Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:04:25 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst of the Worst for 2012. Your call. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst of the Worst for 2012. Your call.  (Read 3329 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 08, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »

Yes, I'm doing the same for this as for the last 2 years.  Asking your opinions on the ten worst offerings from Hollywood of 2012.

The rules are mostly the same(release dates between Jan 1 2012 and Dec 31 2012) with the addition of a few new rules: Mainstream films only.  The films must have a budget of $5,000,000 or more, must have been advertised on national TV networks, must have at least 1 actor or actress everyone has heard of and has to have been shown in 80% of theaters in the USA and maybe in other first world countries.

If you can't come up with 10 films, that's okay.  Just list as many as you can think of.

Now the last rule, you don't have to have seen the film.  You can look at its trailers or look up its plot on Wikipedia.org.

So badmoviephiles, show me what you've got.  TeddyR 

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:29 PM »

I don't think anybody should list movies they haven't seen that's just silly. Here are the worst movies I saw from last year.

1)The Paperboy-How a movie with so much over the top depravity (Nicole Kidman p**sing on Zac Efron, extreme violence, John Cusack as a disgusting murderer) can manage to be so incredibly dull is beyond me. Macy Grays hard to understand narration doesn't help.

2)Cabin in the Woods-I really hated this movie, unfunny, uninteresting, a complete disappointment after all the critical hype.

3)Killing them Softly-This film deserved to bomb, it was a talky movie with nothing to say. The director seemed unsure of the audiences intelligence so decided to hit them over the head with his crime as US economy metaphor in every single scene. Also horrible obvious music choices.

4)Cosmopolis- Completely pretentious and dull. Cronenburg proudly states that he wrote the script in a few days simply, he should keep this to himself when your movie is this terrible. Even me appearing as an extra doesn't save this one.

5)The Comedy- I guess they were trying to make a thoroughly unpleasant film about the meaninglessness of it's terrible characters. Well they succeeded.
66Crush
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:44:27 PM »

Cabin in The Woods
Creep Van
VHS
and especially that f'n Abe Lincoln vampire movie!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:06:35 AM by 66Crush » Logged
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 11:57:55 AM »

I liked everything I saw in theaters last year but looking at trailers here's what  I'm guessing are bottom films 9 of 2012 that I would've got the least enjoyment out of, listed in no real order.

1 The Dictator
2 Battleship
3 Total Recall
4 Paranormal Activity 4
5 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2
6 The Guilt Trip
7 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
8 The Bourne Legacy
9 That's My Boy

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »

6 The Guilt Trip

Was that the one with Seth Rogen & Barbara Streisand?  I remember seeing Seth doing some promo interview and ye gods, he genuinely hates Babs!

The ones that really struck out for me:
SEEKING JUSTICE
BATTLESHIP
LOCKOUT
ABE LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER
MAGIC MIKE
THE INNKEEPERS
FRIENDS WITH KIDS
WANDERLUST
ALEX CROSS
21 JUMP STREET
ROCK OF AGES
CABIN IN THE WOODS

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:02:22 PM »

6 The Guilt Trip

Was that the one with Seth Rogen & Barbara Streisand?  I remember seeing Seth doing some promo interview and ye gods, he genuinely hates Babs!

Yes.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pizdatrica
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »

-Anna Karenina- I went to see it with my girlfriend and was bored as heck. She didn't find it much interesting either.

-Paranormal Activity 4- I just liked the ending, the rest of the movie is slow
Eye-gor Frankensteen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »

The Tall Man
The Tall Man
The Tall Man...

It's the only movie released in 2012 I can think of that was so bad that it wasn't even good.

"Please don't interrupt me whilst I am soliloquizing." ~ Lionel Grisbane
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst of the Worst for 2012. Your call. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.