Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:18:08 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Stallone gives an update on expendables 3 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stallone gives an update on expendables 3  (Read 5454 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:48 AM »

loved the first two and I hope they get Jackie to be in the next one

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175471-sylvester-stallone-gives-an-update-on-the-expendables-3

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »

Don't be such a sourpuss, Seagal!
Jackie C would be a great choice.  Or also Kurt Russell, Bruce Campbell, Keith David....

I'd like to see Ben Foster as the young(ish, he's my age lol) nerdy guy; and Aubrey Plaza or Rashida Jones as the funny-but-not-necessarily-sexy girl.

Fantasy casting these movies is almost more fun than actually seeing them  Twirling

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:15:34 PM »

I loved the first two! And I think Jackie Chan would be an excellent addition. So would Kurt Russell. These are great escapist films. Thumbup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »

I loved the first two! And I think Jackie Chan would be an excellent addition. So would Kurt Russell. These are great escapist films. Thumbup

You're right,  these flicks are pure escapism!  I liked the first one, loved the second; I hope they continue with the humor - and Statham.  Lots of Statham TeddyR

Fire walk with me
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »

The second one was by far superior to the first.  The first felt a bit too gritty and modern.  The sequel was much closer to an old 80s action flick. 

As for who I'd like to see in the next movie... I'd love to see an appearance by Mr. T, even if it's only a brief appearance or quick cameo.  (If he gets into a  fist fight with Stallone or drives a big black van, that would just be icing on the cake.)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:23:42 AM »

Pity that they couldn't get Steven Seagal but I hope that Chuck Norris will be back.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:21:11 AM »

Agreed. Come on Steven, this kind of thing will take you to the bank. The cash bank.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 07:53:31 AM »

Agreed. Come on Steven, this kind of thing will take you to the bank. The cash bank.

TeddyR TeddyR

Hey, Doc Smile

I believe Steven Seagal has issues with the producers (Avi Lerner and the guys at NuImage) stemming from their filming of Mercenary For Justice in South Africa and that's why he won't be part of this film, sadly.  Apparently his line of "You [expletive deleted] us and I'm not getting past that!"  in Mercenary For Justice was said to Luke Goss but was actually meant for the producers.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »

I thought that the extended director's cut of the first film was a very noticeable improvement over the theatrical cut so if you haven't seen the DC of the first I highly recommend it. They completely re-cut the movie from the ground up.

As for the 2nd film, I thought it was a lot of fun as well but I still feel that Sly hasn't managed to quite nail the tone that he has been going after and seems to be even more aware of that than ever for the 3rd film. With Sly, Arnold and Statham's recent solo outings bombing horribly at the box office, I hate to say it but The Expendables is where they need to be focusing their attention on.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »

As for the 2nd film, I thought it was a lot of fun as well but I still feel that Sly hasn't managed to quite nail the tone that he has been going after and seems to be even more aware of that than ever for the 3rd film.
I think the tone he's going for is simple.  Old fashioned 80s action flick.  I was tempted to say "with a slight touch of tongue in cheek-ness" but then I realized that's practically redundant. 

I think the problem is that nobody seems to know how to make those movies anymore.  The look to them is far too stylized, gritty, and goes for an overly-realistic Hollywood touch. 

Maybe if they cut down on the visual effects like how they seem to give everything a certain tint with computers (especially obvious in night shots) and simply went with he old fashioned "actually filmed in daylight with more or less natural lights" it would feel more authentic. 
ChaosTheory

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »

As for the 2nd film, I thought it was a lot of fun as well but I still feel that Sly hasn't managed to quite nail the tone that he has been going after and seems to be even more aware of that than ever for the 3rd film.
I think the tone he's going for is simple.  Old fashioned 80s action flick.  I was tempted to say "with a slight touch of tongue in cheek-ness" but then I realized that's practically redundant. 

I definitely got that vibe from the second one.

Maybe if they cut down on the visual effects like how they seem to give everything a certain tint with computers (especially obvious in night shots) and simply went with he old fashioned "actually filmed in daylight with more or less natural lights" it would feel more authentic. 

It would also help if they'd just keep the damn camera stationary.

Fire walk with me
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Stallone gives an update on expendables 3 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.