coma when the reason for this musical number was given ... if there was a reason given at all.

Don't miss Pia Zadora's epic duet with Jermaine Jackson.  Believe me, I couldn't make this up if I tried.

To those who have seen this: my condolences.  To everyone else: consider yourselves warned.
claws
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:41:36 PM »

Holy thread bump, I bought this:

German release. Haven't seen in years so this should be fun.
Pacman000
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »

Make sure to tell us what you think after watching it!  Smile
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »

Dolph Lundgren posted here!

well, probably not.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
claws
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:29:55 AM »

Well, I did enjoy re-watching this because its been ages. Pia Zadora plays "Dee Dee" and she's sort of the hottest girl at high school (Heidi High). She's in a relationship with Frankie but he's a dick because he doesn't want anybody else besides him singing in his rockabilly band. So Dee Dee sings and dances where ever she goes and bumps into a group of dorky aliens searching for rock music (!). The blond leader falls in love with Dee Dee and she gets to sing in his band during a battle of the bands at the gym.
Silly 80s musical with 1950s setting and lots of new wave-ish fashion. Ruth Gordon can be seen in a supporting role, and the songs are actually catchy. I'll rate this 4/5
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone seen the movie Voyage of the Rock Aliens? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.